West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Newcastle United - Man City (H) in QF

Disco

Insane how poor we were after that idiot tinkered with the team.

Absolutely bonkers. :lol: Bilic made one change and we absolutely fell to bits.

The manager is absolutely desperate. A talentless creep.

Guest godzilla

Shelvey sub ruined us.

He should have replaced Longstaff or Bentaleb who both were poor. No way those two should be the central midfield partnership

Relieved more than happy right now. Our defending looked dodgy throughout. The amount of time and space they found around our area was ridiculous. Rose looks to have lost his legs and it looked like he played them onside a few times.

There's something very tentative about our play, both in attack and defence. Miggy is the exception, always playing without fear.

We don't seem to have a leader in midfield or attack.

Substitutions were proper shite.

Still don't understand why he brought Shelvey on :lol:

What on earth is the logic there? Off the ball, he's abysmal at tracking; on the ball, he's best at long passes... but he took the two quick players off so there was nothing to aim at? What does he think Shelvey is?

Good cup game!

We made it hard for ourselves but should have scored a couple of goals on the break.

There’s a bit of a worry with this formation that once you get past the 3 behind the striker we’re wide open and we’ll get pissed on in the Premier league. I’d like to see the same team v Southampton with Hayden and Shelvey. Or Hayden and Longstaff.

West Brom are decent though. Billic has got them playing some decent stuff and their squad seems decent. I think they’ll come up. Sick of seeing teams look better organised/coached than us mind 😂

The midfield of Bentaleb and Longstaff was a car crash. Don't really want to see either of them starting for a while, if at all.

Thought it was decent until around 60minutes or so then it just went to shit. Longstaff’s range of passing looked back to what it was.

Guest godzilla

The midfield of Bentaleb and Longstaff was a car crash. Don't really want to see either of them starting for a while, if at all.

Agreed too slow and the amount of times they lost the ball was criminal.

First time I've seen Bentaleb properly - he looks incredibly sluggish. I remember him taking players on and linking things well for Spurs. :dontknow:

Longstaff looks clumsy as fuck now as well.

Bentaleb actually won the ball well a few times, but his passing was shocking. Never really took much note of him at Spurs, but I assume there must be a much better player in there than we are seeing.