Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Fenerbahce, on loan from Al-Ahli)

Disco

19 hours ago, Ameritoon said:

Some of you are wild. It was far from his best game but he did what he needed to help us get three points. Hopefully Target coming back in helps him a bit.

Just a enjoy three wins in a row ffs :lol:

Possibly the most annoying type of post. People discussing elements of the performance or players doesn’t mean they aren’t enjoying the improvements. 

I don't really have a problem with his not tracking back, he does contribute defensively and we've adapted for ASM by getting Targett, so keep him in the attacking phase where he can do his damage. I just wish he was prepared to do the simple things more often. He's too confident for his own good, and believes he can dribble through any crowd, when a simple 1-2 would be more penetrative and structured.

With ASM you take the rough with the smooth. Yesterday was an awful game as a spectacle, very stop start due to awful refereeing and both defences were largely sound. That means that attacking players have quiet games, ASM, Coutinho, Bailey when he came on, were all poor. But in ASM's case he'll always have games like that but you have to take that on the chin as he'll pop up with a performance like he put in against Everton or a brilliant individual goal. Can't expect him to be 100% on it every game because that's who he is.

I still think the non-tracking back at the beginning of the second half was a tactical change to keep him further up the field as he basically wasn't in the game first half. Saw Joelinton pointing at him to stay up a few times. It was too weird otherwise.  

18 minutes ago, polkaDot said:

anyone know how many yellow cards opposition players have picked up after fouling him? thought there was a couple yesterday.

Love the way he starts limping in the 2nd half like hes saying 'what you doubling up on me for - im limping'?

Then a little later hes like 'nah mate still limping'

Then a little after that - fucking whooooooooosh hes off on a run [emoji38]

Absolutely bonkers stat this.  No set pieces and still 37 chances created, just 5 off the top spot.

As a side note.  Antonio's stats look quite impressive for the season and this kind of further backs that up.  But I don't think West Ham fans are too happy with his performances, from what I can tell.  

I’d love Raphina here, creates and scores, seems a good character and always seems to stand out whenever I’ve seen him play live.

32 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Absolutely bonkers stat this.  No set pieces and still 37 chances created, just 5 off the top spot.

As a side note.  Antonio's stats look quite impressive for the season and this kind of further backs that up.  But I don't think West Ham fans are too happy with his performances, from what I can tell.  

Last bit makes sense. Moussa dominated these charts while he was here yet no one liked him.

36 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

But he doesn't track back!

He is completely ineffective in the middle and it hurts the team when he plays there too; when he's out wide he drags players out to him, the opposition full back plus one go to close him down as teams double up on him or even at times triple up on him. In the middle he has fewer time and space to receive the ball and it's more difficult to beat players through the middle unless it's a counterattack. He played there under Bruce and Jones and has largely ghosted as a result.

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

It would be fair to say the guy should know his best position, but how a manager utilizes a player in a set up, is totally down to how that manager sees how he wants things to work.

Most footballers know fuck all about football. The number 10 position barely exists any more and he’s been pretty rancid every time he’s had a shot there. And I’m CEO of the ASM Defence League. 

I emphasized with Bellamy and felt he was justified in kicking up a fuss due to Souness using him on the right wing, as his best position is obviously as a striker. Possibly a bit clouded by my dislike for Souness I will admit.

I wouldn't do that if ASM for some reason did the same because Howe didn't play him as a #10. 

Edited by Conjo

Anyone else expect ASM to be more mouthy/full of himself in the press, only to find he seems pretty quiet?

I know he's brimming with confidence and it shows on his social media channels, but you don't see him coming out bragging and bigging himself up above the club, if that makes sense?

Sort of hoping he's quite content here and understands how big a player he is for us. Just showing some love for him even though he frustrates me:D

Just now, NE27 said:

Anyone else expect ASM to be more mouthy/full of himself in the press, only to find he seems pretty quiet?

I know he's brimming with confidence and it shows on his social media channels, but you don't see him coming out bragging and bigging himself up above the club, if that makes sense?

Sort of hoping he's quite content here and understands how big a player he is for us. Just showing some love for him even though he frustrates me:D

He did say he wants to win the ballon d'or!