Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest The Little Waster

Clarky by Xmas

I actually wouldn't object!

Hes got experience of the lower leagues 😎 proper local not plastic like Brucie 🤓

Ashley would have been better off just sticking with Redfearn and Dawson.

4 mil compo for this worse than useless prick, it's fucking mental :lol:

It's not my £4m, and I can happily say I contributed nothing towards it in any way. So brilliant. Just a shame it wasn't more. :)

It was so obvious to anyone who knows anything about football that Rafa was getting far more out of these players than their ability would usually allow.

Our owner knows nothing about football, yet him and his mates like to go on like they know better than people who have succeeded in the game over many years.

Can't deny it's really nice to see it blow up in his fat stupid face yet again, and as others have said when we go down we'll stay down a while this time. No way you'll see the stars aligning the way they did the last 2 times.

Yep, Rafa was making every player look 30% better and he was probably worth 15 points a season at least. Timing his departure with also getting rid of Rondon and Perez was absolutely criminal. Nothing of note up front and a clueless manager making the defence significantly worse. Basically relegation by design. 

They’ll never sack Bruce. Just can’t see it. Pardew would still be here if SackPardew hadn’t put the pressure on so much that the crowd eventually turned, he cried and then found a way out.

I think Bruce walks or gets sacked by November. There’s no way he lasts a full season. We aren’t going to win a single match with him in charge. The players won’t play hard enough to turn it around. We get relegated last year without Rafa guiding the ship. He’s worth 100% of our points last season.

Guest chopey

Listening to Mourinho explain Rafas tactics the other day and realising we won't see him pop his glasses into his top pocket and then to have this amateur in charge grinds my gears

Presumably Ashley is willing to get relegated as long as he hasn’t spent too much in the process. Otherwise his decisions make even less sense.

I think he’s not bothered as long as we can come back up straight away. He can hoover up the parachute payments (are they anywhere near what you get for 17th place in the PL? I don’t know enough about them), flog a couple of purples and also loan the club a bit more to keep us forever in his debt then get back up to the PL. Rinse and repeat, all the while free/ cheap advertising for Sports Direct with a (literal now) Brucie bonus of royally pissing off the stupid jawdees as he does it by setting the club back around 20 years which I think has always been part of his plan.

He’s in an almost impossible position, 11th choice, not enough time preseason, existing players who must have been pissed off with the shambolic way the club handled Rafa and then muddled around for a replacement and new signings coming into a storm.

The bile that’s coming his way needs to be redirected to Ashley, Bruce is making the hash of it most believed he would and his media skills are clumsy and crass. I’ve never rated Bruce as a manager, I detest his weird accent, he looks like he lives in Fenwicks doorway and I really don’t think he had any real support for NUFC. His dad might have but I can’t remember Bruce ever recalling any NUFC matches of his youth or attending any as a fan. The fact that he managed Sunderland is neither here nor there for me.

Directing shit towards Bruce might get him out but he’d simply get replaced. Ashley has to be the target we should remember that. Bruce is just a symptom.

It's a position he actively chose to put himself in, despite being in a decent job and despite advice from Shearer.

Ashley is very difficult to get to. We need to keep targeting those underneath him because if they keep falling by the wayside then it gives him a pain in the arse. We need to make the managers job as toxic as possible to the point that no one wants it. We are pretty close to that now so we should push on.

Guest The Little Waster

The ones I spoke to said that he was a very good Championship Manager with a proven record of getting clubs promoted.

Couldn't argue with their logic.

So hes still here next season then 🤓

The ones I spoke to said that he was a very good Championship Manager with a proven record of getting clubs promoted.

Couldn't argue with their logic.

Did they actually say what he brought as a manager other than the reputation as a good championship manager? Because that's where it all seems to get fuzzy when people talk about Bruce, no one really seems to know what his attributes are. Having watched two games with us, it certainly isn't organisation or attacking football.