Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Get Rafa back or someone just as good

Get rid of the shite SD signs

Tie down the longstaffs

Buy a striker who has proven to be able to score goals (Rondon)

Release colback, elliot and shola.

Invest in cleaning and modernising the stadium

In house as much as we can.

Get back our merchandise

Buy back the land at SP.

New training and academy setup

Make willems perm

Target 2 positions a window to improve on.

That's enough for me.

Get rid of puma & fun88

Aren't their contracts ending this summer?

Theoretically, who would you guys like to have instead?

How many morally sound individuals are multi billionaires and in the market to buy football clubs? Probably none, let's be honest. Football is f***ed, but at least we can enjoy it again.

There's a difference between private individuals and Governments owning clubs though

One of the differences is that the govt will probably be prepared to sink a lot more money into the city infrastructure than an indivdual would. It's not all bad news.

It's perfectly possible to enjoy supporting the club but still disapprove of the actions of the owners in other areas. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

My main gripe with Ashley has always been his running of the club I supported. I've only ever drawn attention to his shit business practices as a way to put pressure on his ownership of the club. For example, whilst I acknowledge he's a cunt, I can't say I lose any sleep about how Philip Green runs his retail empire. He's of no consequence to me.

What I want from my football club owner is someone who does their best firstly for the football club and, secondly, the region. Irrespective of how much I disapprove of their other practices, I'm not going to fight against them if they're doing their best on the footballing front. I'll let others who are involved in that specific area fight that fight, because first and foremost I'm a football supporter, not a diplomat or MP or Journalist. Let others do their job in that regard and I'll do mine of enjoying the football.

After 13 years, I fucking deserve that much. I'm too tired.

Pretty much how I see it from my post a couple of pages back. Save the righteous indignation to those who battle it every day, it's not like any of us were up in arms about Sheffield Utd, Man City or Chelsea so why should we treat our club any different? As long as the club and region are treated with respect, invested in and taken forward then that's all that really affects us :thup:

Tie down the longstaffs

Get back our merchandise

Buy back the land at SP.

Make willems perm

That's enough for me.

Get rid of puma & fun88

Rumour is we are getting a 1 year extension with Puma.

Tie down the longstaffs

Get back our merchandise

Buy back the land at SP.

Make willems perm

That's enough for me.

Get rid of puma & fun88

Aramco would do as a sponsor

The sponsor will just be whatever company they will funnel money into the club through.

Saudi Arabia airlines most likely.

You're assuming their business plan is similar to Man City / PSG and we don't know whether that will be the case. There are easier ways to get a name on a shirt than buying the whole club.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

It's perfectly possible to enjoy supporting the club but still disapprove of the actions of the owners in other areas. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

My main gripe with Ashley has always been his running of the club I supported. I've only ever drawn attention to his shit business practices as a way to put pressure on his ownership of the club. For example, whilst I acknowledge he's a cunt, I can't say I lose any sleep about how Philip Green runs his retail empire. He's of no consequence to me.

What I want from my football club owner is someone who does their best firstly for the football club and, secondly, the region. Irrespective of how much I disapprove of their other practices, I'm not going to fight against them if they're doing their best on the footballing front. I'll let others who are involved in that specific area fight that fight, because first and foremost I'm a football supporter, not a diplomat or MP or Journalist. Let others do their job in that regard and I'll do mine of enjoying the football.

Pretty much how I see it from my post a couple of pages back. Save the righteous indignation to those who battle it every day, it's not like any of us were up in arms about Sheffield Utd, Man City or Chelsea so why should we treat our club any different? As long as the club and region are treated with respect, invested in and taken forward then that's all that really affects us :thup:

Whilst I appreciate everyone's views, somehow it needs to be sticky'd that this is fundamentally different to a takeover by an individual person because no matter how many times it's said, it doesn't seem to be sinking in.

This is different because we're going to be 80% owned by a kingdom - not a person. As a result, anything the kingdom does will be reflected on us by association. Every time they bomb Yemen, every time they murder a journalist, every time they arrest and give the death penalty to a woman for peacefully campaigning for a modicum of equality, we'll be associated and therefore there will be a school of thought that following NUFC/investing in products/buying a season ticket infers that you agree with the kingdom/are willing to offer your money to support what they do. It's also important to remember that they're investing in us to distract from and ultimately attempt to change the outward perception of the kingdom - sportswashing.

I'm just as conflicted as everyone else because I'd quite like to enjoy supporting NUFC again, but this does come with a very difficult morality-based decision.

This is different to Man City, different to Sheffield United, different to Chelsea etc etc and it's really important to remember that.

The sponsor will almost certainly be another PIF firm you would think. They aren't going to renew Fun88 for pennies, that's for sure

I think Fun88 would not sit well with the whole Muslim and gambling thing. They will be gone well before Steve Bruce is.

Guest neesy111

The sponsor will just be whatever company they will funnel money into the club through.

You're assuming their business plan is similar to Man City / PSG and we don't know whether that will be the case. There are easier ways to get a name on a shirt than buying the whole club.

Yeap, people are jumping to lots of conclusions.  We need to actually hear what their plans are.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I'd also imagine Charnley will be in place for a handover period of c6 months before he quietly disappears

If we're backed by PIF I expect aggressive investment tbh. It's a bit stereotypical perhaps, but the fucking Saudi royal family won't settle for 7th or 10th place, while Qatar, Dubai and Abu Dhabi's investments reap all the glory in the CL.

Also PIF's portfolio speaks for itself, even if they throw PSG money at us, we'd still be one of their smaller projects in terms of outlay.

I'd also imagine Charnley will be in place for a handover period of c6 months before he quietly disappears

or go back to whatever he did before managing director or some other behind the scenes role without any public exposure

Guest neesy111

or go back to whatever he did before managing director or some other behind the scenes role without any public exposure

Pen pusher.

giphy.gif

Most companies, countries, etc have something, somewhere that's not agreeable to others. Personally, while I don't necessarily agree with some of the Saudi ideals I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt in business ventures, plus, at this point in time Newcastle United is going to come first for me in my life (at last!!!) - that may sound pretty heartless but, in the grand scheme of my life, any Saudi political or human rights issues have very little impact on me personally. I'm not about to sit here and make out that I'm some white as white, bleeding heart liberal as that would be a lie and as long as I myself aren't taking part in any abhorrent practices I'm okay with distancing my football team and it's support from a regime that is no worse than a lot of others (China, Russia, etc) that nobody harps on about half as much, pulling them to pieces for the sake of looking like saints when I can finally get back to supporting the team I love is all I'm bothered about.

I gave up my season ticket when Chris Hughton was sacked, renewed after the appointment of Rafa but once again became disillusioned and gave it up again after my ticket went up by £100 , I'm now 67 and wont be going back, but I hope those who (if we are taken over) are lucky enough to get season tickets make St James Park somewhere special to watch a football match again United againp; Stay safe 

Whilst I appreciate everyone's views, somehow it needs to be sticky'd that this is fundamentally different to a takeover by an individual person because no matter how many times it's said, it doesn't seem to be sinking in.

This is different because we're going to be 80% owned by a kingdom - not a person. As a result, anything the kingdom does will be reflected on us by association. Every time they bomb Yemen, every time they murder a journalist, every time they arrest and give the death penalty to a woman for peacefully campaigning for a modicum of equality, we'll be associated and therefore there will be a school of thought that following NUFC/investing in products/buying a season ticket infers that you agree with the kingdom/are willing to offer your money to support what they do. It's also important to remember that they're investing in us to distract from and ultimately attempt to change the outward perception of the kingdom - sportswashing.

I'm just as conflicted as everyone else because I'd quite like to enjoy supporting NUFC again, but this does come with a very difficult morality-based decision.

This is different to Man City, different to Sheffield United, different to Chelsea etc etc and it's really important to remember that.

At the same time, it's also quite possible that they want to gradually move away from their despicable past, otherwise why bother engaging at all with western culture?

It's not possible to support the club and complain about our govt. selling them the weapons to commit atrocities. Not without being dismissed as a hypocrite.

Did sheff utd owners borrow money from the bin laden family? Someone mentioned it the other day, not sure how true.

Got to hope their desire to tie in with us is to keep moving towards a more progressive culture back home. Rather than promote cheap sports tat we could be used to promote a countries change in political, social and moral issues.

Guest neesy111

At the same time, it's also quite possible that they want to gradually move away from their despicable past, otherwise why bother engaging at all with western culture?

They have to, their economy is completely dependent on oil for 95% of their GDP it's going to run-out at some point.