Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

While I’m not saying that this was the case, does anyone really picture Howe coming out at slagging any player off who leaves?

Lying about dressing room liking him would be absolute freak and weirdo behaviour though.

On 18/07/2023 at 17:08, HawK said:

Thank you Maxi, you got me through a dark season or two as the only bit of light in supporting this football club.

Hi Eddie, keep up the good work fella.

7 hours ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

I've maybe missed it, why was the fee so low? 

A bizarre conversation on the Totally football podcast about this. On the one hand the implication was we have acted dodgy in securing enough to allow us to buy Barnes without a dent on FFP, on the other they seemed faux confused about why we have sold a 26 year old for such a low fee to another PIF owned club. Obviously their Spurs reporter was on hand to say ‘lots’ of PL clubs have ‘questions’. But I can’t work out what the questions would be related to, the first confident assertion, or the second equally confident (and entirely contradictory) assertion. In conclusion, I must stop listening to the Totally Football podcast.

I’m sure there is a loophole in the PL tests that we will expose.

e.g. a 40% sell on fee which gets activated as ASM is awarded player of the season and moves to another Saudi club for £58m meaning that we pocket an additional £23m

3 hours ago, Hovagod said:

A bizarre conversation on the Totally football podcast about this. On the one hand the implication was we have acted dodgy in securing enough to allow us to buy Barnes without a dent on FFP, on the other they seemed faux confused about why we have sold a 26 year old for such a low fee to another PIF owned club. Obviously their Spurs reporter was on hand to say ‘lots’ of PL clubs have ‘questions’. But I can’t work out what the questions would be related to, the first confident assertion, or the second equally confident (and entirely contradictory) assertion. In conclusion, I must stop listening to the Totally Football podcast.

I think I lasted one and a half episodes of that, aye, don't mind the daily Athletic one but that was so far up its arse it was untrue. Like an audio version of The Sunday Supplement.

23 hours ago, Hovagod said:

God bless you for trying that podcast. I find James Richardson leaves a trail. 

• 2 weeks later...