Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Arsenal paid £72 million for Nicolas Pepe while we were signing this guy for £16 million, from the very same league, and ASM is two years younger.

Shocking stuff from the scouts at Arsenal man. Absolutely frightening.

He was a risk that’s paid off. Aside from his ridiculous pace and skill. His attitude and general attributes as a person are top rate. Irreplaceable actually. But we had no way of knowing that when we signed him first.

Teams are terrified of him.

He can be for us what Eden Hazard was for Chelsea. He’s already becoming more efficient with his energy and knowing when to carry the ball.

Put some better players around him to give him more space and he’ll destroy the league.

He was a risk that’s paid off. Aside from his ridiculous pace and skill. His attitude and general attributes as a person are top rate. Irreplaceable actually. But we had no way of knowing that when we signed him first.

He can be for us what Eden Hazard was for Chelsea. He’s already becoming more efficient with his energy and knowing when to carry the ball.

Put some better players around him to give him more space and he’ll destroy the league.

:thup:

Summed up nicely.

Imagine how much more we could get out of him if we had a recognised striker.

I’m worried for him when a proper manager comes in, demands more in training, isn’t as arm around the shoulder as Bruce and expects more defending from him. That’s when I expect it’ll all fall apart for him here.

Atm Bruce is being his best mate, letting him do what he wants and this is making him happy. He’s had previous at other club and this is where I’ll assume it’s down to the manager being more stand off and making players work harder in training.

Imagine how much more we could get out of him if we had a recognised striker.

Brooks certainly was last night, so much so that he didn't even need a trick to get past him. Simply stopped and went the other direction, while Brooks just stood and watched

I hate worrying about losing players but if this takeover doesnt go through MA will be rubbing his hands. Hes priceless and will have alot of clubs after him.

I love the idea that France are thinking about him for national side.  :lol:

Thinking about him.

Mbappe, Griezmann, Dembele, Coman, Fekir, Lemar, Ikone are his competition. I'd argue he's not far off the bolded players level, and better than the italics ones.

He's better as a winger than Griezmann too but left him bold as he plays more central for France and seems to do well.

Imagine having to play against a team with Mbappe on the right and Saint-Maximin on the left with Benzema up top...  :drool:

I’m worried for him when a proper manager comes in, demands more in training, isn’t as arm around the shoulder as Bruce and expects more defending from him. That’s when I expect it’ll all fall apart for him here.

Atm Bruce is being his best mate, letting him do what he wants and this is making him happy. He’s had previous at other club and this is where I’ll assume it’s down to the manager being more stand off and making players work harder in training.

Sir Bobby and ASM would have got on well

Thinking about him.

Mbappe, Griezmann, Dembele, Coman, Fekir, Lemar, Ikone are his competition. I'd argue he's not far off the bolded players level, and better than the italics ones.

He's better as a winger than Griezmann too but left him bold as he plays more central for France and seems to do well.

Imagine having to play against a team with Mbappe on the right and Saint-Maximin on the left with Benzema up top...  :drool:

Fekir is more of a 10 - Lemar has had a bad year - Dembele is always injured - there’s a chance you know

Thinking about him.

Fekir is more of a 10 - Lemar has had a bad year - Dembele is always injured - there’s a chance you know

I do like Lemar though, really gifted player imo. Putting ASM in the same bracket as those guys is already some feat given he plays for Newcastle United in 2020!

Dembele though, plus Ikone... Saint-Maximin smokes those guys.

Thinking about him.

I do like Lemar though, really gifted player imo. Putting ASM in the same bracket as those guys is already some feat given he plays for Newcastle United in 2020!

Dembele though, plus Ikone... Saint-Maximin smokes those guys.

We should just buy Lemar and Fekir then play the 3 of them off each tbh

Man would love to see this actually - both are realistic under new owners

Guest dabe

Arsenal paid £72 million for Nicolas Pepe while we were signing this guy for £16 million, from the very same league, and ASM is two years younger.

Shocking stuff from the scouts at Arsenal man. Absolutely frightening.

I mean, Pepe has been poor if counted against his price tag/expectation but he's scored/assisted more than Saint-Maximin and not been injured in a very dysfunctional Arsenal team (outside of Aubameyang at least). With that said, clearly huge potential is there for both of them, and I do prefer ASM.

Pepe's stats haven't been bad really. 5 goal and 6 assists in 19 starts.

Also he got 22 goals and 11 assists last season while ASM got 6 and 3, both playing nearly every game so not sure you can say the scouts were shite like :lol: Chances are if Pepe played for us he'd look brilliant too