Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Cancelled Sundays off, to get the players in for more running drills no doubt. Doing more of the same s*** that has led to two abject performances isn't going to improve anything - the man is a f***ing dinosaur.

They must be sick of him by now surely. I can't stop laughing at his face in my photo  :lol: :lol:

Craig Hope in the Daily Mail:

It's only two defeats for Steve Bruce but already Newcastle are falling flat on their faces as manager insists he 'can't forgive a performance where basically you don't put your boots on'

In one breath, Steve Bruce said he could not question the desire of his Newcastle players, in the next he was accusing them of not even putting their boots on. It is this scrambled thinking, the mixed messages and a sense of being overwhelmed by the job he has inherited which have accentuated a feeling of impending crisis, even at this early juncture.

Forget Rafa Benitez, Mike Ashley, protests and boycotts, the cause for concern among supporters and observers is entirely the making of Bruce and his players. There is a myth that the new head coach has entered a toxic club where fans are willing him to fail. That isn't true, they are reacting to what they have seen on the pitch. Had they won at Norwich on Saturday, the team would have been cheered from the field, likewise if they'd beaten Arsenal on the opening weekend. But they did not, they lost both matches, the latest following a performance so abject that Bruce cancelled Sunday's day off and ordered his players to report for an inquest.

'I can't go onto the pitch with them,' said Bruce. 'But the one thing in management I've always tried to instil into my team is yes, we make mistakes, but I can't forgive a performance where basically you don't put your boots on.

'Unfortunately, it's happened already, which is the second game in, but I'll do all I can to make sure that changes.'

Downing tools after two games of a new management regime, as Bruce suggests, is reason for alarm. The boss has attempted to protect himself by making reference of Benitez not winning any of his first 10 matches last season. And yes, he deserves - and will get - at least that amount of time to make his mark on a team he has only worked with for a month or so. But to ignore the warning signs would risk sleepwalking towards an irreversible position, much like the club did under Steve McClaren four years ago. First up, determining what it was that caused his players to not even match Norwich for effort.

'We've got to do the basics better,' said Bruce, whose side were beaten by a Teemu Pukki hat-trick, aided by defensive disarray.

'Whatever level you're at, the first thing you have to do is do more than the opposition. I didn't think we did that.'

Then there is the formation, a 3-5-2 that has at least four players - two wing-backs and two advanced midfielders - in positions they, personally, would not regard as their strongest. It is also a system in which the £61million front pairing of Joelinton and Miguel Almiron appear isolated from each other and the team.

As Alan Shearer observed on Match of the Day: 'Where do you start with Newcastle? Terrible defensively, no creativity at all.

'Time and time again Joelinton was on his own. They could have played for another three or four hours and I wouldn't have fancied those two (forwards) to combine.

'Scoring goals will be a big problem for Newcastle unless they change things.'

Bruce has to make those changes and quick, otherwise talk of a far more drastic change will soon be in the offing.

:thup:

I know last season we had a terrible start but, Rafa had a huge amount of credit in his bank.....  Brucey baby must be feeling the pressure already having had all that money spent for him,  (well....  all of Ashley's profits).

Difference also being that Rafa wasn't happy with the transfer activity, and the deals we did get came in too late for him, which he stated publicly.

Bruce on the other hand praised the regime for the excellent work they've done this summer and was happy with the state of things, implying that there shouldn't be any excuses for a poor start against sides we should theoretically get something from.

"There is a myth that the new head coach has entered a toxic club where fans are willing him to fail. That isn't true"

It is like

Hope writing that is good though, to face claims of the job being impossible rather than Bruce not being fit for purpose.

Cancelled Sundays off, to get the players in for more running drills no doubt. Doing more of the same s*** that has led to two abject performances isn't going to improve anything - the man is a f***ing dinosaur.

They must be sick of him by now surely. I can't stop laughing at his face in my photo  :lol: :lol:

I just can't see what he can possibly achieve by spending more time with the players. It's his work with the players that is causing them to be so shit.

The thing that baffles me most about how shit we are is that Bruce was a CB, and we have a good group of talented CBs. At the very least you would expect us to be solid at the back and hard to break down. 

that article is spot on aside from the myth line. i was laughing my head off when i saw it was 1-0 at halftime then 3-0 near the end. fuck them

Cancelled Sundays off, to get the players in for more running drills no doubt. Doing more of the same shit that has led to two abject performances isn't going to improve anything - the man is a fucking dinosaur.

Bruceaurus Basicus

Does anyone think he even does analysis on upcoming opponents or anything like that?

Suppose there would be no point because he wouldn't know what he's supposed to be looking for anyway.

If there was any analysis done it would likely be done by one of his coaches but like you say, what is he going to be looking for?  I'm sure they'll be looking at distance covered and heart rate to make sure the players are 'putting in the effort' but anything more scientific than that will be way beyond these morons.