Joelinton

Stifler

1 hour ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

They’re completely different players with entirely different characteristics surely? A fit Willock is a useful player no doubt, but he doesn’t replace the physicality lost when Big Joe is out of the team at all

Yes there are some differences, but both are best on the left side of a midfield three. I only hope that he can get fit again over the summer as he was never ready to come back into the team at any point this season but was played out of necessity.

As a man, he must be so fking intimidating. Something in the eyes, it's sort of Mike Tyson-esque.

6ft1 of pure muscle and absolutely not afraid to put himself about.

This might seem a bit old-school, but I want him to clatter more people, he needs to get 1 or 2 reds a season. I want the opposition players to actually fear this guy who really doesn't give 2 fucks about the consequences. Viera got many a red in his day - he holds the PL record currently for all-time sending offs. If it puts any hint of doubt in an opposition player and makes them play safer or more nervously, he's done his job.

24 minutes ago, HawK said:

As a man, he must be so fking intimidating. Something in the eyes, it's sort of Mike Tyson-esque.

This might seem a bit old-school, but I want him to clatter more people, he needs to get 1 or 2 reds a season. I want the opposition players to actually fear this guy who really doesn't give 2 fucks about the consequences. Viera got many a red in his day - he holds the PL record currently for all-time sending offs. If it puts any hint of doubt in an opposition player and makes them play safer or more nervously, he's done his job.

Had a friend who doesn't follow football but she saw him on TV & was like 'where's he from? He looks like he could be Jonah Lomu's cousin'

I didn't even realise it was Joelinton's wedding they were at. For some reason I thought he was already married.

Looks like a cool do with the Hawaiian shirts. He should've worn the one with his face on though

On 25/05/2024 at 11:09, HawK said:

Very good points in this post, especially regarding Vieira, who was the perfect blend of intimidation, muscle and ability.

I'd also like to see Bruno do a bit less of the physical/ red mist stuff - leave it to his mate.

There's lots that video doesn't show which we've sorely missed. This season's home win against Arsenal the last 10 to 15 minutes it was Big Joe clearing everything. Must have won over 10 headers in that time alone.  He seems to me now to be a real Captain type as well as the minder for a lot of the smaller players. A game against Everton a couple of seasons ago, Everton were really playing dirty and Joe sorted out their entire midfield. I don't think there's a player exactly like him in the game. Made up he signed his new deal.

1 minute ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

There's lots that video doesn't show which we've sorely missed. This season's home win against Arsenal the last 10 to 15 minutes it was Big Joe clearing everything. Must have won over 10 headers in that time alone.  He seems to me now to be a real Captain type as well as the minder for a lot of the smaller players. A game against Everton a couple of seasons ago, Everton were really playing dirty and Joe sorted out their entire midfield. I don't think there's a player exactly like him in the game. Made up he signed his new deal.

IMG_3744.png.e047fe9a839c1fcb4daedd6793983d2b.png

2 minutes ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Agree with this. He may have some technical flaws with his passing and finishing. Plus sometimes holding onto the ball so long. But never known a player like him that has so many qualities that don’t appear on any stats sheet or necessarily shine through if you’re half watching a game. 

He’s an animal and I’m also really happy he is staying. 

On 25/05/2024 at 05:35, Checko said:

Had a friend who doesn't follow football but she saw him on TV & was like 'where's he from? He looks like he could be Jonah Lomu's cousin'

Jonah Lomu was a bad ass and so is Big Joe.