Joelinton

Stifler

Agreed, the only way this doesn’t get sorted is if Jow is desperate to leave which I don’t think is the case. Keeping Bruno without CL football is a different challenge 

Ugh not to defend Ashworth but it’s indeed his job to hold down wages and keep us in line given our FFP constraints. 

most people in his position don’t just run out and give out the numbers agents demand, most contract negotiations for big players are strung out and often take a lot of back and forth to get resolved. 

27 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Ugh not to defend Ashworth but it’s indeed his job to hold down wages and keep us in line given our FFP constraints. 

most people in his position don’t just run out and give out the numbers agents demand, most contract negotiations for big players are strung out and often take a lot of back and forth to get resolved. 

Definitely some truth in that.

35 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

If the NUFC offer drastically changes then it completely undermines Ashworth and the DoF role as players and agents will just start to drag out talks until they talk directly to Staveley. 

24 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

Doubt the owners are too worried about undermining the club gardener. 

Agree on Ashworth himself but that's why I said the role too as you have to consider the next DoF. Take the individuals out of it, the club's offer shouldn't be that different to what was previously offered. Otherwise people will know the DoF doesn't have any real authority. 

39 minutes ago, Pandamninator said:

Until we get dead pigeons piling up around the stadium again.

I'm sure our Dan does a thorough job of bird carcass disposal as he goes about his appointed rounds keeping the property in good order. All part of being the Hub of the Wheel.

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

Really missing this guy in our team, he sets the bar in terms of work ethic.

And physically - he just bounces opposition players. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and Jo being out definitely makes me appreciate his value to the team and system of play.

2 hours ago, Nucasol said:

And physically - he just bounces opposition players. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and Jo being out definitely makes me appreciate his value to the team and system of play.

We are really missing those attributes, and he's a better footballer than people give him credit for, but it does show up the mediocre standard of the rest of our midfielders. Longstaff and Miley are hardly waifs, both are six foot plus, but both lack athleticism and physicality. Miley makes up for it with other qualities, and he's just learning the game, but we need proper midfielders who can cope with the top teams.

5 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Agreed. Brighton's wage budget is like 13th or 14th highest in the league. Excellently managed. I'm not against his approach.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

We are really missing those attributes, and he's a better footballer than people give him credit for, but it does show up the mediocre standard of the rest of our midfielders. Longstaff and Miley are hardly waifs, both are six foot plus, but both lack athleticism and physicality. Miley makes up for it with other qualities, and he's just learning the game, but we need proper midfielders who can cope with the top teams.

Like Almiron - he often sets the tone for the team. Aggressive, first to the tackle etc. Both of them force the team up the pitch when out of possession.

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

IMG_0771.png.fd69ecefe5490d0c76a46567a3cea8dc.png
get this beast over the line. Needs to be smashing shit up all over the park for a few more seasons yet! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

Whilst I will be delighted if he stays, does having to have the owners come in to sort out Bruno and now Joelinton’s contract maybe show some issues with Ashworth ?

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Whilst I will be delighted if he stays, does having to have the owners come in to sort out Bruno and now Joelinton’s contract maybe show some issues with Ashworth ?

Yes he’s a mercenary cunt! 

Where’s he got that £180k a week from? I didn’t even think Bruno’s new deal was rumoured to be that much. 

Didn’t realise he might be back playing this season. That would be a boost if he was available for the last few games and we had something to play for. 

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Where’s he got that £180k a week from? I didn’t even think Bruno’s new deal was rumoured to be that much. 

Didn’t realise he might be back playing this season. That would be a boost if he was available for the last few games and we had something to play for. 

That would make him the top earner above Bruno so that's not going to happen. I think he'll be offered the 2nd best tier of £120k a week to put him alongside the likes of Isak, Tonali and Trippier. If he does not accept that he can fk off and we'll get back more or less what we paid for him.