Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Who knows, this little moment might be the making of him and I hope it is. With a bit of luck, Eddie refines him into the player we all know he can be but ASM must buy into it too.

From a technical point of view, he needs to learn to run off the shoulder like Miggy did against Palace. If we can get him doing that he will be lethal, especially with Bruno behind him. He spends far too much time running down blind alleyways and moaning that he's got noone to pass to.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

So nobody?

I’ve long thought we would do well to get 35m for him. 30 is fair. At 25m I think a queue starts to form as the cost / benefit shifts in favour of the buying club. 

ASM is 2 years younger. But his output is similar to Trossards.  

if ASM is worth 50m, Raphinha is worth 90m.  

On the other hand, he's well capable of putting a string of performances together where he's our best player, at which point his value would increase but its been what 4 months?, since we have seen that type of performance from him.

I’m absolutely shocked after those quotes came out and pages of people were after selling the lazy French so and so aren’t now in here backtracking after the story was clarified. Does that not fit the narrative some of you chaps have created around this guy then? [emoji38]

37 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I’m absolutely shocked after those quotes came out and pages of people were after selling the lazy French so and so aren’t now in here backtracking after the story was clarified. Does that not fit the narrative some of you chaps have created around this guy then? [emoji38]

Absolutely knew @Cronkywould be all over this. Making extra shit up without any justification. 

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

So nobody?

I’ve long thought we would do well to get 35m for him. 30 is fair. At 25m I think a queue starts to form as the cost / benefit shifts in favour of the buying club. 

ASM is 2 years younger. But his output is similar to Trossards.  

if ASM is worth 50m, Raphinha is worth 90m.  

Meanwhile Leeds fans are frustrated with Raphinha's work-rate and how often he gives up possession. :lol:

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, St1pe said:

It hasn’t been clarified. They are just dealing with it internally, how it should be. Also, nobody has created a narrative around him. People are judging him on his performances. Not everybody creams their keks at the 15 stepovers v palace and prefer to look for something that’s actually productive, which he isn’t showing currently. Find it really strange when some fans take it so personally if anyone has a bad word against him. Really weird.

Edited by reefatoon

4 hours ago, STM said:

Everton would have been one, but they are skint. He couldn't play for Wolves and their defensive set up. Moyes wouldn't touch him. Certainly none of the top 5/6.

Would Rodgers try and use him? Possibly. Villa, as I've mentioned.

After that, you are talking about sides who we SHOULD consider inferior and that would kind of prove my point.

If scouts do their homework properly, they will see red flags, right, left and centre.

I have a feeling, based on nothing, that Fulham could be one destination. 

53 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

It hasn’t been clarified. They are just dealing with it internally, how it should be. Also, nobody has created a narrative around him. People are judging him on his performances. Not everybody creams their keks at the 15 stepovers v palace and prefer to look for something that’s actually productive, which he isn’t showing currently. Find it really strange when some fans take it so personally if anyone has a bad word against him. Really weird.

Eh? He's clarified that it's all been taken out of context in terms of the full interview, he voluntarily sought out the manager, and furthermore Howe has confirmed that he believes him and he's not being fined or anything like that. :lol:

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Eh? He's clarified that it's all been taken out of context in terms of the full interview, he voluntarily sought out the manager, and furthermore Howe has confirmed that he believes him and he's not being fined or anything like that. :lol:

Sound bites in public. Will be dealt with internally. Bet you don’t see him giving anymore daft interviews like that.

Edited by reefatoon

10 hours ago, reefatoon said:

They’re not though. I’m not taking it personally either I’m making the opposite point. People create narratives around players with absolutely no foundation and turn on them: “he’s lazy”, “he’s not the main man like he was under Bruce and doesn’t like it”. There’s absolutely loads of it online. Then that narrative gets pushed all of the time and it’s hard to come back from. Robert, HBA, Perez all got the same treatment - Perez had people that fuming that guy in the crowd gave him the fingers when he scored and did that ear cupping celebration or whatever it was he used to do. There’s a different bar set for creative players. 

ASM has been shite. It’s absolutely fine to say that and it would be equally bad pretending he hasn’t. All of the other stuff that happens is odd. Back your players - especially a one that’s been arguably our best for the last couple of seasons and one that helped us stay in the league to be taken over. 

4 minutes ago, St1pe said:

They’re not though. I’m not taking it personally either I’m making the opposite point. People create narratives around players with absolutely no foundation and turn on them: “he’s lazy”, “he’s not the main man like he was under Bruce and doesn’t like it”. There’s absolutely loads of it online. Then that narrative gets pushed all of the time and it’s hard to come back from. Robert, HBA, Perez all got the same treatment - Perez had people that fuming that guy in the crowd gave him the fingers when he scored and did that ear cupping celebration or whatever it was he used to do. There’s a different bar set for creative players. 

ASM has been shite. It’s absolutely fine to say that and it would be equally bad pretending he hasn’t. All of the other stuff that happens is odd. Back your players - especially a one that’s been arguably our best for the last couple of seasons and one that helped us stay in the league to be taken over. 

Exactly

fscottfitzgerald1-2x.jpg

14 hours ago, STM said:

Who knows, this little moment might be the making of him and I hope it is. With a bit of luck, Eddie refines him into the player we all know he can be but ASM must buy into it too.

From a technical point of view, he needs to learn to run off the shoulder like Miggy did against Palace. If we can get him doing that he will be lethal, especially with Bruno behind him. He spends far too much time running down blind alleyways and moaning that he's got noone to pass to.

His problem with that type of run is he won’t always receive the ball with some of the players we’ve got. This makes him unwilling to even entertain that option as it will result in him needing a lie down after.

I like him. I hope he stays next season. Yes he's out of form but prior to Eddie arriving he basically carried this team and was more often than not the only bright spot. He's the sort of player I'm happy to pay my money to watch.

Footballer says something thick during an interview shocker.

He’s not wrong, but shouldn’t have said it. Smack on the wrist and some piss taking in training is fine as punishment.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

15 hours ago, macphisto said:

I have a feeling, based on nothing, that Fulham could be one destination. 

Aye 40m from them tbf. 

5 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

His problem with that type of run is he won’t always receive the ball with some of the players we’ve got. This makes him unwilling to even entertain that option as it will result in him needing a lie down after.

This is true. 

i thought it’s not in his game but his overall fitness and stamina could be an issue. Salah, Sterling etc. make that run constantly.  ASM only makes that run when he knows it’s the only decent option. Even at a top club that run is only found 3 times out of 10 but they know to keep making it. I don’t think ASM is physically capable of doing so. The lad could do with losing some mass. 

Also his quotes are worrying because he’s blaming others rather than looking at himself. 

How do you deduce that losing mass would be the sole reason for solving his fitness? There’s potentially one or multiple contributing factors to why he didn’t make that run. 

Edited by Kanji