West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Newcastle United - Man City (H) in QF

Disco

Alex Scott - Miggy's withdrawal left us wide open. :thup:

Played for the pc points 😂

What?

Bringing up what a female analyst has randomly said the glaring obvious it's obscure. Name checking too. Really bizarre thing to bring up post game.

Absewlewtly fewmin.

Think it's when we are supposed to be playing villa at home 21 march.

Aye it is. Coming over for it, better be a home game that's played on the Saturday. Anyone know how many of the games will be moved for TV to the Sunday?

All the games will be moved for TV.

How many will be played on the Sunday though? Do we know that?

Sheff Utd through.  Basically means the QF's should most of the top half and us.

Sheffield United were shocking tonight.  I am not a fan of them and I still think they are overrated/useless.  If we draw them in the quarter finals then we will beat them.  This is from someone who thinks the Toon  are rubbish by the way.

Overrated and useless. What about the 86 team below them then?

Alex Scott - Miggy's withdrawal left us wide open. :thup:

Played for the pc points 😂

What?

Bringing up what a female analyst has randomly said the glaring obvious it's obscure. Name checking too. Really bizarre thing to bring up post game.

Absewlewtly fewmin.

Eh? I actually think Alex Scott is good at her job and brings alot to football coverage.

I'd happily rag her aal ower anarl.

Sheff Utd through.  Basically means the QF's should most of the top half and us.

Sheffield United were shocking tonight.  I am not a fan of them and I still think they are overrated/useless.  If we draw them in the quarter finals then we will beat them.  This is from someone who thinks the Toon  are rubbish by the way.

Disagree with you on that. Sheffield United have become a solid enough team with a good foundation; Wilder's had years to drill in the style of play we're seeing today and it has been, more often than not, effective. They're not a perfect team by any means but their general play is a lot better than ours.

(I've seen quite a bit of Sheffield United over the years fwiw).

Disagree with you on that. Sheffield United have become a solid enough team with a good foundation; Wilder's had years to drill in the style of play we're seeing today and it has been, more often than not, effective. They're not a perfect team by any means but their general play is a lot better than ours.

(I've seen quite a bit of Sheffield United over the years fwiw).

Disagree with your comments but sadly you will point to the league table as proof of Sheff Utd dominance.  I would love to put a team (actually like ours) against them because their whole defence are six foot six centre halfs from the sixties.  Slow, ponderous and cant pass a ball.  A quick movement fast passing team would blow these away.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Watched the game from the east stand amongst the WBA fans. Gareth Barry and Charlie Austin were an insult to football. 

Just got in and catching up on stuff.

So that joker Bruce actually played Lazzaro, Almiron and ASM behind Joelinton in their correct positions?!

Pretty surprising that. Looked like it worked well until he tried to throw it away with dumb substitutions.

Guest neesy111

Just seen this. Gutted.  :lol:

Don't worry, we'll be knocked out soon as we play someone decent.  West Brom made 9 changes yesterday and we still almost blew it.

Played very well until Almiron went off last night, hope we at least see that line up again even if not every game. Joelinton did very well.

Barring any shocks tonight it's looking like a very strong last 8 this year, hopefully we just get something which is tough but winnable like a home game against one of the less in form big guns.

Just seen this. Gutted.  :lol:

Don't worry, we'll be knocked out soon as we play someone decent.  West Brom made 9 changes yesterday and we still almost blew it.

Aye, the Bruce sympathisers were out in force because we outplayed a championship second string for 55 minutes.

Any half decent side will batter us.

Yes we did and my brother and I were both there.  We went to every game including the final

I went to every game but the final, out of money and temporally expelled from the mackem school I went to for missing too may school days in midweek.

Guest Howaythetoon

Once Miggy scored, I was actually hoping they’d win...

Good performance for 60 mins, can’t really hold the subs against Bruce like as shite as they turned out. He’d have hoped they would see the game out comfortably and they should have. Lost all attacking threat though.

That front line needs to start every game in the same lineup/way as it suits them all much better, especially Almiron.

Again it’s the midfield that is the worst area of the team and has been for the last few years.