Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

32 minutes ago, James said:

Can’t believe I’m saying this but if we had to choose to remove one of ASM, Fraser, Almiron and Murphy from the squad for next season then I’d choose to remove ASM

Fucking hell. :lol:

33 minutes ago, James said:

Can’t believe I’m saying this but if we had to choose to remove one of ASM, Fraser, Almiron and Murphy from the squad for next season then I’d choose to remove ASM

GTFO

33 minutes ago, James said:

I understand the sentiment but even worse than ASM today was Almiron. He didn’t even look like producing an assist or anything remotely useful whereas ASM at least came close when he fed Wood.

Regards that Wood chance (which wouldn’t have counted anyway of course), I’m not sure I’ve seen a less natural, less convincing and more pitiful effort than that from a striker since Riviere. 

When he used to pick the ball up in the opposition half it felt as if something exciting was going to happen but at the moment it really does feel the opposite

Hoping a rest and a full pre-season will help us getting back firing

I keep expecting him to pull something out the bag, to turn a game on its head or rip a team to pieces but he continues to disappoint. I love the guy but we don't have time for passengers, he needs to step up, sort out whatever it is that's got him playing with his head down and shake himself out of it. We won't be replacing him this summer as there's much more pressing positions to invest in. 

31 minutes ago, Outre said:

I understand the sentiment but even worse than ASM today was Almiron. He didn’t even look like producing an assist or anything remotely useful whereas ASM at least came close when he fed Wood. 

nah 

Poor today, his passing of the ball and crossing is unbelievably poor. He’s become very easy to defend against. Defend on his inside and double up and he’s likely to be caught in possession or deliver a wayward pass. 

He needs work in the training or long term he’s out of here. 

2 hours ago, James said:

Totally agree. I can't believe you're saying it either. 

He's easy to defend against because there's little else teams has to defend against when playing us. He's more than deserved to stay on as a first team member next season. Hopefully we'll have more things teams has to worry about so they can't double/tripe/quadruple up against him.

FAO all those advocating selling Saint- Maximin...howay man.

He is frustrating as fuck, I'll say that, but the man is a game changer on his day. He'll still need a bit more time to adapt to Howe's ethos but I have confidence he'll get there in time (and once he does, my god, what a player we'll see).

I’m looking forward to seeing him with a top striker and another wide player with real quality on the other side. It’s easy to nullify him at the minute because we’ve got nowt else up front. Stick with the lad he’ll come good again and it would be a huge risk letting him go at this point.

Edited by Whitley mag

Hes definately limited by the teammates alongside him - hopefully wilson coming back and being a bit more mobile than Wood will help his form.

Obviously in the summer he'll have someone like Paqueta to feed off and even better forwards up with him.

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

He's easy to defend against because there's little else teams has to defend against when playing us. He's more than deserved to stay on as a first team member next season. Hopefully we'll have more things teams has to worry about so they can't double/tripe/quadruple up against him.

Ture. He has saved us so many times and has done enough to have the right for a bad spell. But he needs to up his game with and without ball. Unfair to compare, but look at Mane and Diaz. They are everywhere. They are the elite, and if Maximin is going to be a fracture of that calibre then he needs to work alot with his game. Or else he will just end up like a Iwobi. 

Long term I don’t think he’s got a future if he continues like this. If we are to become the team we all want he’s not the man. He’s a wonderful talent but as a unit, where we will be upgrading all areas he’ll simply not be needed or indeed be able to fit into the team.

He has to adapt or we outgrow him. The alternative is that we are not going to be good enough. 

Seeing as it’s not happening for him in an attacking sense currently it would be nice to see him put more effort in off the ball. If he wants to be a top top player he will need to contribute more defensively anyway. 

52 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I’m looking forward to seeing him with a top striker and another wide player with real quality on the other side. It’s easy to nullify him at the minute because we’ve got nowt else up front. Stick with the lad he’ll come good again and it would be a huge risk letting him go at this point.

The thing is... it's not really a risk any more... We have the capacity to buy the left wing's answer to Guimaraes now, and I don't really doubt that we would soon enough.