Everton 2-2 Newcastle United - 21/01/20

Disco

Sean Longstaff has been pathetic this season

Getting 2m for him now would be a good deal.

Man, this is unfortunate.

You folks are really prepared to just throw this guy away now.

I hear you Kaka, but he has been shocking - regardless of off-field circumstances.

I know, but the majority of our players have been, and so it makes no sense to turn on individuals like people are now doing.

The whole team does not function and hasn't at any point this season. I don't understand why because we have scraped some results people pretend otherwise.

Absolutely nailed it.  How fans cannot see this garbage from Bruce is beyond me.

It's a lot more fun to call players names and go completely over the top.

Sean has been terrible man. If it was Atsu people would have no issues calling the individual out. Longstaff has been no better and is costing us by playing. It's unfortunate but the criticism is merited and cannot be all put down to Bruce for convenience.

Could it be that playing in midfield for Newcastle United at this point in time isn't really that easy? He hasn't been this rubbish all along. The criticism of Atsu is also way over the top in my opinion. Did i seriously read that people wanted Rolando fucking Aarons to play in his place. Completely mental.

It certainly factors in to it, yes. But any player getting regular minutes and performing consistently terribly is going to be criticised. I'm going to back out of the Longstaff conversation now though as I don't want it to sound like I'm honing in on him alone. I just think it's too convenient to just go "Bruce - end of conversation". I'm sure the player himself will be best served by holding himself accountable in order to make improvements. A player can't just blame the manager, good players take responsibility and hold themselves accountable for being poor.

Sean Longstaff has been pathetic this season

Getting 2m for him now would be a good deal.

Man, this is unfortunate.

You folks are really prepared to just throw this guy away now.

I hear you Kaka, but he has been shocking - regardless of off-field circumstances.

I know, but the majority of our players have been, and so it makes no sense to turn on individuals like people are now doing.

The whole team does not function and hasn't at any point this season. I don't understand why because we have scraped some results people pretend otherwise.

Absolutely nailed it.  How fans cannot see this garbage from Bruce is beyond me.

It's a lot more fun to call players names and go completely over the top.

Sean has been terrible man. If it was Atsu people would have no issues calling the individual out. Longstaff has been no better and is costing us by playing. It's unfortunate but the criticism is merited and cannot be all put down to Bruce for convenience.

Atsu was the same irritating and unbearable player under Rafa. It was just not as painful, because the rest of the team functioned so much better even when he was in it.

Longstaff was not just good, but outstanding standing out against the likes of Man City. To such an extent that Man Utd were willing to pay £25 million for him for less than half a season's work.

Almiron also looked devastatingly bad under this manager after transforming our season under Rafa. He's only just recovering himself.

Under Rafa we hardly all came on here so disgusted with the majority of our players, and yet people say the football is no different. Okay then. Whatever.

Come on man  :lol:

NE press, stop defending Bruce ffs. look at this shit. injuries or not. this is atrocious.

13th, 5 points clear, won at the weekend, what more do you want?

Actual football.

More points on the board than last season. Must be doing well.

Was sick of hearing the stat about us being 8 points better than this point last season so I had a look at the current gameweek (week 24) table

As it stands with Burnley, West Ham (2 games in hand) and Norwich still to play we are..

5 points better off (29 this year, 24 last year)

1 place higher in the table (currently 13th, 14th last year)

1 point further away from bottom 3 (currently 6 points, 5 points last year)

3 goals worse goal difference (Currently -14, -11 last year)

Hardly the amazing difference that the media portray unless you look at the only stat which actually has no relevance when comparing

Take away the characters and you're left with the fundamental fact that there's no progress. And when you factor-in they point about how that stasis has been intentionally created, it should be enough to get everyone up in arms. But it ain't.