Joelinton

Stifler

7 hours ago, Mountain said:

My mate who's a city supporter cited Jolelinton as their biggest issue today.

He was constantly harrassing them and he said he was the biggest issue for them and the biggest disruption to their usual play.

I know Bruno is our classiest player but god Joe puts in a shift.

There was one moment he had 3 consecutive bad touches, each one worse than the last. I was sure he'd lost out then he pings this 90 degree ball through the centre. He's a wizard of some sort.

1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

Best player in the league at doing what he does?

The most similar player to him is probably his fellow Brazilian Fabhino, although you could argue maybe Joelinton is more aggressive in pressing and tackling, Fabhino is much much better on the ball so perhaps it's even overall.

I thought both he and Bruno were superb off the ball.  Considering they saw less of it than usual and must have been absolutely knackered from working so hard out of possession.  When they had the ball, they used it pretty well and never seemed particularly flustered or panicked.  Despite being up against a squad which consists of world class players across the board.   

He is certainly going to get bans for the 5 and maybe even 10 yellows suspension limit, plus maybe a red now and again.  But I can't help but love him for being an absolutely mad bastad and charging around like he's possessed.  The wrath of Joe. 

What a fucking man. 

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

The most similar player to him is probably his fellow Brazilian Fabhino, although you could argue maybe Joelinton is more aggressive in pressing and tackling, Fabhino is much much better on the ball so perhaps it's even overall.

High regard that mind.

2 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

I thought both he and Bruno were superb off the ball.  Considering they saw less of it than usual and must have been absolutely knackered from working so hard out of possession.  When they had the ball, they used it pretty well and never seemed particularly flustered or panicked.  Despite being up against a squad which consists of world class players across the board.   

He is certainly going to get bans for the 5 and maybe even 10 yellows suspension limit, plus maybe a red now and again.  But I can't help but love him for being an absolutely mad bastad and charging around like he's possessed.  The wrath of Joe. 

What a fucking man. 

I think his aggression is similar to what Mitro had, only Mitro had a reputation so refs were often looking for a reason.  He doesn't have that reputation and hopefully can keep it that way.

9 minutes ago, sugoinufc said:

any chance for him to go to the WC with Brazil?

I assume that the last round of friendlies before the WC would indicate if he gets a chance. Injuries could always open the door. Very competitive in the middle of the park for Brazil.

I would absolutely dread playing against him. He's everywhere!

I just don't think you can get a passing rhythm going when any second he is about to burst in and make a tackle.

Not sure I follow the argument about him not being comfortable on the ball - he's there to break up play and pretty much immediately lay it off.

One of my highlights yesterday was the way he burst out of midfield and forced a panicked Walker to concede a corner. 

He is such a unique talent, I think he's invented a whole new position, as I couldn't really describe it.

Imperative that we sign another CM who's top quality on the ball. If we have another player in there who can match Bruno in terms of quality on the ball then Joe's limitations in that regard won't matter much at all.

I go back and forth on whether I want Bruno to be the holding midfielder or put back where he was last season when Shelvey was in the team. With how much Joe gives us defensively I think we can get away with a Maddison/Paqueta type and not be in much danger of getting overrun, so at present I lean that way.

But yeah, quite incredible the player Joelinton has turned into.

5 minutes ago, Shak said:

Imperative that we sign another CM who's top quality on the ball. If we have another player in there who can match Bruno in terms of quality on the ball then Joe's limitations in that regard won't matter much at all.

I go back and forth on whether I want Bruno to be the holding midfielder or put back where he was last season when Shelvey was in the team. With how much Joe gives us defensively I think we can get away with a Maddison/Paqueta type and not be in much danger of getting overrun, so at present I lean that way.

But yeah, quite incredible the player Joelinton has turned into.

I firmly believe we'll get the most out of Bruno as a DM, but in a high press. Trouble is he's so determined to win he gets drawn further forward, which is fantastic but could always lead to problems. Somebody he can rely on in that area would be the best addition we could make right now.

I think the ideal balance would be a very technical passer alongside Bruno and Joelinton who would sit deeper. Shelvey did very well in this role but i still fear his normal decline in effort will set in when he's back from injury, and he is also very ambitious with his passing which can be good. Bruno I am happy sitting deeper and more defensive as a necessity but if he is freed to rampage forward more the better. I also think we have learnt how to play with high intensity very well, the next is we need to get better at slowing games down and just passing it around when we have a comfortable lead. Our players at the moment are more suited for full steam a head, a patient player behind would give us that plan b

19 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

I firmly believe we'll get the most out of Bruno as a DM, but in a high press. Trouble is he's so determined to win he gets drawn further forward, which is fantastic but could always lead to problems. Somebody he can rely on in that area would be the best addition we could make right now.

I agree Bruno will be best for us in the single pivot role. 

Howe had some weird but wonderful tactical stuff going on against City with Bruno though. He was the pivot, but he was also seemingly assigned as the player to press and mark Rodri! Was weird to watch. We frequently left our back 4 up against 5 City attackers. Was always going to be a mad scoreline with us playing like that.

2 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

He just needs Bruno or another midfield orchestrator to play off.  He's a proper destroyer and can't be expected to dictate the play.

That’s not enough really. To only have a player who can tackle. 
He’s very capable of carrying the ball forward and he can play the ball forward to a decent level as well.

Unfortunately he didn’t do those 2 much at all today.

You can’t only put in a performance when a certain other player is on the pitch. 

Guest HTT II

Off the ball he again does everything you want and need, but on the ball, that lack of creativity, precise sharp passing, quick movement and making moves for pass and goes is evident. Still he did his job off the ball today and especially defensively, won so many headers.

He was his usual self, very tidy mopping up and scaring the shit out of the opposing team. He got caught quite easily when driving towards their box because they were very well drilled at closing down and cutting out spaces in the middle near their box. I like when he goes on darting runs as his ability to run with the ball and his feet are surprisingly decent, it’ll pay off against poorer sides

He’s still learning the role.  His short range passing and moving often leaves a lot to be desired. But at times he’ll drive forward welll and play a good progressive pass. 

Because he’s still new to the position I hope that side of his game can really improve.  

Physically he’s too much for a lot of midfielders. He even did a good job of dominating Wolves class players through being too much for them.