Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I'd be really interested to know what Bruce is telling the players to do. Even some s*** managers have a structure, style of play and loose plan that they adhere to, and after a few weeks it usually shows through, even if it isn't effective - lumping the ball long, get it to the wingers and swing crosses in, press high, hit it up to the big man to flick on to the little man, one touch passing, 11 men behind the ball etc.

Bruce has been managing for long enough that he must have some repeatable ideas, plans and behaviours that he instills at every club?  He can't just go into every job planning on winging it?!  I think i've watched all of our games so far and I can't see any sign of a plan, pattern of play or structure, nothing! What exactly is he trying to get the team to do FFS?!  :lol:

What were the teams he got promoted known for? Anyone?

He says formost he has always prided himself on an honest hard working team

Sounds technical!

This is it.

We know Rafa got angry with poor performances, but you know he would be very specific with his criticism. This dickhead would have just questioned their commitment, which they've likely been questioning themselves since Rafa's departure

I'd be really interested to know what Bruce is telling the players to do. Even some shit managers have a structure, style of play and loose plan that they adhere to, and after a few weeks it usually shows through, even if it isn't effective - lumping the ball long, get it to the wingers and swing crosses in, press high, hit it up to the big man to flick on to the little man, one touch passing, 11 men behind the ball etc.

Bruce has been managing for long enough that he must have some repeatable ideas, plans and behaviours that he instills at every club?  He can't just go into every job planning on winging it?!  I think i've watched all of our games so far and I can't see any sign of a plan, pattern of play or structure, nothing! What exactly is he trying to get the team to do FFS?!  :lol:

I never understood his appeal as a manager beyond that initial spell he had with Norwich when he was fresh out of the blocks. Shepherd wanted him here then because he was a Geordie, and not for any other reason other than he had started his managerial career well.

Since then, I keep wondering what he has produced in the game in that 20 year career as a manager to make people keep giving him jobs. He's English I suppose and has had a couple of decent spells in the championship.

For us though it has come full circle, and we have brought him back here because he is a Geordie. Suits Mike to provide some extra buffer room, and also suits Charnley who is a thick loser.

I'd be really interested to know what Bruce is telling the players to do. Even some shit managers have a structure, style of play and loose plan that they adhere to, and after a few weeks it usually shows through, even if it isn't effective - lumping the ball long, get it to the wingers and swing crosses in, press high, hit it up to the big man to flick on to the little man, one touch passing, 11 men behind the ball etc.

I never understood his appeal as a manager beyond that initial spell he had with Norwich when he was fresh out of the blocks. Shepherd wanted him here then because he was a Geordie, and not for any other reason other than he had started his managerial career well.

Since then, I keep wondering what he has produced in the game in that 20 year career as a manager to make people keep giving him jobs. He's English I suppose and has had a couple of decent spells in the championship.

For us though it has come full circle, and we have brought him back here because he is a Geordie. Suits Mike to provide some extra buffer room, and also suits Charnley who is a thick loser.

Errmmm aren't you forgetting getting to the FA Cup final and winning one match with Hull in the Europa League.

Pining for Mo Diame in the papers today :lol:

Says he would have tried to keep him if he had come into the club earlier :lol:

Would the club have let him though :laugh:

It seemed a club policy to not keep him apparently Rafa Benitez could only veto incomings not outgoings.

Rafa forced him, Perez, Rondon and Ronaldo out of the club. Also turned down signing Maguire and TAA. Also told the club to increase ticket prices to piss the fans off. Bruce was against all of this.

Rafa forced him, Perez, Rondon and Ronaldo out of the club. Also turned down signing Maguire and TAA. Also told the club to increase ticket prices to piss the fans off. Bruce was against all of this.

I heard that Rafa wanted to personally kill some of our academy products, especially the local lads. Rumour has it he tried to throw Longstaff’s brother off a cliff. Bruce had to step in to save him, Newcastle hero that man, bleeds black and white

Rafa forced him, Perez, Rondon and Ronaldo out of the club. Also turned down signing Maguire and TAA. Also told the club to increase ticket prices to p*ss the fans off. Bruce was against all of this.

:lol: Messi was outside the ground asking for 10k/week but Rafa told him to fuck off.

Proper 1984 stuff coming out of this shithouse club.

He's already been told he didn't manage Norwich too :lol:

My memory's not the best on the finer details of shite managers, I will admit. But at least I knew he was a shite manager which is more than most professional football pundits and Lee Charnley.

Guest chopey

Has anyone analysed what Bruce has changed tactically since last season ? from my uneducated armchair eyes the work rate is a lot less and players are caught out of position a lot more than under Rafa. 

Has anyone analysed what Bruce has changed tactically since last season ? from my uneducated armchair eyes the work rate is a lot less and players are caught out of position a lot more than under Rafa. 

Looks to me that he has no real idea what a formation is about, he has openly said he doesn't believe in tactics. Since we struggled early on, he tried to copy Rafa's setup, but he doesn't know the finer details so players are probably a bit in the dark as to what it is he expects. Rafa was very precise on where players were supposed to be positioned, and what their role was. But then he has a big respect for tactics and precise details.

Looks to me that he has no real idea what a formation is about, he has openly said he doesn't believe in tactics. Since we struggled early on, he tried to copy Rafa's setup, but he doesn't know the finer details so players are probably a bit in the dark as to what it is he expects. Rafa was very precise on where players were supposed to be positioned, and what their role was. But then he has a big respect for tactics and precise details.

His go-to formation seemed to be 3-5-2...he scrapped that after 2 games and copied Rafa's system. Went on a run of 1 loss in 4 (at Anfield) where you assume most of the players still know what they're doing from last season. Willems & Ritchie both out and he changes the whole lot again to a 4-4-1-1 and we get tanked. He has no philosophy, no clue. You'd surely just stick Manquillo LWB rather than unsettling the whole system?

Aye but that all comes at the expense of having fun in training.

His go-to formation seemed to be 3-5-2...he scrapped that after 2 games and copied Rafa's system. Went on a run of 1 loss in 4 (at Anfield) where you assume most of the players still know what they're doing from last season. Willems & Ritchie both out and he changes the whole lot again to a 4-4-1-1 and we get tanked. He has no philosophy, no clue. You'd surely just stick Manquillo LWB rather than unsettling the whole system?

I honestly don't think he even knows that much about his own go-to formation of 3-5-2. If he did then he should have no problem getting players to execute it. It's probably just a generally defensive set up where you hoof the ball to a big man up front so hardly rocket science.

I think the confusion comes because he has no idea how to transition to attack. Players are left to make it up as they go along.

At the end of the day, this squad can’t compete unless they are incredibly well-drilled and have a manager who takes away most of their decision-making. We’ll concede so many goals that anything else is pretty much irrelevant.

Think you're exaggerating tbh. Look at Sheff Utd, Brighton, Villa, Norwich and their squads. They've not got top-class managers either. Just needs someone with a bit of ability and confidence and we're back above those 4.

At the end of the day, this squad can’t compete unless they are incredibly well-drilled and have a manager who takes away most of their decision-making. We’ll concede so many goals that anything else is pretty much irrelevant.

Think you're exaggerating tbh. Look at Sheff Utd, Brighton, Villa, Norwich and their squads. They've not got top-class managers either. Just needs someone with a bit of ability and confidence and we're back above those 4.

Agree. I don't think this squad is that great, but they are being made to look worse by an absolutely disastrous managerial appointment. Bruce had no credentials at this level, at least not in the modern era. Even his supporters in the media haven't been able to give any meaningful endorsements. It's all vague nonsense about him being a good sort, or having plenty of experience. None of them go on to admit it's experience of being shite.