Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I know it feels wrong praising him, but he probably has got something right tbh with all the luck he’s getting. We all know he hasn’t a clue tactically, but I do think the players are playing for him and he has the dressing room. Yes that will only get you so far, but he surely has something going for him to have kept getting managerial jobs. Doesn’t mean he’s a good manager overall. Compare that to how the players acted under McClaren or Kinnear though.

Luck runs out eventually, like with Pardew. Even with his 5th place finish, I think his luck was more down to the teams around us. We were lucky Chelsea and Liverpool had poor seasons, but imo had the 7th best squad and came 5th due to them, so it wasn’t that extraordinary really.

It is wrong

I mean this is what I don’t get here... insult him constantly with regular references to his weight and appearance, but say one thing in praise of him? Nope, shocking...

I know it feels wrong praising him, but he probably has got something right tbh with all the luck he’s getting. We all know he hasn’t a clue tactically, but I do think the players are playing for him and he has the dressing room. Yes that will only get you so far, but he surely has something going for him to have kept getting managerial jobs. Doesn’t mean he’s a good manager overall. Compare that to how the players acted under McClaren or Kinnear though.

Luck runs out eventually, like with Pardew. Even with his 5th place finish, I think his luck was more down to the teams around us. We were lucky Chelsea and Liverpool had poor seasons, but imo had the 7th best squad and came 5th due to them, so it wasn’t that extraordinary really.

not taking the p*ss, but genuinely asking which players are playing for him?

even last season it was only really ASM.

All of them look to be playing for him in my view. There doesn’t seem to be signs of bad attitudes like there have in the past. I mean if it’s not for him, then they’re at least showing the right attitude that’s helping us keep up the fight. Whether they’re all playing well or used the they should be is a different matter...

I think they certainly like Bruce because he doesn't challenge them much. Training is apparently just a kick about from that information that leaked from his former player De Laet.

We all know Rafa was far more detailed and precise about things and perhaps some didn't fancy the extra work it took.

Once the humiliating losses and clueless performances really start piling up, they'll begin to realise their folly.

From Football365....they seem to get it

"Last week’s 1-1 draw at Tottenham illustrated one of the most fundamental yet still under-appreciated truths of human existence, which is this: Newcastle under Steve Bruce are totally just winging it, all the time. The Toon have scored with 100% of their shots on target in the Premier League this season. They somehow have four points from three matches. A nonsense of a team"

From Football365....they seem to get it

"Last week’s 1-1 draw at Tottenham illustrated one of the most fundamental yet still under-appreciated truths of human existence, which is this: Newcastle under Steve Bruce are totally just winging it, all the time. The Toon have scored with 100% of their shots on target in the Premier League this season. They somehow have four points from three matches. A nonsense of a team"

That is an insane statistic :lol:

Love the summary, too

Guest neesy111

Why do none of the journalists challenge him on the shite he talks? Was the same when Pardew was here

Harder now with it all done virtually, but they really should be writing up about how bad we are.

That Man City home game in our first season back has a lot to answer for. As far as I can recall it's the only match which actually fits this constant '5-4-1' generalising of the team pre-Bruce. After Almiron arrived it wasn't remotely all-out-defence. You might as well call Conte's title-winning Chelsea side all-out-defence if you're gonna do that.

Bloke's just lying at this point. He can't get the team performing because he's a bad manager, it's a simple as that. Absolutely fuck all to do with what came before.

Why do none of the journalists challenge him on the s**** he talks? Was the same when Pardew was here

Harder now with it all done virtually, but they really should be writing up about how bad we are.

Craig Hope seems to in fairness

That Man City home game in our first season back has a lot to answer for. As far as I can recall it's the only match which actually fits this constant '5-4-1' generalising of the team pre-Bruce. After Almiron arrived it wasn't remotely all-out-defence. You might as well call Conte's title-winning Chelsea side all-out-defence if you're gonna do that.

Bloke's just lying at this point. He can't get the team performing because he's a bad manager, it's a simple as that. Absolutely fuck all to do with what came before.

Interesting comparison. Conte's the only other manager I can recall who blamed the previous manager for the defence being rubbish. He managed to actually change things though.

Bloke's just lying at this point. He can't get the team performing because he's a bad manager, it's a simple as that. Absolutely f*** all to do with what came before.

Interesting comparison. Conte's the only other manager I can recall who blamed the previous manager for the defence being rubbish. He managed to actually change things though.

That was in like the first two games of his first season though. Still going on about it well over a year later is pure nonsense

Bloke's just lying at this point. He can't get the team performing because he's a bad manager, it's a simple as that. Absolutely f*** all to do with what came before.

That was in like the first two games of his first season though. Still going on about it well over a year later is pure nonsense

Oh, completely agree.

Bang on Yorkie.

I was comparing Conte to Rafa in that both played 3-4-3, or, to the thick, thin-skinned arseholes among us - '5-4-1'.