West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Newcastle United - Man City (H) in QF

Disco

Guest Howaythetoon

Well, at least they give it a good go :lol:

Can actually picture an upset here, or a hammering.

It’s in our DNA I suppose!

Guest neesy111

What round was it we played them years back and there was trouble all over town. Might have been King Kev on the bench for them?

2001/02 fifth round.  Dicky Dunne up to his old tricks in getting sent off.

Sunday night game at 7pm.

For some reason I’d rather have Man City than Leicester or Arsenal, feel those would be much more challenging whereas a fluke 1-0 win against Man City is not infeasible.

Could feasibly be Norwich, Sheffield Utd and Chelsea in the semis in my opinion which would be my preferred opponents.

Pep doesn't fuck around in cups. Definite Man City win

This, were going out.... Chelsea  would be worth sticking a tenner on to win the whole thing ? The last 4 times they've played Leicester  in the cup they have went on to won it... (97,00,12,18)

We were never going to win the cup once we came up against a decent team, at least this will shut up all the Bruce bum lickers who were trilling about how Rafa never got us to the quarters.

Guest neesy111

We'll beat City.

We'll get bummed into oblivion.

City have only beaten us once in last 4 visits at SJP tbf.

We'll beat City.

It's a cup quarter final, after the season they've had they'll want to win it. Bruce's 4-4-2 looked wide open against West Brom, I don't think City will be so wasteful when they get chances...and they'll get plenty.

We'll beat City.

It's a cup quarter final, after the season they've had they'll want to win it. Bruce's 4-4-2 looked wide open against West Brom, I don't think City will be so wasteful when they get chances...and they'll get plenty.

three of those 4 visits were under Rafa ffs :lol:

Nee chance we'll be playing 4 at the back against City.

City clear favourites obviously, would've said nee chance away, but there's a small chance of a win at home.

I think that will send a confusing message to the squad as well. After criticising Rafa's 5 man defence all season, if he reverts to it every time we have a big game - that too at home - then what are the players going to think?

Nee chance we'll be playing 4 at the back against City.

City clear favourites obviously, would've said nee chance away, but there's a small chance of a win at home.

I think that will send a confusing message to the squad as well. After criticising Rafa's 5 man defence all season, if he reverts to it every time we have a big game - that too at home - then what are the players going to think?

We have should have enough flexibility to play different formations.