Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

3 minutes ago, ShoTime said:

We have a far bigger upgrade issues than ASM right now. I'd give him next season to see how it pans out and then sack him off the following summer if he's still doing the same.

Tend to agree, then again you can’t have a starting forward who produces so few goals and assists if you want to be a top team. 

He’ll be in the squad next season though, so let’s hope he does look better with better players around him. 

Guest HTT II
22 minutes ago, ShoTime said:

We have a far bigger upgrade issues than ASM right now. I'd give him next season to see how it pans out and then sack him off the following summer if he's still doing the same.

We do, but we could potentially get 30m + for him to spend more effectively on his position!

I think we're far better off finding a proper ST and RW before upgrading on Maxi. In that time we're finally bringing in balance we need, or at least a semblance of some. 

I think if he had better players around him they could get pissed off seeing attacks breaking down because he won't pass it. Even when has managed to wriggle into a decent position his shooting has been woeful. I think he prefers to be a big fish in a small pond

6 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I think if he had better players around him they could get pissed off seeing attacks breaking down because he won't pass it. Even when has managed to wriggle into a decent position his shooting has been woeful. I think he prefers to be a big fish in a small pond

Yep, that's my thinking, but it might be exactly what he needs. Give him another season with better players who demand a performace. A top, mobile striker not getting the pass will let him know. As will Bruno if ASM keeps wasting his inch perfect through-balls. He goes on about the National Team and the CL, well let's see if he can do what he thinks in a better team.

It also reminds me a little of the Ayoze situation. How getting Almiron in on the other flank took some heat off him and in the process tmade him twice the player. He wastes a hell of a lot of attacks, but then again, he's our only real attacking output and has been for two seasons...

4 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Robert was the definition of a player producing tangible goods. And he got the best out of those around him to too great and extent to accuse him of not being a team player. 

I was a huge Robert fan and argued many a time that his goals and goals created were worth the price of his laziness defensively. Defending is part of the team. Offensively no problems.

Milner is a great team player. probably no more useful than Robert in attack, but look at the difference in careers.

Edited by Wolfcastle

5 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

I was a huge Robert fan and argued many a time that his goals and goals created were worth the price of his laziness defensively. Defending is part of the team. Offensively no problems.

Milner is a great team player. probably no more useful than Robert in attack, but look at the difference in careers.

Milner is nowhere near Robert in attacking threat. Slower, less powerful, less of a threat from a dead ball. 

I agree that overall he's a better player and has had a better career, because of his attitude, versatility and work rate, but he doesn't hold a candle in terms of threat. 

7 hours ago, Smal said:

I’d defend him to the hilt but he’s really going big on the NFT thing isn’t he. For fuck’s sake Allan.

One of those crypto fintech things that's full of early promise, but is a bit like running up a blind alley with no end product and everyone ends up frustrated.

On 02/05/2022 at 06:53, HTT II said:

He does press, but from the front. He is lazy though and gives up far too easily. He’s so frustrating. All the skills in the world too…

My biggest issue is he never looks fit - looks shattered after one sprint.  If you then throw on top his lack of vision (cannot pick a pass) and lack of decision making, I would sell him and re-invest the money.  Yes he can run with the ball but so what - it's not enough.

Aye, it’s a bit desperate but there is some truth to it. Next season is absolutely massive for him and us, can he develop his game more, especially with better players around him. It’ll be an easy decision for us after next season whether he stays or goes. Hopefully he can push on and stay 

Just now, duo said:

He's got to learn to pass first 

I think he’s getting better at passing the ball, he’s just not the best at it. The same could be said of many of our current squad though 

Guest reefatoon

That’s a shite comment that. Sounds like Pardew Bruce and all the other fuckers who blame everyone else for their failings. Can’t even remember the last time he set a chance up to be honest. 

7 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

That will not go down well in the dressing room.

These comments, noises about moving him on combined with Howes pragmatic approach to unite the squad tells me he might not be around here much longer.