Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

It is unbelievable that businesses (clubs) worth over 300M do not do the sufficient diligence to select the most important person within that business. It is still based upon how good a player they were, how friendly they come over.... it does not seem to have any relevance to how good a manger they will be, perhaps the only facet being they can get some initial respect from the players (which wears out very quickly when they realise they have an imbecile training them).

It is unbelievable that businesses (clubs) worth over 300M do not do the sufficient diligence to select the most important person within that business. It is still based upon how good a player they were, how friendly they come over.... it does not seem to have any relevance to how good a manger they will be, perhaps the only facet being they can get some initial respect from the players (which wears out very quickly when they realise they have an imbecile training them).

Our owner didn’t even do proper due diligence when he purchased us.

I’ve just seen that one of his quotes post match was;

“I think the players are enjoying it”

WTF! If any of them are then they need to be booted out as soon as this clown goes!

As fate would have it, Stamford Bridge was the place where Steve McClaren couldn't contain his enjoyment en route to relegation. It's obviously a fun place to get battered.

Guest neesy111

Only drawn four games all season, we are utterly hopeless at coming back from behind. But positives.

We've lost 5 more games than Brighton.  It's ridiculous how shit we are.

I think six points from our last four games is a good return and we were never going to get anything at Stamford Bridge.

More annoyed that Fulham won at Everton. That was a dreadful result for us.

With ASM and Wilson both missing two months of the season, a relegation battle is really where we should be. Almost every squad in the league is on a par or better than ours in my opinion, so we wouldn't be much better off with a half-decent manager. Obviously would with Rafa but his CV is a different level to most.

I hear people saying we should be competing for the top 10, but they are clearly better than ours with a better injury record. We have players like Shelvey and Lewis in our starting 11 after all.

Anyway, despite all that Bruce is horrendous.

I think six points from our last four games is a good return and we were never going to get anything at Stamford Bridge.

With ASM and Wilson both missing two months of the season, a relegation battle is really where we should be. Almost every squad in the league is on a par or better than ours in my opinion, so we wouldn't be much better off with a half-decent manager. Obviously would with Rafa but his CV is a different level to most.

I hear people saying we should be competing for the top 10, but they are clearly better than ours with a better injury record. We have players like Shelvey and Lewis in our starting 11 after all.

We competed for the top 10 before Brute arrived and since then he's been given £100m to improve the team. I'm not having it that 4th bottom is our rightful position. The sum of our parts on the pitch is better than 17th. They've proven that.

Therein lies another problem. We shouldn't have to factor in that our best players might miss significant chunks of the season.

Admittedly ASM was done in with Covid but both last season and this, he's suffered non-impact injuries. It's not an impact injury that's put Wilson out either.

The way butter boy talks, it's like injuries have to be accepted, taken on the chin (one of many) and there's no way of reducing the risk - which isn't the case at all.

We competed for the top 10 before Brute arrived and since then he's been given £100m to improve the team. I'm not having it that 4th bottom is our rightful position. The sum of our parts on the pitch is better than 17th. They've proven that.

As I said Rafa was a different level. Most okay Premier League managers wouldn't have us competing there normally. Bruce may be terrible still, but he shouldn't judged on how he does compared to Rafa (unless he starts making silly comparisons but that's a different story).

He had £100m but £40m was spent on a player the club were desperate to sign for some bizarre reason and was nowhere near that level. Rafa had Rondon and Perez - may have cost next to nothing but we definitely had more goals in that team on paper.

We can talk about how we're doing compared to under Rafa and how much money Bruce has had, but is our squad really better than those of Fulham, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Burnley, Southampton, Aston Villa etc? I'd only say Burnley out of those and Fulham, Palace and Brighton are a similar level through having more depth than us. Take away ASM and Wilson for large parts of the season as stated and we have very poor alternatives as well as the poor players in our starting line-up.

Therein lies another problem. We shouldn't have to factor in that our best players might miss significant chunks of the season.

Admittedly ASM was done in with Covid but both last season and this, he's suffered non-impact injuries. It's not an impact injury that's put Wilson out either.

The way butter boy talks, it's like injuries have to be accepted, taken on the chin (one of many) and there's no way of reducing the risk - which isn't the case at all.

I do agree with you, but along with Almiron they are so far ahead of the rest going forward that we just don't have adequate replacements. I know some of the other lower teams are heavily reliant on one or two players, but they clearly have a bit more depth for when they're missing. Miss our star players and you're talking the likes of Ritchie, Joelinton, Gayle, Carroll and Murphy coming in.

Bruce wouldn't have done anything with Perez and Rondon man.

We saw Rondon under Pulis and Perez under Pardew et al. and they were nothing special.

It was far more to do with what Rafa was getting out of them. Just like he would get a lot more out of the current bunch we have.

You're right, but they are definitely better than Joelinton. I appreciate Bruce did have money spent on ASM and Wilson though, who are genuinely good, but take them at least one of them out the side as we will have done for half the season and the difference is pretty striking.

I'd rather not spend too much time defending Bruce because he's terrible, but under most Premier League managers given the injuries we've had, I wouldn't expect us to do much better. More the way we have got the points that has pissed me off.