Joelinton

Stifler

Imagine if employment contracts were like this. Just casually telling your employer how much you should earn and them having to stump it up or sell you/release you on a free to a rival firm.

Transfer Deadline Day at the end of the financial year, with Jasmine eyeing up a switch from Aldi to Lidl.

7 hours ago, Big Jow said:

Imagine if employment contracts were like this. Just casually telling your employer how much you should earn and them having to stump it up or sell you/release you on a free to a rival firm.

Transfer Deadline Day at the end of the financial year, with Jasmine eyeing up a switch from Aldi to Lidl.

Well some jobs/roles are a bit like that. Though obviously not with as many zeros. 

8 hours ago, Big Jow said:

Not been on Linkedin then?

22 minutes ago, Menace said:

Not been on Linkedin then?

I was gonna say. I’ve heard indirectly from managers where I’ve worked that they’ll only offer pay rises if staff hand their notices in and then they will counter offer. 

From speaking to recruiters and also mates that work in that kind of field. They reckon more than half their candidates will get an offer, say it’s not about the money. Then stay when they get countered. 

It’s a bit shit that so many businesses operate this way and also employees, as well. But seems to be pretty common place. 

Apparently it's been agreed, will be announced today or tomorrow. 

Makes me think was Ashworth delaying it on purpose so manure could get him on the cheap or free the year after. 

Why do people assume this has anything to do with Ashworth not doing his job? :lol: I'd be more concerned if we just gave out contracts for the exact amount of money any agent asked for without challenging it.

Joelintons stock is at an all time high, his contract is running out, our general injury problems this season has highlighted how important he is for us and FFP makes it very difficult to replace him - he sits with most of the bargaining tools, its only natural that the club eventually would have to move more towards his demands than their own valuation of Joelinton in order to retain him.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Apparently it's been agreed, will be announced today or tomorrow. 

Makes me think was Ashworth delaying it on purpose so manure could get him on the cheap or free the year after. 

Just the minor flaw in this theory that Joelinton is hardly going to be begging to sign for the same person who jerked him around at Newcastle.

Edited by Pandamninator

15 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Whilst I will be delighted if he stays, does having to have the owners come in to sort out Bruno and now Joelinton’s contract maybe show some issues with Ashworth ?

Nah, it was his job to control the wage bill, if we threw big money at everyone who asks then say hello to selling before buying. 

31 minutes ago, FCB said:

Rumour says 120k p/w until 2028

Reasonable compromise from both sides if true, if the reports on where the club and Joelinton started off were correct.

Rumours (as in someone on twitter) were that Ashworth was being a tough negotiator with Joelinton's agent and that his departure was likely to speed up the contract situation.

I'm not against Ashworth on that. We have to be careful. We can't pay CL wages until we are consistently a CL team.

On the other hand, Ashworth leaving might have given us a tidy excuse to make a small concession on his demands. 

For me, Joelinton is crucial to next seasons success.

If the manager considers him crucial to the overall plan, and you back the manager, and there is a way to compromise on the wages, then it's a fucking no brainer.  Looks like that's exactly what happened.

There was no guarnatee we'd be able to sell him for the 40m we paid for him, or getting a replacement that suits the style of play. It's a lose-lose.

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

If the manager considers him crucial to the overall plan, and you back the manager, and there is a way to compromise on the wages, then it's a fucking no brainer.  Looks like that's exactly what happened.

There was no guarnatee we'd be able to sell him for the 40m we paid for him, or getting a replacement that suits the style of play. It's a lose-lose.

In this instance, I think we would be pretty nailed on to get £40m+ for him

5 hours ago, Pandamninator said:

Just the minor flaw in this theory that Joelinton is hardly going to be begging to sign for the same person who jerked him around at Newcastle.

Unless he got an extra 60k/week from Man U as they have the financial resources to pay higher wages thanks to the cartel infrastructure. :evil5: