Emil Krafth

Nobody

Its a bit like the KK era. Players that were a bit suspect before were able to sign off on a high.

Brock in nets at Birmingham, Ranson filling in for Beresford, Stimpson even providing an assist against Brentford. Appleby, Nielson, Howey and Watson home-grown clean-sheet in a thrashing over Coventry in the PL where they conceded at least 3goals every game to Tranmere 2years earlier.

*Not that I'm suggesting he's not given himself a chance however.

Edited by Wolfcastle

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Been really good recently. Do we keep him as back up right back next season or get rid? 

Definitely keep as a back up - he seems solid enough under Eddie. Other areas need improving first.

• 2 weeks later...

He's been brilliant like. Watching him tonight he was like a different player to the one we saw 9/10 months ago.

Incredible turnaround and kudos to the guy. Brilliant.

He's been very good under Howe, particularly defensively.

It's a real shame he doesn't have a little bit (a lot) more quality going forward because he has all of the physical attributes to be successful; he's very fast, has an engine to get up and down, is strong and is reasonably tall.

As others have said, there's so many other areas of the squad that need strengthening first, he can stay as 2nd choice RB for now. Still has his negatives but ideally Tripper stays fit all season and Krafth only needs to play 10 or so games.

Had it not been for Joelinton reborn, I'd have said Krafth was probably displaying the biggest upturn in form I can remember in my NUFC life so far. I was convinced we'd struggle to even give him away after his performances under Steve Bacon. 

I honestly can't believe that it's ended up being Krafth that's stood in and shone. I didn't know loads about him, but from reading negative reviews of him on here, knowing how solid Manquillo has been in the past, and then him being class at Leeds away I thought it would have been him we'd be talking about as next season's obvious back up.

Edited by Kid Icarus

From a couple of months back to now, what a difference! hats off to the lad, completely proved a lot of us wrong... and gladly so!

Would keep him as decent back up now.

That underlapping run where he was fed by Almiron - I'd imagine under Bruce he'd pass and just....stop. Howe doesn't need to do anything particularly special, just coaching them in simple pass-and-move makes the team so much better going forward and so much better to watch. These are basics that a proper top-tier team should have down as first principles, man.

Him and Targett are two pretty solid full backs if you judge on defensivee ability. Ideally you want marauding full backs who give you more attacking options, but if not then having very good defenders is hardly a terrible alternative.

Guest reefatoon

Couldn't stand the useless cunt under Bruce. Fucking hell though, he has turned that around with some real solid performances. Well done lad.