Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I firmly believe that Rafa made very average players look so much better and those said players really were. They needed someone like Rafa to nurture them and bring them on. Longstaffe is a classic example, Rafa having worked with him every day for a year before he even made his debut.  I kmow he's been injured but he is a shadow of the player he was.  Dummett has also gone backwards and I don't see Bruce having whats needed to bring out the best of these guys.  Even top players need top coaching, look at Sterling and How Pep and Arteta have transformed him.

that's the difference between elite managers and PFM type garbage, guys like rafa will improve everything across the board...obviously a handful will not take to methods or personalities and in the main top managers will improve most of the players and performances

average PFM's like bruce will improve a handful if they're lucky, some will stay about the same if they're lucky and others will collapse into oblivion

i'd say we've seen improvement from shelvey so far, but i've yet to entirely buy into that, but beyond i'd say what's been noticeable is he's

destroyed almiron

is in the process of destroying joelinton

looks like destroying sean longstaff

thrown Ki in the bin completely

people like hayden, clark, fede have done well under him but i'm not sure you could class any as an improvement on where they were under rafa

I find the Shelvey thing to be so comical. As soon as someone scores a goal they're deemed to be playing well. Um ... okay.

I notice it's the same thing whenever the team manages a result no matter how badly they've played. The performance is just swept under the carpet.

We are eventually going to pay dearly for so many players playing so poorly in general and the subsequent terrible performances overall.

I firmly believe that Rafa made very average players look so much better and those said players really were. They needed someone like Rafa to nurture them and bring them on. Longstaffe is a classic example, Rafa having worked with him every day for a year before he even made his debut.  I kmow he's been injured but he is a shadow of the player he was.  Dummett has also gone backwards and I don't see Bruce having whats needed to bring out the best of these guys.  Even top players need top coaching, look at Sterling and How Pep and Arteta have transformed him.

that's the difference between elite managers and PFM type garbage, guys like rafa will improve everything across the board...obviously a handful will not take to methods or personalities and in the main top managers will improve most of the players and performances

average PFM's like bruce will improve a handful if they're lucky, some will stay about the same if they're lucky and others will collapse into oblivion

i'd say we've seen improvement from shelvey so far, but i've yet to entirely buy into that, but beyond i'd say what's been noticeable is he's

destroyed almiron

people like hayden, clark, fede have done well under him but i'm not sure you could class any as an improvement on where they were under rafa

Almiron and Longstaff - fair comments.

Joelinton just looks gash - not sure you can blame Bruce for that.

I disagree about Joelinton. I personally won't judge him until Bruce sorts the system or we get another manager that gets him chances nearer goal and he starts missing them.

Carroll, with all his experience, looks equally shit standing up on his own fighting for hoofs against 2-3 defenders. But let's judge a 23 year old new to the country as we always do.

Pepe at Arsenal presumably shit and needs binning as well.

destroyed almiron

I find the Shelvey thing to be so comical. As soon as someone scores a goal they're deemed to be playing well. Um ... okay.

I notice it's the same thing whenever the team manages a result no matter how badly they've played. The performance is just swept under the carpet.

We are eventually going to pay dearly for so many players playing so poorly in general and the subsequent terrible performances overall.

I've said elsewhere it's just Pardew 5th season again. Shit performances, 2nd best every game. Keep it tight and nick a goal. You run out of road playing that way, ours will be when the defenders stop scoring or we start shipping goals.

destroyed almiron

I disagree about Joelinton. I personally won't judge him until Bruce sorts the system or we get another manager that gets him chances nearer goal and he starts missing them.

Carroll, with all his experience, looks equally shit standing up on his own fighting for hoofs against 2-3 defenders. But let's judge a 23 year old new to the country as we always do.

1 goal in 17 though. I mean it's pretty terrible for a striker.

He played fairly well against Spurs, but apart from that he's done fuck all really.

destroyed almiron

He played fairly well against Spurs, but apart from that he's done fuck all really.

Someone needs to show me a stat on how many chances have been created for him.

destroyed almiron

:thup:  i can see with my eyes what's going on like, don't need stats to tell me, but it won't be pretty i'd have thought

again i'll ask anyone booting off with joelinton to watch carroll in the same position and tell me what changes

destroyed almiron

:thup:  i can see with my eyes what's going on like, don't need stats to tell me, but it won't be pretty i'd have thought

again i'll ask anyone booting off with joelinton to watch carroll in the same position and tell me what changes

Or maybe one is not good enough and the other is past it and both are garbage?

destroyed almiron

Or maybe one is not good enough and the other is past it and both are garbage?

Check the thread title. This bloke is here because Rafa agreed with you.

Don’t know why you guys are bothering to moan at him to be honest...he’s doing more than we could have ever imagined he would. 25 points at this stage of the season is excellent. There’s nothing wrong with just being happy for him you know ?

I get the anger surrounding Ashley and Rafa leaving, but can’t ask much more from Bruce like.

The luck is unsustainable you can’t keep being that bad and keep winning matches playing that bad.

Anywith with a brain can work out Bruce won’t take Newcastle anywhere longterm.

Obviously he won’t. We won’t go anywhere long term with any manager.

The quality of football is literally no different to the last 3 seasons.

The luck is unsustainable you can’t keep being that bad and keep winning matches playing that bad.

Wrong we were the top scoring team in the Championship.

And the 4th highest scoring team in the second half of last season scoring 27 goals in 17 matches(Only Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal scored more).

If you can’t notice the difference between the second half of last season and the first half of this season goals wise then wow.

Only 2 teams have scored less in the first half of this season goals wise it’s the complete opposite to the second half of last season under Rafa.

And the 4th highest scoring team in the second half of last season scoring 27 goals in 17 matches(Only Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal scored more).

If you can’t notice the difference between the second half of last season and the first half of this season goals wise then wow.

Only 2 teams have scored less.

We played Fulham before Christmas last season, drew 0-0 and had zero shots on target.

We were class 2nd half of last season, but we had some stinking games first half of season tbf.

Only 2 teams have scored less.

We played Fulham before Christmas last season, drew 0-0 and had zero shots on target.

We were class 2nd half of last season, but we had some stinking games first half of season tbf.

Will we ever be the 4th highest scoring team in the league for half a season under Bruce?

I don’t see that type of improvement just unsustainable luck.