Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

BBC:  " . . . little bit of quality . . . difficult run of games . . . difficult against these top teams . . . something we have to learn from . . . we will keep working on it."

Sky:  "We are having a difficult moment . . . have to keep working away . . . it's getting that balance right . . . The one thing we have to do to win a match is to score a goal . . . have to be more creative in the final third . . .you will have tough moments if you're in the Premier League and in the bottom half. We have to dust ourselves down . . ."

So we'll end up with Mark Hughes or Tony Pulis as they're the few British Recycle Managers we haven't had yet.

I don’t think so. Hughes, Pulis, Pardew etc, they’ve all had very iffy spells when appointed to teams who were struggling.

There’s almost no sure thing type appointment who would be guaranteed to keep us up, with British managers I mean. Apart from Allardyce who isn’t available anyway and probably wouldn’t come back anyway.

There will be little or no business done this month in terms of players coming in. Honestly I think our only hope of staying up is if the takeover happens and they hire a competent manager on a short term deal with an option to stay if things go well.

Source is amiss right now, but swear I remember reading/hearing someone say that Ashley hired Pardew on the back of he wanted an English manager, and he(Ashley) wanted to play 442?

Llambias wanted Pardew cos he was more 'Hollywood' than Hughton. And cos he knew him.

Source is amiss right now, but swear I remember reading/hearing someone say that Ashley hired Pardew on the back of he wanted an English manager, and he(Ashley) wanted to play 442?

Llambias wanted Pardew cos he was more 'Hollywood' than Hughton. And cos he knew him.

Aye, Hughton had his writing on the wall after siding with the dressing room over the player bonus stuff right?

I'm sure I heard recently someone said that Ashley wanted 442, and that's why Pardew was a fit.

It's stuck in my mind though, the Ashley 442/English... remember thinking how obvious it was when I heard it, of course he'd want a 442!

Primed. Ready. He's coming..

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19018258.enough-rest---mark-hughes-ready-management-return/

Pearson is likely the best we can realistically hope for from the bargain bin. Given his previous relationship with the club I can certainly see them calling on him until the end of the season. The problem with that is we need to always take the best of our worst picks then downgrade by four or five to approach where Charnley and Ashley will look.

Hughes or Pulis would be horrific. Still likely thinking too high in terms of quality.

In a way not having fans in the stadium is a good thing for us, neither the media nor Bruce can blame the "deluded fans" for putting pressure on him when he is trying his best and was doing well, even though we all knew from the day he got appointed what was going to happen.

BBC:  " . . . little bit of quality . . . difficult run of games . . . difficult against these top teams . . . something we have to learn from . . . we will keep working on it."

Sky:  "We are having a difficult moment . . . have to keep working away . . . it's getting that balance right . . . The one thing we have to do to win a match is to score a goal . . . have to be more creative in the final third . . .you will have tough moments if you're in the Premier League and in the bottom half. We have to dust ourselves down . . ."

He keeps talking about the final third, or defence. I don't think he even understands what a midfielder role is. Pardew didn't see the point of midfielders either but at least he just played to his beliefs and wellied the ball over their heads at the earliest opportunity.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19018258.enough-rest---mark-hughes-ready-management-return/

Pearson is likely the best we can realistically hope for from the bargain bin. Given his previous relationship with the club I can certainly see them calling on him until the end of the season. The problem with that is we need to always take the best of our worst picks then downgrade by four or five to approach where Charnley and Ashley will look.

Hughes or Pulis would be horrific. Still likely thinking too high in terms of quality.

I'd rather have Lee Clark than Nigel Pearson.

That double team duo did draw away at Watford after Roeder resigned.

Still, what has Pearson ever done? Took Watford job because he knew he'd be paid out, or sacked....

Take Lee Clark - at least the little b****** might kick wor Jonjo in the teeth, teach him how to kick a bugger even if you cant catch him....

SMBxLeeClark2=CHAMPIONSLEAGUEFOOTBALL

I'd rather have Lee Clark than Nigel Pearson.

That double team duo did draw away at Watford after Roeder resigned.

Still, what has Pearson ever done? Took Watford job because he knew he'd be paid out, or sacked....

Take Lee Clark - at least the little b****** might kick wor Jonjo in the teeth, teach him how to kick a bugger even if you cant catch him....

SMBxLeeClark2=CHAMPIONSLEAGUEFOOTBALL

Are you an ostrich?

I could well believe it, just listening to him talk, or attempt to talk, let´s you know that there isn´t a lot of quality grey matter upstairs.

The only thing that gives me an inkling of hope that we will get rid of him is that Ashley might wake up and smell the coffee i.e. see that his end game is disappearing quickly and will react to that... then again, from past form... I must be dreaming