Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

50 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Howe praising him post-match, saying he thought he was still effective but a small hamstring injury hindering him.

So treatment in France and out for 2 months then?

1 minute ago, Izakaya said:

He's gone imo. Anderson made a cunt of him within ten minutes, hamstring injury or not. 

Can see Wolves taking him, or back to France. 

walk away from your keyboard. 

I do think he'll be off and I think it's best for all parties.

I do think he's trying to change his game a bit and do what Howe wants from him but it's just doesn't suit him and it also neuters what he does best.

That said, with Miggy out for the next six weeks he's still going to have a big role to play the rest of this season, whether he fits or not.

Hopefully he can contribute some positive things in the run in and get a move to a good team but he's good enough to play for one, we're just not a good fit.

He's a player shot of confidence who has hit the wall at this club. It's best for both parties we move on before fans start moaning every time he touches the ball.

Edited by Menace

3 hours ago, Mikky said:

Graham Jones was furious before HT - had to be at ASM

I would assume it was the officiating. That scissors tackle on Schar after five minutes was ridiculous and set the tone for all that came in the first half.

I've been one of his doubters for a while, and that performance did nothing to change my mind. He'll be good to have around as an impact sub if we're in trouble, but that's it.

Unless we give him a free role, with no defensive expectations, I don't think he's worth a starting place. We're a hard-working, passing team and he needs to link better with his team mates and move the ball on more quickly. He's very much an individual whose instinct is to try and make things happen on his own. 

He’s one of the very few who are likely to go who’d also command a decent fee (I would’ve thought c.£20-25m would be ok for him - maybe even higher).  He looks like a square peg in a round hole but I’ll give the lad full credit - these last few games you can see that he’s trying to play a game different from his natural one; but it’s better for both parties that we sign someone more suited to that style of play and let him go somewhere else (hopefully abroad, but I can picture a Palace or maybe newly-promoted Burnley hoping the wedge over for him)

10 hours ago, Jaqen said:

A reminder for people wanting to bin him off, we currently have Matt Ritchie coming on as a sub. We will need even more depth if we have European football next season. 

And we'll have Gordon and Anderson and the Joe/Joe dovetail and possibly more coming in in the summer.

Against Wolves Maxi did very well and he was half decent against Forest to be fair.
Maxi is one of those players that can look outstanding in a team that allow him to be the main man.

Unfortunately for Maxi the training and match reliance is on entire team effort all game with all players to be relevant all game and not go missing for some part of it.

I don't want to knock Maxi because he's clearly one hell of a player when his mind is right and his fitness is in check.

Against Wolves Maxi showed what a team player he can be so there's work in motion for him.

It'll come down to where we finish this season as to how much Maxi wants to continue to fit this set up.

If we gain Europa or even (dare I say it) champions league then where could Maxi go to better it?

The answer is very few teams on that level who would be willing to take him and his price tag plus wages.

I'd like to see him carry on with us for at least another season, obviously with mind right and his ability integrated more into Eddie's set up.

Having said all this, if he does go, whether he's surplus or wants out then I'd be sad to see him go but also buoyed by the fact we will be replacing with players that are as good or better in his position.

9 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

If a new LB is brought in, or Targett gets a run in the team we’ll see a different player. The lack of an overlap rally hinders him

Will we? We said the same when Howe came in. Howe will transform him like he did with Joelinton and Almiron. But its still the same. Always a knock or an injury, one step forward two step back. He has his usual 10/10 game then you wont see him for another ten games. He just doesnt click, there is just no consistency.

4 hours ago, Cronky said:

I've been one of his doubters for a while, and that performance did nothing to change my mind. He'll be good to have around as an impact sub if we're in trouble, but that's it.

Unless we give him a free role, with no defensive expectations, I don't think he's worth a starting place. We're a hard-working, passing team and he needs to link better with his team mates and move the ball on more quickly. He's very much an individual whose instinct is to try and make things happen on his own. 

I think we should probably give him the benefit of the doubt that he was actually struggling with his hamstring like Howe suggested. And he was rightly taken off. Don't think that's a problem with his performance if he's injured... 

He can't help his hamstrings!