Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

So this puts us back to how things were late on Sunday night when .com reported it would be done this week?

No. The "this week" stuff, was loose. It's a, how long is a piece of string, job. Could be this week, who the fuck knows apart from the PL?

So this puts us back to how things were late on Sunday night when .com reported it would be done this week?

No I think there is still the late submission of piracy evidence to look over, supposedly.

Hardly surprising though that the FA is like amateur hour and this process is taking forever: they need to bungle Project Restart before they get to us.

I think I am going to try and not read the news for a while and just wait for the go/no go decision.

I really think that everything will be ok. The UK Govt sells billions of pounds of arms to KSA, so hardly likely to do much on that front. With regards to the piracy, I think now the FA may have more leverage than they did so it would not surprise me to see the pirate channel going dark very soon.

Hardly surprising though that the FA is like amateur hour and this process is taking forever: they need to bungle Project Restart before they get to us.

I think I am going to try and not read the news for a while and just wait for the go/no go decision.

I really think that everything will be ok. The UK Govt sells billions of pounds of arms to KSA, so hardly likely to do much on that front. With regards to the piracy, I think now the FA may have more leverage than they did so it would not surprise me to see the pirate channel going dark very soon.

the pirate channel has been dark since august of 2019

It has? So what is all the fuss about?

I know, let's all wish this takeover NOT to happen. That's the only thing that hasnt been tried yet.

If the gods of football are watching, they are bound to stick to the pattern of ignoring every prayer I've ever made.

Please lord, dont let this takeover happen. Thanks Amen.

Martin Ziegler, mandoon, Miguel Delaney, Stan Collymore, Richard Keys, kazeiro, Martin Samuel, Luke Edwards, PSG, amnesty international, Oliver Holt, Qatar.........I’ll tell you what where still in there fighting for this takeover and I’ll tell you what I will love it, love it when when this fu#%cking takeover is announced !

:lol:

They have got to go to Middlesbrough

Oooh I'd watch the Pirate channel. My swash would be buckled.

It has? So what is all the fuss about?

It is alleged the government has direct ties to this pirate channel. See this below from Jason Burt in the Telegraph on 4/30/2020

A letter from the league to the US Trade Representative (USTR) dated Feb 5 talked of the competition’s ultimately unsuccessful attempts to take legal action against pirate network beoutQ through the Saudi legal system, and complains about a “failure to take action” against the pirates by the Saudi government itself.​

BeoutQ illegally began to stream content licensed to beIN, a Qatar-based company which holds the rights to Premier League football in the Middle East and North Africa, in 2017 until it ceased broadcasting in August 2019.​

Arabsat, a satellite network owned by the Saudi state, has denied having any connection or involvement to beoutQ, but the Premier League was highly critical of what it sees as a lack of action from the Saudi government to clamp down on the piracy.​

The Premier League wrote: “Despite repeated complaints by beIN and other rights holders, Saudi Arabia has never brought criminal action against beoutQ, or its Saudi facilitators.​

“Notably, the current offline status of beoutQ satellite broadcasting is not the result of any Saudi criminal enforcement action.”​

The Premier League said the beoutQ set-top boxes could still be used to access sports content illegally by using internet protocol television (IPTV) apps. The letter ends: “In conclusion, Saudi Arabia continues to deny adequate and effective protection of intellectual property rights, as (i) Saudi Arabia remains a centre of piracy, impacting rights holders from around the world; (ii) the Saudi government persists in its failure to take action against beoutQ and other pirates, whether criminal or otherwise, that would deter the continuing growth of Saudi-based piracy; and (iii) the Premier League remains unable to gain access to the legal system in order to seek civil remedies against piracy.​

“In view of this long-standing situation, the Premier League respectfully requests that USTR maintain Saudi Arabia’s position on the Priority Watch List.” The USTR has kept Saudi Arabia on its watch list.

Just who has failed the Premier League's fit-and-proper-person test?  I found some stuff about Rangers in Scotland and some lower league stuff, but not for the Premier League. Anyone know offhand?

Think Southampton's failed, appealed and passed.

BeoutQ is not simply a channel. Although the service as a set top box is not operational since last September and apparently the ArabSat satellites have stopped rebroadcasting beIN channels, BeoutQ has evolved into a package-based platform, which relies on "3rd-party" apps for it's content - IPTV, torrent streaming etc. Similar to Kodi, except it's based on Android and is not open source.

Unfortunately, like the Khashoggi murder, the evidence of direct involvement of Senior officials is overwhelming. There's no doubt that beoutQ is (was) indeed a huge-scale piracy service, backed and most likely initiated and funded by members of the Saudi Royal Family.

https://piracymonitor.org/the-impact-of-beoutq-piracy-on-bein-media/

That's a fairly recent article on beoutq. It includes other reference stories on the service and a claim that it was stopped in preparation for the bid to buy us.

Here's the site, made by the beIN fuckers to push their side of the story (pretty convincingly): https://beoutq.tv/

And that's the technical investigation that FIFA, UEFA, the PL, Serie A, La Liga etc ordered to MarkMonitor as part of the court case in France - which btw has confirmed that the stolen BeIN content was transmitted through Arabsat satellites:

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/General/02/62/31/36/2623136_DOWNLOAD.pdf

edit: The MarkMonitor report was not part of the French court case. That was only between BeIN and BeOUT :lol The report is an independent inquiry which hasn't been followed up with a court case.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/15/southampton-jisheng-gao-chinese-owners

The Premier League, 25 years old this month, still has no governing philosophy for who is fit and proper to own one of England’s great clubs, except that they must prove they have the money and not have unspent convictions for offences involving dishonesty or leading to a prison sentence of at least 12 months.

Gao, by definition, has shown he has no such convictions and been cleared to take over, paying Katharina Liebherr the £210m following eight years of sound ownership by her family.

Martin Ziegler, mandoon, Miguel Delaney, Stan Collymore, Richard Keys, kazeiro, Martin Samuel, Luke Edwards, PSG, amnesty international, Oliver Holt, Qatar.........I’ll tell you what where still in there fighting for this takeover and I’ll tell you what I will love it, love it when when this fu#%cking takeover is announced !

Guest awaymag

BeoutQ is not simply a channel. Although the service as a set top box is not operational since last September and apparently the ArabSat satellites have stopped rebroadcasting beIN channels, BeoutQ has evolved into a package-based platform, which relies on "3rd-party" apps for it's content - IPTV, torrent streaming etc. Similar to Kodi, except it's based on Android and is not open source.

Unfortunately, like the Khashoggi murder, the evidence of direct involvement of Senior officials is overwhelming. There's no doubt that beoutQ is (was) indeed a huge-scale piracy service, backed and most likely initiated and funded by members of the Saudi Royal Family.

https://piracymonitor.org/the-impact-of-beoutq-piracy-on-bein-media/

That's a fairly recent article on beoutq. It includes other reference stories on the service and a claim that it was stopped in preparation for the bid to buy us.

Here's the site, made by the beIN fuckers to push their side of the story (pretty convincingly): https://beoutq.tv/

And that's the technical investigation that FIFA, UEFA, the PL, Serie A, La Liga etc ordered as part of the court case in France - which btw has confirmed that the stolen BeIN content was transmitted through Arabsat satellites:

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/General/02/62/31/36/2623136_DOWNLOAD.pdf

And how is tied to the PIF which is a separate legal entity.  Unless there is a proven link, not heresay but actual legal proof that the PIF is part of the piracy, then what has that got to do with the takeover of NUFC?