Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Hopefully this is all positive, but I won’t hold my breath until it’s done! Hard to be excited but it definitely feels like we haven’t been here before.

Wonder if I, like many others would be able to get our tickets back. Had mine 18 years, 153 points. I remember the Trust saying to upload evidence of points etc last summer when there were mass cancellations. Hopefully good PR for new owners to try and help, although the 10k free ticket Mags may now choose to keep theirs....

Id be surprised if Staveley didnt do the right thing and sort out the people who sacked Ashley off

Hopefully this is all positive, but I won’t hold my breath until it’s done! Hard to be excited but it definitely feels like we haven’t been here before.

Wonder if I, like many others would be able to get our tickets back. Had mine 18 years, 153 points. I remember the Trust saying to upload evidence of points etc last summer when there were mass cancellations. Hopefully good PR for new owners to try and help, although the 10k free ticket Mags may now choose to keep theirs....

Id be surprised if Staveley didnt do the right thing and sort out the people who sacked Ashley off

Fingers crossed mate. No doubt those who remained ‘loyal’ may whinge a little!

That Simon Chadwick is definitely briefing on Twitter that the Saudi involvement will be limited.

So he's changed his mind from no involvement then  :D :D Nobody knows anything about what involvement they will have, but I'm sure it will at some point.

From what I've read, the PIF will come in as an investor after Staveley has purchased the club. Hopefully this is what happens. Apparently this is common in these sort of business deals.

It's all a bit head battering at the minute. There's a lot of information out there today. I just want that fat leech gone.

Absolutely this. I care about nothing else at this stage.

I wonder if Charners will go back to the box office?

Hopefully thumbheed will depart when Ashley does. I can see him going to work for Ashley, in some capacity. Me personally, I wouldn't have Charnley involved at all at NUFC, under new owners.

IF (big IF) this happens, not a chance a chancer like him remains.

Apologies if already asked/answered, but why would they be loaning money from Ashley with the supposed wealth between them?

Staveley is borrowing money from both the Reubens and Ashley because apparently she doesn't have the cash herself.

Apologies if already asked/answered, but why would they be loaning money from Ashley with the supposed wealth between them?

Staveley is borrowing money from both the Reubens and Ashley because apparently she doesn't have the cash herself.

Does the news out now not say she is loaning the £150 million from Ashley ?

Does the news out now not say she is loaning the £150 million from Ashley ?

If the press have this £150m number based on the papers filed this morning, they are jumping to conclusions. The reports are ignoring the credit facility provided to Cantervale by the Reubens and Ashley has no recourse over the shares he is selling, only over Staveley's claims against Barclays and other assets of PCP Capital Partners (the UK entity of which, had assets of zero per last accounts). Ashley would be insane to lend £150m secured against £150m of legal claims plus £13m cash.

The document mentions 21 days that the deposit is safe for? Does this mean he transfers SJH (the loan) to PCP on the provision that the deal is completed within that time frame, if it’s not then she loses the 13m deposit?

So if the documents were signed on the 9th April that would take us up until the end of this month (30th April) which is the likely timeframe that this will be completed in.