Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

So my initial thought is how hilarious it would be for the league to be voided and Liverpool denied the trophy. 25 points clear and didn't win it - biggest collapse ever.

Then I got to thinking, Liverpool fans are the ones who should be calling for it to be voided and the rest of us just saying give it to them.

This season is already tainted, every review is going to be dominated by the suspension of the league and (probable) cancellation of the Euros/Olympics etc. Add to that 2 disappointing domestic cup exists, an early exit from the Champions League, frankly a boredom of the procession since Christmas and the fact that the winners will always be Liverpool*. I'd say this is the worst possible season to break the 30 year duck and the motivation of the team to right it next season must be huge. What Liverpool fan wants that?

I'm thinking back to some memorable wins (which this should have been for them) and its all been late drama and exit velocity that defines them with the exception of the invincibles which is just a remarkable stat. Thinking 96/97 (the hunt down of the 12 point lead), 99 Champions League injury time goals, Istanbul and penalties, Aguerrrooooooooo. No one gives a shit about what went one before.

And of course a lot of the louder Scousers (key word in there) would find it more satisfying to have the denial of the league to bitch about then to actually win it.

So I say give them the league now.

Unsurprisingly my football season has just been postponed for the foreseable future, as by the looks of it has all other grass roots football accross the nation:

Following the Government’s announcement today, for people to avoid social contact and gatherings where possible, we are now advising that all grassroots football in England is postponed for the foreseeable future.

Throughout this period, we have taken Government advice with the priority being the health and wellbeing of all. We will continue to work closely with the grassroots game during this time.

We are in regular communication with the Government and the situation within English football at all levels remains under regular review. Further updates will follow as needed.

Guest neesy111

Fuck off with that misleading shite neesy, the poor lad died from leukemia not corona. R. I. P :(

He died from the virus but they also found leukemia which mean't he was more vulnerable.  Awful either way.

Much has been said about this season, with many people saying we should void the season.

In my opinion we should not start any new seasons of domestic football until this season has been concluded, no matter if football goes back in April/May, September, or even a year from now.

Yes ok so some clubs will be at a disadvantage because of players contract expiring, however all the other options have clubs at a more major disadvantage elsewhere. Besides this, if FIFA and the likes got together then they could block any player from being registered at a new club until the next season officially begins. Clubs should also be looking to work towards temporary contracts to the key players they will want to see out the remainder of this season.