Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

7 minutes ago, TRC said:

People in this thread are just straight up drunk. Look at the man on the opposite side...

I am pretty lit however he does flatter to deceive. Undoubtedly the best of the front 3 but it's not saying much.

2 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

I am pretty lit however he does flatter to deceive. Undoubtedly the best of the front 3 but it's not saying much.

Imagine if he had Trippier backing him up instead of Burn

He’d be far more effective with a proper left back on his side but I thought he did really well in the main. Ok he gave away some sloppy passes but he was the only one other than Bruno who looked like creating anything as we were going to get nowt from Miggy or Wilson.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Still looks like he is stuck between trying to be a team/system/Howe player and his usual maverick self. It’s resulting in indecision and shit passes when he should be more greedy. 

Either that, or his passing is just generally terrible :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Still looks like he is stuck between trying to be a team/system/Howe player and his usual maverick self. It’s resulting in indecision and shit passes when he should be more greedy. 

Either that, or his passing is just generally terrible :lol: 

Im indifferent on ASM, I’m not a huge fan but I’m also not someone who rails against him but I agree his hit and miss performances/end product is an issue. He is one of the few players who can create focus though. Ultimately I think we’ll invest heavily in the final 3rd in the summer and he’ll become part of the squad and far from guaranteed starter. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he moves on in the summer though.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

I went on a few threads after the game last night and said we are not having shots at goal as we had previously and this guy is one of them. Many chances to pull the trigger, instead he either further dribbles it or passes it. He has the ability. Look at his goals against Watford last season and againts Wolves earlier this season. Don't know why he is not doing it anymore.

I do find the ridiculous standards he is held to a bit odd. Certain fans, including two I was with at the game yesterday. Seem to expect him to skin players, get a shot or cross away or generally make something happen. Every time he gets it.

We have a team loaded with players that try hard and plenty of them are quality. But no real match winners or creative types that will create something out of nothing. Yet ASM cops all/most the flak?!

You’re never going to get that level of consistency from a flair, low percentage player. If you did, they would not be playing for us. It reminds me of how some were with Ben Arfa. In particular, the cunt in charge at the time. 

I love the bloke. I want him to stay and fight for his place and improve as a player and in what he brings to the team. I’m just not sure he fits long term or if he would be happy to play second fiddle and have spells out the team. 

At the very least. Between now and the end of the season. I think he will be a massive player for us. We are struggling to score and create since the turn of the year and we will need ASM to help with that. 

Would love to see him given a run on the right with Trippier behind him, but not sure it’ll ever happen. Simplify his game further, get him on the ball and beating players then being on his strong foot to deliver.

Decent first half, dreadful second half.

Good runs but then gave the ball away every single attack in the second half.

No end product from him at all, he can never ever make the right pass.

Edited by Aiston

27 minutes ago, Rich said:

Would love to see him given a run on the right with Trippier behind him, but not sure it’ll ever happen. Simplify his game further, get him on the ball and beating players then being on his strong foot to deliver.

Even the other way around as well, with Trippier at left back.

Agree with the point about the ASM / Burn - both end up isolated

They doubled up on ASM when he was on the ball and his only pass out was to come inside often giving it to Bruno. A left back with crossing ability behind him would change that dynamic 

Similarly if you play Burn you have to have a left winger who will come right back to cover and take the short ball off him

I honestly think it was more credit to Man U rather than him being poor in the second. AWB is a beast and there was so many bodies around him. 

Not having a proper left back really hampers him too. 

I think we’d be mad not to persist with him. 

There is a sense of excitement (for me anyway) when he picks the ball up and runs at defence but second half yesterday Wan Basaka (sic) had him in his pocket so much so that ASM seemed to panic a little or maybe got desperate... As much as I love Burn and good be a little knee jerk after yesterday he needs to become Botman's backup and Targett come back in when to fit with a potential upgrade in the summer and hopefully that gets ASM to where he was between now and May because by God we need more goal threat at the minute....

Could have played till now and not looked like scoring yesterday

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

I honestly think it was more credit to Man U rather than him being poor in the second. AWB is a beast and there was so many bodies around him. 

Not having a proper left back really hampers him too. 

I think we’d be mad not to persist with him. 

What I was trying to say! :lol: