Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Some of the younger ones going across could arguably make a lifetimes worth of money in a couple of seasons and then once the bubble has burst make their way back to a very good standard of European football.

ASM v Barnes debate is so fucking tedious at this point. Yes, ASM is a more talented footballer than Barnes. Barnes is far more suited to the football that we play, and will elevate the entire team.

6 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Not really, but it's seems to be our go-to tactic in those situations. Sure beats bringing on Ritchie and the like.

But we don't bring on Ritchie and the like to do that.

We're more likely to put Isak out wide, and I genuinely have more faith in him to produce something over Maxi. 

13 minutes ago, Deuce said:

ASM v Barnes debate is so fucking tedious at this point. Yes, ASM is a more talented footballer than Barnes. Barnes is far more suited to the football that we play, and will elevate the entire team.

It’s mind numbing. I like the player, but I don’t think I’ve seen a single pro-ASM argument that acknowledges large parts of what they are saying are irrelevant if our manager doesn’t want to play him. 

19 minutes ago, KDT said:

Some of the younger ones going across could arguably make a lifetimes worth of money in a couple of seasons and then once the bubble has burst make their way back to a very good standard of European football.

Could be surprisingly hard to come back from if the standard is quite low and it doesn't require much fitness. Guess it doesn't matter if you make enough money. 

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

It’s mind numbing. I like the player, but I don’t think I’ve seen a single pro-ASM argument that acknowledges large parts of what they are saying are irrelevant if our manager doesn’t want to play him. 

It’s a trade I’m making every time tbh.

Really down about this, tbh. I feel like we never got to see what an ASM Isak Miggy attack would look like.

The ASM in the Man City game could play for any team in the fucking world.

59 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Plus it’s not ASM vs. Barnes, due to FFP shenanigans it’s ASM vs. Barnes + Livramento + maybe 1 other (?). Love Maxi to bits but -through gritted teeth- you have to say the 2nd option is a no-brainer.

1 hour ago, Deuce said:

With Barnes being one of the best in the league at the give and go it's going to be just as fun watching he and Bruno/Sandro/Isak interact as Maxi's crazy take ons.

52 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Could be surprisingly hard to come back from if the standard is quite low and it doesn't require much fitness. Guess it doesn't matter if you make enough money. 

If I remember rightly the Saudi team at the world cup surprised a few with their levels?

23 minutes ago, Mike said:

Really down about this, tbh

I'll chuck some morbid perspective your way. Compare this to when we lost Ben Arfa. Absolutely not bothered by this move in comparrison :lol:

42 minutes ago, Mike said:

Really down about this, tbh. I feel like we never got to see what an ASM Isak Miggy attack would look like.

The ASM in the Man City game could play for any team in the fucking world.

Unfortunately that game was about as often as ASM getting destroyed by lamptey and being subbed before half time.

1 hour ago, Deuce said:

What's ya point :ructions:

14 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Personally I still think we need at least 20 more pages of debate about ASM vs Barnes. We haven't solved it yet but I bet we all agree by page 430.

420 is a way better number 

Just realised Al-Ahli is the same team Mahrez,  Firmino and Mendy now play for (I’m behind with transfers to Saudi).

I wish ASM luck anyway, he entertained us and was a light in the darkness of our last regime. His departure seemed inevitable really. I would hope we get 30+ million quid for him.