Joelinton

Stifler

7 hours ago, Heron said:

Quite looking forward to Eddie Howe playing this down and dealing with it as Eddie Howe does. Cool, calm and with rationale.

Hope he just says “5 and drive” and moves onto the Fulham game.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

I wouldn’t be alarmed if the PIF say to Eddie. The bloke has to go. 
It would be devastating. But tarnishing the brand and image of the club in this way might be a very thin line the expect no person related to the club to cross.

Not saying this will happen. But he may be used as an example. We never know.

1 minute ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

It would be devastating. But tarnishing the brand and image of the club in this way might be a very thin line the expect no person related to the club to cross.

You Edwards?

54 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

What the fuck ?

1 hour ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Good to see theres no knee-jerk reactions, was expecting lots of Vaux outrage as well,  comforting

Edited by RUHRLYASLEEVESUP

8 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Let's not overplay this situation without facts. Also Anderson is promising but looked poorer against sheff we'd and one backpass nearly led to a goal for them. 

Howe will have the facts so however he plays it will be correct I feel as he’s done everything else right so far. If he shots get dropped then maxi plays for me 

16 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Howe will have the facts so however he plays it will be correct I feel as he’s done everything else right so far. If he shots get dropped then maxi plays for me 

Yeah, agreed.  I’ll happily back whatever Howe’s actions are.  Dropping him for the Fulham game due to a clear failure to meet expected standards might be an outcome I would think (though I’m not saying it will - or should - be).  Shame as I can’t imagine anyone wants that given his form - and any ‘punishment dropping’ would likely be temporary (like ten Hag dropping Rashford the other week, albeit under different circumstances).  And if he plays vs Fulham that’s ok with me too - the gaffer and the club will likely get the decision right. 

I think the moral outrage is justified. Nice to see our fans absolutely consistent on this and not swayed by the fact he’s an NUFC player.

Anyway, I’m off to the transfer thread to discuss how we can spend our Saudi blood money.

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, agreed.  I’ll happily back whatever Howe’s actions are.  Dropping him for the Fulham game due to a clear failure to meet expected standards might be an outcome I would think (though I’m not saying it will - or should - be).  Shame as I can’t imagine anyone wants that given his form - and any ‘punishment dropping’ would likely be temporary (like ten Hag dropping Rashford the other week, albeit under different circumstances).  And if he plays vs Fulham that’s ok with me too - the gaffer and the club will likely get the decision right. 

As people have said, the law will deal with this according to the particular context. More tricky is how Eddie and the club will deal with it.

This is a club that is more embedded in its community than most clubs of its size, and within the club Eddie has brought a strong ethic of team work and mutually applied standards. He has used both of these aspects to the team's advantage, but now it feels we have to pay the due price of that. I'm not saying he should throw the book at Joelinton, but this can't be treated as a purely private matter. He is a public figure, a role model, and he appears to have committed a criminal offence.

What Eddie can't afford to do is downplay the significance of this out of fear that the team's performance will dip if Joelinton doesn't play. Without pre-judging the court outcome, the player should be dropped at this point on the grounds that the player and the team would not be in the right mindset otherwise.

58 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think a one-match suspension from the club as a slap on the wrist and we'll move on.

Yeah you’d think that’s the smart play or the bench minimum and hope he’s not needed the very smart play.