Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

The anti-Rafa stuff on Sky (football pundits) is weird, they can dress it up how they like but with Rafa and Us, they never missed a chance to get a sly dig in somewhere.

He did an amazing job, yet they want to undermine that all the time, it's really odd.

The irony surrounding the Bruce agenda is that they wouldn't harp on to such an extent if he was actually a good manager who deserved to be here. The message around 'defying expectations' or 'bettering Rafa's points total' only serves to validate my opinion on the bloke, tbh. They're lauding the achievement of overseeing an unremarkable survival with a group of players who have no business being in a relegation scrap because it is an achievement for a loser like Bruce. By wittering on about it, they're just confirming that the ceiling is indeed incredibly low. So no, I don't feel like I've been put in my place or proven wrong.

As for the actual analysis of his performance in comparison to his predecessor; Armchair Pundit has summed it up there. Bruce has played his part of course, but Rafa has a claim to being at least partially responsible for another year's survival, because of the unit he built after relegation in 15/16. Dubs-Lascelles-Hayden-Gayle; that's still the key spine of the team, and it's Rafa's.

I don’t think a lot of it is anti-Benitez as such, but their pandering to English managers is just weird.

Yeah that's true enough.

Guess when they’re all pals it’s hard for them to be critical of their mates. Just means they can’t be truly balanced.

I don’t think a lot of it is anti-Benitez as such, but their pandering to English managers is just weird.

Yeah that's true enough.

Guess when they’re all pals it’s hard for them to be critical of their mates. Just means they can’t be truly balanced.

Aye, but that just makes it completely daft. Just whack Roy Keane on everything and go the other way  :lol:

Yeah, Pardew and Allardyce got their hoops licked regularly for the same reason.

Hahahahahaha

If that's a genuine quote then it shows exactly why Bruce should be nowhere near a premier League team. I've not exactly held back on him for being crap, but that's beyond belief

"absolutely World Class CH" btw too. Not just useful or emergency CH. World class CH.

Sort of makes you wonder why no other manager has ever even considered playing him there. I mean, if he could have been World class in any position I'd have thought he'd have been given a go there at some point. Maybe every single other person is wrong and Bruce is right?  ???

Guest chopey

Personally I've got 2 more games of Bruce, if we start next season with him in charge it has to mean Ashley is to

Guest Butcher

Not saying he’d be World class, but I think Carroll could’ve been a very decent CB If you go 30 years back in time. :lol:

Guest chopey

It's not just how he handles the first 11 though, he has made no impact to the region, or training facilities or behind the scenes with medical and nutrition prep.

He fills a hole, builds foundations on sand and then leaves the mess for the next bloke to pick up, his record on injuries at every club he has been to is shocking to the point that I'm sure he has Nanny from Count Duckula looking after them.

Takeover confirmed next week and this bloke is out of the door Monday after, the same way he came, under a blanked with no fanfare at all.