Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

55 minutes ago, Mike said:

Really down about this, tbh. I feel like we never got to see what an ASM Isak Miggy attack would look like.

The ASM in the Man City game could play for any team in the fucking world.

And the one that showed up more frequently doesn't interest any of the clubs around us. 

1 minute ago, mouldy_uk said:

Know zero about Al-Ahli, who are they equivalent to in the prem (if a simple comparison is possible)?

Not gonna lie I feel all Saudi teams are basically the same soulless entities.

8 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Know zero about Al-Ahli, who are they equivalent to in the prem (if a simple comparison is possible)?

Don’t know who to compare them to but they’re enthusiastic:

18 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Not gonna lie I feel all Saudi teams are basically the same soulless entities.

Quite a lot of them are a lot older than you think, Al Alhai was formed in 1937, Al Ittihad 1929. There’s been a league there since about 1950 it’s just been that there’s been little interest in it outside country.

1 hour ago, SiLvOR said:

I'll chuck some morbid perspective your way. Compare this to when we lost Ben Arfa. Absolutely not bothered by this move in comparrison :lol:

Oh my god nah, Football died the day Benny was in the van on the way to Hull and Bruce.

But ASM was cut from a similar cloth of lesser quality and his leaving the team robs it of excitement. I know he wasn't the most efficient player, or even the healthiest, but he's the type of player I watch football for.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Oh my god nah, Football died the day Benny was in the van on the way to Hull and Bruce.

But ASM was cut from a similar cloth of lesser quality and his leaving the team robs it of excitement. I know he wasn't the most efficient player, or even the healthiest, but he's the type of player I watch football for.

I can’t get enough of watching our team now. That excites me more than in a long time. New recruits are just gonna raise that. Even my lady who doesn’t like football [emoji38] watches the games with me now, and while I’m at work she’s watching at home. Cannot wait for the coming season. Well excited!   Onwards and upwards HTL :indi:

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

I can’t get enough of watching our team now. That excites me more than in a long time.

Maybe it's residual Pardew trauma? All we ever had were mavericks. All we could ever hope for was a bit of magic. Maybe I'm set in my ways because that's the only NUFC I've ever known.

Just now, Mike said:

Maybe it's residual Pardew trauma? All we ever had were mavericks. All we could ever hope for was a bit of magic. Maybe I'm set in my ways because that's the only NUFC I've ever known.

The Keegan era was magical man. Ginola, Beardsley, Lee, Tino, Shearer, Ferdinand. I wish I knew how good we had it back then.

Just now, Mike said:

We have a well oiled machine that’s getting tuned up now. Enjoy. Shits only getting better :indi:

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

The Keegan era was magical man. Ginola, Beardsley, Lee, Tino, Shearer, Ferdinand. I wish I knew how good we had it back then.

We all thought the good times would last forever and that the club would be competing at the top table for years to come. Little did we know what was around the corner. 

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

PIF should be trying to funnel as much £££ into our club.  Fee should at least be on par with Nevez. £30 mil sounds low.

Edited by duo

1 hour ago, mouldy_uk said:

Probably Man Utd. One of the most supported and successful clubs in the League - historically- but have had a rough time of it lately, getting relegated in the 21-22 season. Pretty sure they’ve won promotion to top league for the next season though. Fierce rivals to my team Al-Ittihad.

Edited by McCormick

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Would loved to have seen him challenging for a Serie A title and playing in the CL, if the Napoli interest was indeed solid. Feel a little disappointed Im never going to see him play again. 

He’s only 26, could defo see him back in Europe in the future. 

3 hours ago, TBG said:

But we don't bring on Ritchie and the like to do that.

We're more likely to put Isak out wide, and I genuinely have more faith in him to produce something over Maxi. 

That’s fair. I’m not even against the transfer, I’m just trying to give maxi his props as he exits.