Joelinton

Stifler

See what you're saying, man, but I am now actively wishing that it backfires spectacularly. No indifference, but a sincere hope that Steve Bruce immediately steers this cancer-ridden club into the Championship. At this point, there is likely no other way to get rid of him without taking the club into the abyss of the lower leagues, and staying there for awhile.

We've gone from complaining about stringency with signings to now lamenting too much money being spent and contracts being too long. Amazing :lol:

We've still hardly spent a penny ffs. Theres no way we're paying £40 million for him either, it's undisclosed as usual.

Still enough to get some over-excited though I see.

Guest neesy111

Cannot wait for the "they've broke their transfer record twice in a year, what more do fans want?" narrative.

Has a 2015/16 feel with another puppet as manager.

I feel like I should be excited, but I'm just not.

Yep, same. Just keep thinking... why didnt they back Rafa with that sort of money/investment? He was given Joselu.

I mean, we know why... its the transfer model, simply back to the way it was under Pardew, with players using the club as a stepping stone... something Rafa even came out against.

And the fee... £35-40m for a not very well known, not very prolific player. But then again, we want £50m for longstaff.

Guest covmag

Cannot wait for the "they've broke their transfer record twice in a year, what more do fans want?" narrative.

Some cunts don’t get NET spend, I wish they would ffs.

Has a 2015/16 feel with another puppet as manager.

I'd say it's an almost identical situation. I'm struggling to see many differences. I think we'll stay up, though, and that's based on absolutely nothing.

Some c***s don’t get NET spend, I wish they would ffs.

Wait for Gorrila hands write up on this.

To be honest, I've got no issue with the strategy of buying young exciting players. Our execution is just plain unadulterated shit, though, plus unlike other clubs who operate this way, we're doing it solely for the cash and not the sporting endeavour.

Some cunts don’t get NET spend, I wish they would ffs.

Aye but there's so much more to the finances of a football club than incoming and outgoing transfers. The way people go on about it is as if each club has a seperate pot of money for transfer funds.

This is why some people don't take us seriously. Our woes are waaaaaaay deeper than net spend on transfers.

I feel like I should be excited, but I'm just not.

Yep, same. Just keep thinking... why didnt they back Rafa with that sort of money/investment? He was given Joselu.

Simple. They didn't need to. Benitez could easily keep the club in the top flight with Joselu. Bagpuss can't. Same reason McClaren got given a load of money, because he was fucking hopeless. They just hoped the signings would offset it.

Strangely felt slightly gutted when I heard the news, was hoping we "couldn't get it over the line" to add more fuel to the fire. Now it's just more ammo for the Ashley fans, ignoring everything before, during and after to tell us we're all ingrates because uncal Mike has splashed his cash for us little Geordies :anguish:

Nothing can or will absolve Mike Ashley and the club's hierarchy from what has been a shambles of a summer, however I am allowing myself to be pleased and even excited about this lad coming in. It's not his fault that the club is ran so poorly, or that we allowed a brilliant manager to walk replacing him with mediocrity - therefore I am looking forward (from the comfort of my home) to seeing what he brings to the team. Couldn't care less about the transfer fee - I don't think it's overpaying at all, it's simply what Premier League clubs spend these days. The norm. We should be doing that.

Will take some time to settle imo, much like Rondon, but I think he can do very well here.