Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

I'd give him another year tbh.

I think I'd rather spend money bolstering the rest of the team and learning to live with his deficiencies - as overblown or understated as you may consider them - than having to also spend on replacing the quality/dimension he does bring to the team.

Ultimately it would be a make-or-break season for him, though. Maybe even half season if Eddie decides enough is enough in January.

1 minute ago, thomas said:

I'd give him another year tbh.

I think I'd rather spend money bolstering the rest of the team and learning to live with his deficiencies - as overblown or understated as you may consider them - than having to also spend on replacing the quality/dimension he does bring to the team.

Ultimately it would be a make-or-break season for him, though. Maybe even half season if Eddie decides enough is enough in January.

Most likely the scenario.

He’s not the answer down the left, maybe Lodi is to fill that spot and not Targett’s.

Its arguable that ASM has created more down the right anyway. We shouldn’t be hasty to get rid of anyone, he’s clearly popular in the side.. I think a pre season of Trippier heckling him might set him straight a bit.

Any debate about whether to sell him presupposes that we'd get a decent offer, and I can't see much sign of that. His value to any club is unclear, at the moment anyway, and there'd be an element of risk in his signing.

It does look like he's trying to adjust his game a bit, but I'm not sure how well that's going to work out.

12 hours ago, Pata said:

He played a perfect ball to Almiron (that he ballsed up) just minutes before the Wilson goal.

And failed to place a pass in front of Wilson to put him through on goal.

We remember the odd occasions when he’s passed to a team mate which is quite sad really.

9 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

And failed to place a pass in front of Wilson to put him through on goal.

We remember the odd occasions when he’s passed to a team mate which is quite sad really.

This is just isn't true if you've watched anything of him in 2022. He regularly uses Targett and Joelinton on the overlap, plays it inside to Bruno and Wilson, or puts in early crosses. Dribbling is his strength, he's absolutely right to do it regularly too.

7 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Less than two chances per game created.When you consider how often he gets into positions to create a chance,even by just putting a cross into the danger area.Poor.Very poor.

You're looking at a chances created table where he's top and saying it's really poor.

40 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Who thought Sissoko was shit, he was class for us.

Wouldn't say he was class, but he was decent. There were tons of people in our support who thought he was shit though. 

32 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Sissoko was always played out of position at NUFC.

I thought he could only play right wing competently with us? Most time he was in the middle he lacked the control and instinct to get out of being closed down from memory, and looked poor there.