Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Wouldn’t mind seeing how the second half of 18/19 season compares with the second half of 19/20.....you know the bit where Rafael and the current bloke have had a chance to influence the team to get to play the way they want.....

Guest chopey

In my mind Bruce has failed this season, it's been a very poor quality premier league, most teams have had transition seasons with the exception of Liverpool who have now peaked, £60 on two forwards that have scored 5 goals is just poor in anyone's eyes.

Guest Butcher

Wouldn’t mind seeing how the second half of 18/19 season compares with the second half of 19/20.....you know the bit where Rafael and the current bloke have had a chance to influence the team to get to play the way they want.....

:lol:

In my mind Bruce has failed this season, it's been a very poor quality premier league, most teams have had transition seasons with the exception of Liverpool who have now peaked, £60 on two forwards that have scored 5 goals is just poor in anyone's eyes.

What in your eyes, wouldn't have been failure?

He has exceeded expectations as we've not been relegated. Success would have been seeing some football that doesn't make your eyes bleed, and that's been a massive failure

Form - Last 20 games

2018/19  W8 D4 L8  28:26  28

2019/20  W5 D6 L9  20:32  21

Seeing him implement his own ideas gradually through the season to a point where we looked competent playing his preferred formation. Whatever that is.

:thup:

The results side of things I don’t particularly care about this season but I see no direction under him. We’re in a similar sort of position in terms of points to Southampton and Brighton. Similar sorts of budgets and squads too (under an Ashley NUFC) but you can see what their managers want to do. If we were where we were now, under Hasenhuttl or Potter even under this regime I’d be behind them. Bruce though and his ‘plans’, nah.

:thup:

The results side of things I don’t particularly care about this season but I see no direction under him. We’re in a similar sort of position in terms of points to Southampton and Brighton. Similar sorts of budgets and squads too (under an Ashley NUFC) but you can see what their managers want to do. If we were where we were now, under Hasenhuttl or Potter even under this regime I’d be behind them. Bruce though and his ‘plans’, nah.

Great post

SB on injuries:

"The impact injuries, there's nothing you can do about it. We have had our fair share, probably too many. Especially when we play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday we can't seem to cope. We'll have to look at that and see what we can do to improve."

Nothing you can do about it :lol:

SB on injuries:

"The impact injuries, there's nothing you can do about it. We have had our fair share, probably too many. Especially when we play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday we can't seem to cope. We'll have to look at that and see what we can do to improve."

tenor.gif?itemid=14601056

SB on injuries:

But they'll look to see what they can do.

Which is it Steve??  :lol:

:lol: :lol:

From .com

Rather bizarrely, Steve Bruce adding Paul Dummett to his list of doubts for Monday - although the player is ineligible to play in either of our remaining games as he was omitted from our 25 man PL squad list back in February.

Sigh

Might be an idea to stop repeating the bullshit mantra that he lets HIS guests spout all the time.

No need for any abuse, but he should be doing a better job of defending us to made up shit.

Or the reason he doesn't is because there would be no shit for SKY to stir ?

I like Jeff a lot, but he's another who does nothing to stop the nonsense about us being put out there.

The only point proven is that Bruce inherited a well drilled team, had more money spent and neither manager won anything. There are a ridiculous amount of variables between Bruce's season and Rafa's season, from the teams around them to the resources available to them, to the disruptions of covid19. All I would say is that Bruce should probably receive some praise for retaining the team's motivation to get through what has been a difficult season for everyone but if people are seriously asking who's the better manager then you can only look at past achievements, in that Rafa wins hands down.