Joelinton

Stifler

Can't wait for Bruce to say he's had his eye on this lad for a while and he had the final say to bring him in

I don't mind tbh. If he's getting decent players he has zero excuses if he can't get results.

i can only imagine Bruce has a pretty weak pay off and a very easy contract that MA could terminate if he's not doing the business and getting us to 17th

Snag is we then get relegated.

Oh no! How will we cope with that? Almost like it's in the club's mission statement.

If he looks even marginally decent playing for our dumpster fire team, he’ll get a move away to a real club after a season or two.

Well, that's why he has been bought. so we can sell him on at a fat profit. Get with the program.

Yeah definitely him. Just why on earth would we spend this and not keep Rafa. I hate everything about this club

Baffled me as well. Imagine the excitement had Rafa stayed and then we signed this lad.

Bunch of morons.

Rafa didn't want this signing.

They chose these types of signings over Rafa.

This has been the main issue the last few years. It's why signings coming in were such an issue under Rafa.

Rafa didn't want to have to pick players from the recruitment teams list, which had a remit set by MA to younger players with high potential.

Yeah definitely him. Just why on earth would we spend this and not keep Rafa. I hate everything about this club

Baffled me as well. Imagine the excitement had Rafa stayed and then we signed this lad.

Bunch of morons.

Rafa didn't want this signing.

They chose these types of signings over Rafa.

This has been the main issue the last few years. It's why signings coming in were such an issue under Rafa.

Rafa didn't want to have to pick players from the recruitment teams list, which had a remit set by MA to younger players with high potential.

This. Ashley is showing that he doesn't mind spending money generated, as long as they are appreciating assets. Probably something else going on behind the scenes as well, otherwise I'm sure Rafa said he could work with the model of bringing in younger players broadly, but they would be his choices, not those picked by some club approved scout.

no way are paying this transfer up front

It's how we usually prefer to do all deals isnt it? If we have the Perez money and labeled "50m" in the bank theres no reason we cant.

Plus it means we can cry poverty when it comes to making more signings.

"Look, the kitty's empty!"

I just don't see how this will be an appreciating asset when the team is utter dogshit.

Perez was an appreciating asset, he was dirt cheap and Rafa made him brilliant. Longstaff came from nowhere and Rafa made him brilliant.

I guess it could happen, but it seems an absolutely mad way to try and run your team.