Joelinton

Stifler

I can't believe Doucoure wasn't booked for throwing an elbow at his head.

Honestly, Pawson was another shambolic ref. He basically let them kick us up in the air in the first half then decided to over-correct in the second. He let Richarlison dive about like a fanny and Gordon throw himself about without any punishment. On a night when we needed a ref to be competent they once again were lacking.

Edited by Thiago

The one on Willock was worse in the sense that he dropped to the floor and the ref played on. 

There was nothing clash of heads in the first half and the ref blows his whistle more than the Everton DJ on eckies pre match.

5 hours ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

He looked leggy to me and a bit off the pace. You could see he had been out for a couple weeks, chucked in against a side that was playing on the back of the crowds adrenaline. 

Even so he still looked one of our better players. Even an 85% Joelinton is better than the alternatives.

1 hour ago, krybel said:

Is Joelinton Actually the BEST MIDFIELDER in the world?

Joelinton part starts at 10:46

Holy shit.  I have been following his stats on The Other 14 and WyeAyeScout on Twitter.  But when they are isolated using those FBref stats followed by "he is one of the best midfielders in the world" :lol:  Just burst out laughing and I still have a big smile on my face.  

1 hour ago, jackyboy said:

He didn't look 100% fit to me in the last game. I'm assuming that this illness that they seem to be affected by is COVID and maybe it takes a little while to get over it

I don’t think he was ever listed as ill. It was a groin injury he was struggling with and has been for some time, I think. 

Hopefully this break means a few of them can get over their niggles and illness. 4 games after Spurs gives us a real opportunity to put some decent points on the board and go on another positive run. 

4 hours ago, David Edgar said:

Why have these three become weird?  Didn't used to present like that.  

This isn't their main channel, this is Tifo IRL which is dedicated to their weird antics. The main channel Tifo Football is where their normal stuff is.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Let’s hope that’s his worst Howe performance of the season. Love the lad but he was either missing or ineffectual today in our midfield 

I know I've singled Burn out on his thread, but they were all awful today. At least we know Joelinton is the type to come back from it. 

1 hour ago, Away Toon said:

Joe hasn't looked good for a few games now and surprise surprise he maybe isn't the answer to our midfield problems. Problem is where else can we play him? Maybe CH he's big enough and ours are crap.

He's also been wrestling with injury on and off. I think he'll need something sorting in the summer but we shouldn't write him off. 

On 29/12/2021 at 15:40, HawK said:

Best player on the park for us vs the best sides in the league/world. Agree it'd be great to see this fantastic form continue over the next few games/season though.

I worry however that some of his ability is a result of a 'lack of training', in that he's just doing everything that comes naturally and playing with complete freedom. As he becomes embedded and settles in as a CM, all the new training drills and the like he'll be doing may take away that raw, natural play to his game and it might constrain him a bit. Hopefully my concerns are completely unfounded and he goes on to be as great as we hope he can be based off the last few games.

I really hope I wasn't prophetic and that he comes back as strong as ever in his next few games, he looked anonymous for large parts of the game.

People need to calm down like, he’s been our best consistent performer since Howe came in, putting in 8/10 performances match after match. I thought he was decent enough against Everton, it was

only yesterday his level really dropped