Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

As someone that can only justify a handful of matches a season I'm fucking delighted I recently gave in and got match and return train tickets from Ipswich to Southampton away and Watford at SJP in January. :lol: Always fun to not know whether you've thrown hundreds of quid down the drain.

5 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

What a fucking mess this is, if football matches aren't safe, cancel them and play them when it is safe. Am I meant to just bin my ticket for Sunday? Do I get a refund?

The match itself is probably not high risk with it being outside, albeit in an enclosed area. The biggest risk is the rammed bars and metros before and after, for those worried about it. 

I know it's bad to say but I would have zero problem with any of our next five matches being postponed. Would much rather play the Liverpool, City, Man U, Everton and Southampton games after we've been able to bring reinforcements on board in January (with the possible exception of Everton, who seem to have awful injury problems right now). 

1 hour ago, Raconteur said:

Really don't want the season suspended while we're still in the drop zone - I'd certainly be changing my relegationmeter vote if it were to happen!

Why? 

As last time showed the season has to be played out regardless for contractual reasons. Any break will only benefit us by getting us into January and improve our squad. 

Also as bad as it sounds covid cripples clubs financially and we are flush so can only work in our benefit in this dog eat dog environment against us

2 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Why? 

As last time showed the season has to be played out regardless for contractual reasons. Any break will only benefit us by getting us into January and improve our squad. 

Also as bad as it sounds covid cripples clubs financially and we are flush so can only work in our benefit in this dog eat dog environment against us

I guess my response is that I don't really buy into conspiracy theories (like refs trying to relegate us, or others...), I can easily believe that the PL would take the opportunity to send us down.

In corona times, the rules are whatever the rulemakers say what they are

On 14/12/2021 at 16:57, The Prophet said:

For me, its no great effort on my part to make sure I don't end up taking up a vital hospital bed, as well as reducing the risk of passing it on to those less vulnerable. I feel I'd be selfish to do otherwise.

Yeah, if you need a needle every 6 months to lessen the impact of this, it’s not a big deal whatsoever.

13 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Why? 

They will just say that new signings can’t play in rearranged postponed fixtures.

17 minutes ago, Stifler said:

They will just say that new signings can’t play in rearranged postponed fixtures.

Don't see that happening all they could do is postpone the January transfer window but don't see that happening either as it will be against the clock for players with 6 months left on their contract 

29 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

I guess my response is that I don't really buy into conspiracy theories (like refs trying to relegate us, or others...), I can easily believe that the PL would take the opportunity to send us down.

In corona times, the rules are whatever the rulemakers say what they are

They aren't though hence why they couldn't null and void the season last time they had to play it out a season can't not be finished and if they did do that it would be a massive legal case. 

2 hours ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Don't see that happening all they could do is postpone the January transfer window but don't see that happening either as it will be against the clock for players with 6 months left on their contract 

I'm not sure what they can actually do regarding the transfer window as having it is a direct consequence of the Bosman ruling, basically giving clubs one last chance to get a transfer fee.

Any scrapping/changing etc of the window (ignoring for one minute that you would need to do it across UEFA if not all FIFA competitions) would have such a negative outcome that it would not be considered

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wouldn’t be shocked if some sort of break was announced after tonight’s fixtures 

ld take that. Get the Liverpool hammering out the way then have a few more bodies ready for the other games.