Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Tell you what, I'm really looking forward to the season starting, transfer sagas and people's over the top reactionary opinions of them one way or another is the fucking worst :lol:

Hope part of the equation is that his contract is running down and maybe he has indicated he won't sign another one. Sell now while having a willing buyer which in turn also helps recruitment and the fake bullshit balance ffp sheet. 

Loads want gone before him but no one wants them they want to loan etc so it's an impossible task doing it all while not rule breaking. Based on how the prem treated our take over you would imagine if they were to go hard on someone for any infractions it would be us.

20 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

No that was Burns car, hence why he was driving Dummetts car.

I'd heard Burns car had issues because no-one could make their mind up whether he was better suited to driving in the left hand lane, or the middle one.

Look, at the end of the day, we’ve just had our best season in 25 years, and Maxi contributed hardly anything to it. As much as I love him when he’s on his day, to sell him for around £25-£30m and bring in Barnes is a no-brainer really… a player who is far more productive and likely fit more often (albeit less exciting)… and it may also free up FFP slightly to allow us to get another position covered in the process too.

20 minutes ago, 54 said:

Baldwards suggesting he's wanted to leave for a while:

While I don’t believe a word Edwards says I have thought for a while that ASM was probably a lot happier under Bruce than Howe.

1 hour ago, christ said:

There are people who have explained in detail in this thread how it improves our FFP

position though.

Link?

Any sale improves your FFP obviously, but you don't like for like replace a player (especially one not on really high wages) for the purposes of improving your finances.

Part of the reason he's being sold is because he wouldn't get in the starting XI of any of our rivals so why should he get in ours, take the ASM specs off and he's really not that good. He was the bright light in some dark years but we've moved on. We're looking at top level players now and honestly he just doesn't cut it, yes he has a couple of very good moments per season but then there's the injuries, the lack of production, he doesn't fit with our style and the fact that selling him enables us to grow even further. It's just a bit of a no brainer that he has to be the first of the sales that we will probably have to make every other year until we're up and running properly both on the field and off the field. It's looking likely that Man City will be selling Mahrez who's infinitely more production and would walk into our team, sometime these sales just need to be done.

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Link?

Any sale improves your FFP obviously, but you don't like for like replace a player (especially one not on really high wages) for the purposes of improving your finances.

Don’t know how true it is but this is the link

Hi! ASM is Newcastle most creative player. He can make mistakes but is a nightmare for defenders. Barnes is a good player but lacks the skills and creativity of ASM. And is similar to Gordon. A total nonsense sell ASM and buy Barnes. Newcastle will be weaker. The strategy must be buy youngs talents abroad (Bruno, Isak ecc.), not waste the money in overrated and expensive British players (Wood, Gordon ecc.). 

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

While I don’t believe a word Edwards says I have thought for a while that ASM was probably a lot happier under Bruce than Howe.

Which, if true, would say a lot about him. Maybe perhaps it's because he was (possibly along with Wilson) the main man under Bruce. Nowt else was happening anywhere on the pitch and he was given licence to get on the ball and attack. Now it's an organised team game under Howe, with absolutely no passengers, and he's not the star man anymore.

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

This is 100%, unequivocally, garbage. Get the fuck out of here with this kind of bullshit. 

Eh.

The comment from someone else was; if a player is considerably motivated by money then it'd be hard to turn down the offer of a massive wage hike in Saudi even if it meant compromising their career at 26.

Maxi is a flamboyant show off on the pitch, which is why people love him. I see him regularly off the pitch and he appears to be a flamboyant show off in his personal life too.

This is not a criticism, there are loads of young millionaire footballers like him and fair play to them. I'd love to be in a financial position where I could buy a £250,000 head turning 2 seater Lambo to commute from Jesmond to Benton.

Edited by bobbydazzla

Just now, jigen said:

Hi! ASM is Newcastle most creative player. He can make mistakes but is a nightmare for defenders. Barnes is a good player but lacks the skills and creativity of ASM. And is similar to Gordon. A total nonsense sell ASM and buy Barnes. Newcastle will be weaker. The strategy must be buy youngs talents abroad (Bruno, Isak ecc.), not waste the money in overrated and expensive British players (Wood, Gordon ecc.). 

Welcome to the forum, Maxi

Just now, jigen said:

Wood is from New Zealand. Gordon just won the player of the under 21 Euros