Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Guest reefatoon

hqdefault.jpg

Kanji you are always going on about Hatem Benjamin Netanyahu, you are never going to meet him.

I can't be the only one to be a bit annoyed at players seeking to enhance their contracts after only one season.

ASM is very effective against the weaker teams when he can get a bit of time and space on the ball. I don't think he's top six material though. PSG get linked with any French player who's in the news, and I'd be surprised if Mourinho wants him.

But if we get a bit of £60m, I think we should take it.

Top trolling as usual  :lol:

I just don't happen to think he's quite as good as most on here seem to think. This place does get a bit silly when anyone expresses anything but mainstream opinion.

It’s not just on here though, teams Bigger than us are starting to take notice of him. But I agree on the hype, it’s hard to say what he’s worth, he could easily nose dive in form next season and be a £30m player instead of a £60m one, which he will be if he continues this form till this time next year.

But we’ve been in this position before with player.

Cisse, £35m rumours after that chelsea goal to chelsea.

Tiote, £25m to manu.

Bellamy, £30m to Roma

Dyer, £25m to manu and Tottenham

Lascelles, £30m to chelsea

Enrique to Barca (can’t remember the fee but it was at least triple what we got for him)

The only time we’ve actually struck when the stock is high is Carroll to Liverpool to £35m. It stung like fuck at the time but in hindsight a great sale for us.

Sissoko?

Just had this random thought of how fun it'd be to have ASM and Hatem as wide forwards on left and right with a proper CF ahead of them. Lord almighty.

This current side with a fit HBA and Ba in, based on their form at us would finish top 6. Even with Bruce in charge.

I still don't think we'd be better than Wolves tbh, even with those two.

It's good to think that, in spite of all the damage and the glaring holes, the squad isn't that far away from being a very solid outfit that could fight for the European places. Fanboydom aside, there's only one man to thank for that.

• 2 weeks later...

I think teams have worked him out to an extent, in that the last few games out wide they've had 3 men on him and crowded him out. Bruce obviously doesn't have an answer to this tactically so tried throwing up top yesterday where he was just as isolated as our strikers always are.

Personally I'd play Lazaro and him on opposite sides and coach them to work on the quick switch the moment ASM gets mobbed.

Ritchie might score the odd thunderbastard or cross but he slows our attacking game down far too much.

This is almost the exact same problem I have with Dummett. He may not be making obvious mistakes but the constant hesitation and unwillingness to go beyond halfway or overlap absolutely kills any attacking momentum.

Ritchie might score the odd thunderbastard or cross but he slows our attacking game down far too much.

This is almost the exact same problem I have with Dummett. He may not be making obvious mistakes but the constant hesitation and unwillingness to go beyond halfway or overlap absolutely kills any attacking momentum.

His speed wouldn't be so much of an issue if he wasn't the very definition of a head-down player in my opinion (talking about Ritchie).