Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

He’s right like, having a bit time off to be able to get back and play at 100% without any niggling injuries has made a huge difference.

Change of shape is better for him too, like. I know it was against Man City but he was having to do way too much defending when we were playing 5-4-1 the other day and he was struggling for it.

At the end did he say he had been going for walks and that's how he's playing so much better and looking less injured all the time? Or did he say working in his Fre-nglish accent?

If so, he must have been taking Shelvey, Bentaleb & Carroll with him as they're all looking so sharp.

Thinking about John Anderson's recent quotes about him after that performance

https://theathletic.com/1885693/2020/06/27/allan-saint-maximin-ben-arfa-dog-garden-goal-newcastle-manchester-city/

“Being exciting to watch isn’t enough,” comes the cautionary voice of former Newcastle defender John Anderson, who is the game-day summariser for BBC Radio Newcastle. “He’s got to turn himself into a match-winner, week in and week out; he has to influence the big occasions.”

“There aren’t many players who get it and can go past people the way Saint-Maximin does,” Anderson says. “(Team-mate) Miguel Almiron has work-rate and willingness but he doesn’t have the ability Saint-Maximin has got. This kid has got really good feet, he goes by people like they’re standing still. He gets people on the edge of their seat.

“But, to be a top-level player, that isn’t enough. It’s about providing those telling contributions time and again. Earlier this season, he wasn’t doing that; it was all show. In recent games, he has started providing assists and goals. Now he’s got to keep producing.”

“What’s encouraged me is he seems to be starting to do the simple things better,” John Anderson says. “He does the hard stuff, with his quick feet and great ability, but sometimes he still infuriates me. Hopefully he’s starting to get a grip now of, ‘Oh, I can’t just take everybody on’. When he first arrived, he seemed to just want the ball for himself. Now he’s starting to understand he needs to release his team-mates more and drive into the box, not do tricks on the halfway line. That’s how he can be really effective.”

“People say, ‘He’s brilliant, he’s this, he’s that’,” Anderson adds. “Well, if he’s as good as a lot of people are saying he is, why did he end up here? It’s about that end-product, that’s why. Can he be a world-beater? He has all the attributes but he needs to influence the game every time he plays if he wants to take that next step. Let’s hope he realises that now.

Such a goddamn bore :lol:

We need a takeover to keep hold of him..

Without a doubt. The top teams will be circling at the end of this season, he'll need to know we are going places not to have his head turned.

Been so detached from this team since Rafa left that I almost forgot what it felt like to fear losing a player. But Max looks scarily good, and tbh when he picks the ball up and runs through a maze of players you never doubt he will come out with the ball. Never seen anything like it in years, at least not in the PL.

Been so detached from this team since Rafa left that I almost forgot what it felt like to fear losing a player. But Max looks scarily good, and tbh when he picks the ball up and runs through a maze of players you never doubt he will come out with the ball. Never seen anything like it in years, at least not in the PL.

Same feeling when HBA made those runs in his first game against Everton, to name one occasion.

Was apparently found out against Man City ... LOL.

I don't think anyone said that. He made a few bad touches in the first half and people pointed this out, and that was it