Joelinton

Stifler

Guest HTT II

He played forward balls much quicker too, as did the whole team. If he adds goals he could be the complete package, but he can’t shoot to save his life sadly. Loved how aggressive he was in terms of protecting his team-mates whenever they put a foul in on one our players or whenever he thought the ref got something wrong. Trippier and Burn do it a lot too as does Wilson. We have real leaders on the pitch now!

He's pretty unique due to his position change, midfield destroyers don't usually have the ability to dribble and make long carries like Joe does but because of his background as a forward it's natural for him. If only he could shoot. :lol:

His off the ball work is great but I was actually impressed yesterday that he is starting to appreciate what a physical beast he is and was basically backing into players and then using his body to roll them and create a break away. 

Did it a few times and made me think, there are very few midfielders he will come up against that will be able to stop that. Bodes well, also great work on the overlap assist for the goal, he's done that before. 

As others have said just needs to be practising shooting every day in training because it really is the weakest part o this game.

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Mousa. Moussa is a striker for Lyon.

Aye you're right

I feel with Mousa Dembele he's got a similar transition as Joelinton. He started with AZ and Fulham as a striker/shadow striker and then eventually moved back to being a really technical and strong centre mid

9 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Mousa. Moussa is a striker for Lyon.

Also just read this so I'm going to pretend I was being really hipster with his spelling ;)

Dembélé uses the spelling "Mousa" for his first name (e.g. on his Twitter account[10]), and so do his club,[11] national team[12] and most news articles about him. However, in a 2016 interview, he said that the proper spelling ought to be "Moussa".[13] In a 2018 interview he further clearified that his first name was accidentally misspelled "Mousa" when he had to renew his passport one time and then just decided to keep on using it that way

4 hours ago, Holloway said:

He gets mentioned by opposing fans so much more often now, he's becoming so commanding now. Watching that surging run into the box yesterday, I do wonder if he practises his shooting enough, he had the time to comfortably bury that and he snatched at it

He's on the motd intro. He's made it into the public consciousness now. 

11 minutes ago, La Parka said:

He's on the motd intro. He's made it into the public consciousness now. 

Hadn't noticed that, but I meet a lot of other clubs fans at various work sites and his is one of the first names mentioned now, alongside his brother of course!

4 hours ago, Klaus said:

I try to think of a player with a similar style, but I'm struggling :lol:

Mousa Dembele and Yaya Toure both played like that. Almost like they were playing with a size 4 ball at times.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, James said:

Was thinking who Joelinton as a midfielder most resembled in terms of our history, think I’ve actually figured it, it is Kieron Dyer but with much stronger physique.

Eh, there is zero comparisons man, he’s more like a young Andy Cole [emoji38]

Edited by HTT II

4 minutes ago, James said:

Was thinking who Joelinton as a midfielder most resembled in terms of our history, think I’ve actually figured it, it is Kieron Dyer but with much stronger physique.

:ben:

25 minutes ago, James said:

Nah, he's a Brazilian Steve Harper. 

50 minutes ago, James said:

Can't really think of a direct comparison....maybe Hamann would be closest from how I remember him