Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

3 hours ago, hakka said:

So if a player has one season out of many where they drop as low as 12 starts, you have to assume that is going to keep happening and ignore seasons before where he started more? It's pure selective nonsense.

Its the same on your end. Season before that he only started 17. and Only 23 his first season. Which one is the outlier?

The way some posters talk about ASM is as if we are selling Shearer. I have nothing against ASM, and he is fine. But it is the ASM fan boys that actually make me want to sell him - maybe they will follow him to his new team. 

I am convinced if you put together a Venn diagram of ASM fans, Gordon haters, Miggy downers, and Barnes doubters. You'd end up with a perfect circle. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

If that's the final package, it seems pretty obvious he isn't being sold for FFP reasons.

I’m sure the “final” package might not be fully disclosed atm (played down possibly) FFP is a good reason to placate the Maxi lovers that don’t want him to go (I loved him but meh about this) Wish him well, let him wipe his tears in dollars [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, NobbySolano said:

Its the same on your end. Season before that he only started 17. and Only 23 his first season. Which one is the outlier?

The way some posters talk about ASM is as if we are selling Shearer. I have nothing against ASM, and he is fine. But it is the ASM fan boys that actually make me want to sell him - maybe they will follow him to his new team. 

I am convinced if you put together a Venn diagram of ASM fans, Gordon haters, Miggy downers, and Barnes doubters. You'd end up with a perfect circle. 

I like Miggy though

3 minutes ago, jigen said:

Sell ASM for 25 and buy Barnes for 38 is a joke. Newcastle has weakened the team and also has lost money. Absurd. 

I agree with ASMs price been to low but the rest of your post is not true

4 minutes ago, jigen said:

Sell ASM for 25 and buy Barnes for 38 is a joke. Newcastle has weakened the team and also has lost money. Absurd. 

Bollocks. Do you know how this works?

6 minutes ago, jigen said:

Finally someone brave enough to say it

Preach GIF

20 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Surprised on a few things here, The fact he's being sold, the fee involved and that he's going to Saudi, You would think a team in Europe would fancy him.

Doesn't Pulisic to Milan for 20m set a similar ceiling on a Maxi fee?

26 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If that's the final package, it seems pretty obvious he isn't being sold for FFP reasons.

This is Howe.. Great coach, but you never must built a team on the market following the coach. Chelsea made the same mistake last summer with Tuchel.

Newcastle had a top market last summer, but then spend 45m for an average player as Gordon and now this nonsense. 

22 minutes ago, jigen said:

Weakened the team by selling someone who made very little difference to our best season in years?

For a luxury fringe player, who’s injury prone, and scored one goal all season, I don’t think we can complain about £30m. Take it, and move on.

Edited by Toon88

4 minutes ago, Teslact said:

Doesn't Pulisic to Milan for 20m set a similar ceiling on a Maxi fee?

Pulisic is another who went cheaply but I think ASM is a better player than him, On his day he is unplayable.

24 minutes ago, jigen said:

Money absolutely isn't an issue for us - all that matters is FFP.  By selling Maxi we have got rid of a player who isnt fancied by the manager and enabled us to sign a few additional players in this window.  I'm not sure if you don't understand this or if you are being deliberately obtuse.

4 minutes ago, jigen said:

This is Howe.. Great coach, but you never must built a team on the market following the coach. Chelsea made the same mistake last summer with Tuchel.

Newcastle had a top market last summer, but then spend 45m for an average player as Gordon and now this nonsense. 

Why is it nonsense? 

1 minute ago, TeddySAFC said:

Pulisic is another who went cheaply but I think ASM is a better player than him, On his day he is unplayable.

Unfortunately that's probably twice a season.