Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Perfect for Bruce fly around going to dinners. Eating loads of nice food. Play loads of golf. Banter with different people. Give the odd media soundbite.

How exactly would that benefit us as a club?

For me he's done better than I thought he would, he's still not good enough mind. His poor management catches up with him eventually, a bit like Pardew's does.

The home record thing is only ok now in hindsight, it's ok because we've done ok away, hindsight is wonderful eh ?

But whether we like him or not, the points total is decent and to say otherwise is a bit daft. End of the day we can pick holes in any argument, the points are on the board no matter how they got there. And he's responsible for it, tbf.

The takeover is key. We need it to progress. So important it goes through. I said previously I'd be happy if the takeover goes through, get somebody like Poch in and Bruce can be in some sort of ambassador role on a good wedge.

Jesus Christ :lol:

Sacked, no wedge at all, thanks.

Perfect for Bruce fly around going to dinners. Eating loads of nice food. Play loads of golf. Banter with different people. Give the odd media soundbite.

As I say, internet trolls, are beyond tedious.

How exactly would that benefit us as a club?

:lol:

:thup:

Think it's just a wind up tbh. Maybe.

Saudis might just sack him or they might offer him some sort of ambassador role. I could see it. Again we just need this takeover to fucking go through. Taking too long.

5 games left. I'd be happy with 7 more points get us to 50 points for season.

I wonder if Froggy[/member] feels his club has missed a trick in not appointing their long-time captain and the man who lifted the first PL trophy as an ambassador?

As opposed to our club, where he’s served with questionable adequacy for eleven months...

i'll absolutely give bruce credit for coming back from the quarantine with a team that looks much more up for it than the rest of the bottom half sides. Thought we'd run a real risk of coming back complacent and underwhelming and slip into a relegation battle.

that he's outperformed expectations over the course of the season I'll never directly credit him with because I refuse to believe carrying on for 3 months with your back 5 scoring 50% of your goals was ever intended. As much a fluke as Pardew's 5th place finish although I don't hate Bruce anywhere near as much.

this sentence should end the bruce argument, that's it right there

We’ve won 6 home games out of 17, do you think that’s acceptable? Unless we get a draw against Liverpool, our home form is likely to have been the same as we managed in our last relegation season.

A lot of the games this season at home have been pretty shit. Pretty boring. But clearly, we're hard to beat at home. I think 6 home wins is acceptable, considering we're on 26 points from 17 games. Last season we lost 10 home games, and ended up on 25 points.

I think 6 home wins is acceptable for a side who are happy with mediocrity. Every team should be aiming to win most of their home games, and not less than half

I wonder if Froggy[/member] feels his club has missed a trick in not appointing their long-time captain and the man who lifted the first PL trophy as an ambassador?

As opposed to our club, where he’s served with questionable adequacy for eleven months...

Quite a few people on here would have probably suggested Bruce was just as good a manager as Ole. :lol: Time changes a lot of things. Bruce is doing exactly what Ashley wants him to do. Once this takeover happens you'll be free.

We’ve won 6 home games out of 17, do you think that’s acceptable? Unless we get a draw against Liverpool, our home form is likely to have been the same as we managed in our last relegation season.

A lot of the games this season at home have been pretty shit. Pretty boring. But clearly, we're hard to beat at home. I think 6 home wins is acceptable, considering we're on 26 points from 17 games. Last season we lost 10 home games, and ended up on 25 points.

I think 6 home wins is acceptable for a side who are happy with mediocrity. Every team should be aiming to win most of their home games, and not less than half

Once upon a time our home crowd made that a realistic proposition.

6 wins with 0 draws isn't good enough. 6 wins with 8 draws is acceptable.

Were you happier last season when we won 8 home games but had less home points than this season?

Quite a few people on here would have probably suggested Bruce was just as good a manager as Ole. :lol: Time changes a lot of things. Bruce is doing exactly what Ashley wants him to do. Once this takeover happens you'll be free.

Tragic thing is Bruce probably is as good as Ole, but when you can blow 50m on a reserve midfielder and have 140m sitting on a bench during a match the players will cover how crap you actually are!

Got to be spectacularly bad to have those kind of resources and not achieve. for reference...Souness with us. More money than previous managers by a long way, yet takes the team to a 12 year low

Were you happier last season when we won 8 home games but had less home points than this season?

Yes, because there looked to be a coherent plan and no where near as reliant on luck as this season has. The entertainment was also far higher which is kind of the point in the first place. Sitting watching a team that is scared to venture into the opposition half and even at home is no fun. Watching a team that can't keep possession for more than 1 minute at a time is no fun. Watching at team that gets a corner and instead of attacking passes back to their own goal keeper is embarrassing.  Watching a team getting schooled by the far and away relegation favourites is nothing to be happy with.

Relying on other teams not performing and getting the odd lucky result is not a sustainable method. Luck runs out, and what's that? oh, low and behold a team is sitting in the relegation zone hoping to pull off a result on the last day which might keep them up only for a duff deflection to welcome the cold embrace of the championship

Yes, because there looked to be a coherent plan and no where near as reliant on luck as this season has. The entertainment was also far higher which is kind of the point in the first place. Sitting watching a team that is scared to venture into the opposition half and even at home is no fun. Watching a team that can't keep possession for more than 1 minute at a time is no fun. Watching at team that gets a corner and instead of attacking passes back to their own goal keeper is embarrassing.  Watching a team getting schooled by the far and away relegation favourites is nothing to be happy with.

Relying on other teams not performing and getting the odd lucky result is not a sustainable method. Luck runs out, and what's that? oh, low and behold a team is sitting in the relegation zone hoping to pull off a result on the last day which might keep them up only for a duff deflection to welcome the cold embrace of the championship

We lost our first 5 home games last season. Let's be honest we were shit the first 11 home games of the season. Won 2 Drew 1 Lost 8 games. We had scored 7 goals in 11 home games.

I remember the Brighton 1-0 loss at home. We played shit. West Ham 3-0 loss at home. We played shit. Fulham 0-0 at home. We had zero shots on target. We were beyond shit.

We were very good in last 8 home games of season, and the entertainment level was a lot higher than this season - but the first 11 home games was shit and not entertaining.

Guest reefatoon

We lost our first 5 home games last season. Let's be honest we were shit the first 11 home games of the season. Won 2 Drew 1 Lost 8 games. We had scored 7 goals in 11 home games.

I remember the Brighton 1-0 loss at home. We played shit. West Ham 3-0 loss at home. We played shit. Fulham 0-0 at home. We had zero shots on target. We were beyond shit.

We were very good in last 8 home games of season, and the entertainment level was a lot higher than this season - but the first 11 home games was shit and not entertaining.

Samptime29 is right here mind. We paint over it because it was Rafa, but the first half of our home form last season was fucking awful and the football was lifting.