Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

10 points dropped at home against Norwich, Villa, Watford, West Ham and Brighton is very poor

How about beating Spurs away? How about beating Man United at home? How about beating Chelsea at home? How about doing the double over Sheffield United without conceding? How about doing the double over Southampton? How about doing the double over Bournemouth? How about 3 home losses this season in 17 games? Is that VERY POOR?  :drool:

Alex Bruce has logged back on it seems

Why even quote my post if you are not even going to bother to engage with it in a meaningful way? You don’t even address the point I’m making and then you hysterically hurry your way through a whatabout tour of Bruce’s achievements  :lol:

We have lost THREE games at home.  :lol: :lol:

And you're moaning about home form. Incredible.  ???

We’ve dropped TEN points at home to relegation-threatened sides in the league

That was the only point I was making, however way you want to spin it, it’s poor. Fans at other clubs would be looking back at saying the same if they had the same record.

Again, you’ve not engaged with the point I’m actually making, third time’s a charm?

Of course I’m being selective, because my post was solely our record about the bottom 6 clubs you complete idiot :lol:

Failing to beat 5 of the bottom 6 at home is very poor, even if it has been masked by some very fortunate results against other teams. Hope that helps. :thup:

This  :thup:

Of course I want up to beat the shit/average teams at home. The Brighton and Norwich games were horrific tbf. But if you don't win, then at least don't get beat. And no shit team has beaten us at home.

We have shown fight at home. Watford 1-0 down - come back for a draw. City behind twice, come back for 2-2. Bournemouth 1-0 down, come behind to win the game 2-1. Southampton 1-0 down, come back to win 2-1. West Ham behind twice, come back for 2-2. We work hard at home, and we're always in the game. Only 1 game of 17 we've not been in that game at all (Leicester) and that shows we have some character at home.

We’ve won 6 home games out of 17, do you think that’s acceptable? Unless we get a draw against Liverpool, our home form is likely to have been the same as we managed in our last relegation season.

A lot of the games this season at home have been pretty shit. Pretty boring. But clearly, we're hard to beat at home. I think 6 home wins is acceptable, considering we're on 26 points from 17 games. Last season we lost 10 home games, and ended up on 25 points.

We picked up 3 more points at home the season we went down. We’ll probably match that this season (unless we fluke a result against Liverpool) but that’s shocking.

We’ve won 6 home games out of 17, do you think that’s acceptable? Unless we get a draw against Liverpool, our home form is likely to have been the same as we managed in our last relegation season.

A lot of the games this season at home have been pretty shit. Pretty boring. But clearly, we're hard to beat at home. I think 6 home wins is acceptable, considering we're on 26 points from 17 games. Last season we lost 10 home games, and ended up on 25 points.

We picked up 3 more points at home the season we went down. We’ll probably match that this season (unless we fluke a result against Liverpool) but that’s shocking.

It's not shocking. Our home form is steady. That relegation season our home form was decent but our away form was absolutely gash and that's why we went down.

Personally I don't give a shit if the points are home or away. Bruce, for all I didnt want him , has done OK and better than most thought, including myself.

I can’t believe I’m seeing ‘6 wins at home is acceptable’. That’s bonkers. So you think it’s fine that we fail to win 2 out of every 3 games we play up here? I don’t believe that for one second.

Fairly sure at the start of any season most fans wouldn't give a shit of how many wins etc if the team achieves their aim.

You're trying too hard to make a case against, it lacks honesty.

I can’t believe I’m seeing ‘6 wins at home is acceptable’. That’s bonkers. So you think it’s fine that we fail to win 2 out of every 3 games we play up here? I don’t believe that for one second.

Fairly sure at the start of any season most fans wouldn't give a shit of how many wins etc if the team achieves their aim.

You're trying too hard to make a case against, it lacks honesty.

Exactly.

i'll absolutely give bruce credit for coming back from the quarantine with a team that looks much more up for it than the rest of the bottom half sides. Thought we'd run a real risk of coming back complacent and underwhelming and slip into a relegation battle.

that he's outperformed expectations over the course of the season I'll never directly credit him with because I refuse to believe carrying on for 3 months with your back 5 scoring 50% of your goals was ever intended. As much a fluke as Pardew's 5th place finish although I don't hate Bruce anywhere near as much.

Guest Butcher

So you’re happy that 13th is ‘our aim’?

What the hell do you expect when Mike Ashley is the owner?

Agree with the majority of posts over the last couple of pages. A quick summary being I don’t dislike him as a person but tactically I don’t want him as manager.

There’s a lot of ifs and buts in the question but what I’m interested in is what people’s opinions are on Bruce if takeover falls through? Would you keep him as manager?

I understand it raises the issue of whether you could support the club etc, I’m assuming everyone in the right mind doesn’t think he should be here if the takeover happens and Ashley certainly isn’t going to sack him. Assuming we’re in a Mike Ashley word next season do you keep him?

I’d still probably say no despite a couple of decent results/performances lately.

So you’re happy that 13th is ‘our aim’?

Once I saw that Bruce was taking the job I fully expected relegation, so 13th is certainly acceptable. I think ASM deserves credit for achieving that for us.

He shouldn't be here regardless, but under Mike he's the perfect fit, a snake happy to accept anything to keep his payday.

Michael Martins piece summed things up pretty nicely in the article linked on here. Bruce saying ASM wouldn’t be sold was laughable given his complete lack of control and the point made that’s exactly why he’s in place.

The takeover is key. We need it to progress. So important it goes through. I said previously I'd be happy if the takeover goes through, get somebody like Poch in and Bruce can be in some sort of ambassador role on a good wedge.

Guest chopey

Thought he would be shit,

He's been ok,

Next season under Ashley, we go down,

Next season under Saudis, gone by Christmas.

Bruce can be in some sort of ambassador role on a good wedge.

You've descended into WUM persona now. You have your opinion which is fine, but please don't morph into an internet troll, man.

Guest neesy111

Ambassador [emoji38] The cunt's avoided our club almost his entire adult life, until it finally suited his ego and pocket.

Exactly.