Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Aye it's got fuck all to do with the government how the leagues sort themselves out.

It does if people's lives are at risk, surely. Same goes for any other sport or events with large groups of spectators.

Maybe we should wait for a more reliable source than a single tweet from a Scottish Tabloid before we get into this debate for 78th time.

Aye it's got fuck all to do with the government how the leagues sort themselves out.

It does if people's lives are at risk, surely. Same goes for any other sport or events with large groups of spectators.

I don't mean in terms of large gatherings and the fixtures being fulfilled soon, I mean once things are back to something approaching normal, it's bugger all to do with government whether the leagues are void or played to a conclusion later.

Guest neesy111

I don't mean in terms of large gatherings and the fixtures being fulfilled soon, I mean once things are back to something approaching normal, it's bugger all to do with government whether the leagues are void or played to a conclusion later.

Agreed with that.

I guess it depends how long this goes on.

Thinking it might be

- Postpone Euros till 2021

- Finish season right up to August, almost immediately starting new season or with a small break

This upcoming Euros is probably the complete and utter opposite of what should be going ahead. It's a total travel-fest...

Thinking it might be

- Finish season right up to August, almost immediately starting new season or with a small break

This upcoming Euros is probably the complete and utter opposite of what should be going ahead. It's a total travel-fest...

Interesting how they could continue the season past June 30th with lots of contracts ending and transfers already agreed for players.

Thinking it might be

Interesting how they could continue the season past June 30th with lots of contracts ending and transfers already agreed for players.

We'll probably see something covering this in future contracts. I know in a couple sports they can extend the contract for as long as you were unable to perform through injury.

Perhaps not for injury, but it'd make sense to have a clause for things like this in football.

With the Word Cup in 2022 being in November I guess they might see this as a chance to align the leagues with that rather than have everything stop for a month? Going to take some bloody sorting out though.

With the Word Cup in 2022 being in November I guess they might see this as a chance to align the leagues with that rather than have everything stop for a month? Going to take some bloody sorting out though.

Exactly what I was thinking

What do Crystal Palace do? Roy Hodgson is 72.

Wheel him onto the touchline in a white straight jacket and brown leather mask like Hannibal and park him there for 90 mins.

:lol:

Eliaquim Mangala tests +ve.

...with no symptoms whatsoever. There’s probably hundreds of thousands of people just like him walking around without knowing that they have it. Makes the death rate likely much less scary, but also means that chances of catching it yourself are higher.