Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Clearly been given the ok this , now for the announcement, I'm sitting smug then  raising my glass whenever it shall be.

No going back, too many "stories" saying the PL approval is done for this not to be the start of life without MA .

They can take as long as they want , we are f***ing sold , this time I just "know" it.

O0    I'm going back when I can .

Ahhh man this is great to wake up to on a Friday, not going full cans but definitely a couple tonight to celebrate. Sure it's happening now, can actually start to dream about what the next couple of years might bring. :lol:

Ahhh man this is great to wake up to on a Friday, not going full cans but definitely a couple tonight to celebrate. Sure it's happening now, can actually start to dream about what the next couple of years might bring. :lol:

Be careful what you wish for

What I wish for is your avatar to come true and Rafa to manage us until retirement. :smitten:

Before handing over to whoever the next big thing in management is at that point :snod:

What I wish for is your avatar to come true and Rafa to manage us until retirement. :smitten:

Before handing over to whoever the next big thing in management is at that point :snod:

I’d take that too.

Is it still mid May now? Is RS the winner?

Nah, nee announcement yet.... And just to be a prick I'll say we're late May now.  I'm disgusted at his incorrect info. DISGUSTED.

it's 'reportedly' i.e. they have no information themselves and are just re reporting the other stories, and not to be negative but I imagine Sky Sports would be among the first to 'officially' know, so if it is true it's maybe before the final rubber stamp or whatever

it's 'reportedly' i.e. they have no information themselves and are just re reporting the other stories

They feel that they have reason to report it though.

It's just their bit about 'what the papers are saying'.

My take on today:

PIF and JV1 are in Newcastle right now. No other reason why a plane would make that Saudi - London - Newcastle - Saudi flight. I reckon plane went home empty having dropped the required personnel off. There was going to need to be some sort of physical transfer.

I do not believe for one second that events at Sheffield Utd are coincidental. I’d imagine a box needed to get ticked and Al Saud complied. But it would be folly to publicly admit to this.

That ITK about PR being called in sounds legit to me.

All in all this is happening and I think we are ahead of where the media think we are.

Why would they need to come to Newcastle in your scenario ? I'm with you in that I think its happening but I dont get why anyone would need to physically come here ?

Two reasons:

1. Physical collection of property. I’d imagine there is an emotional attachment and won’t feel real or like they can get properly started unless they establish some physical space for themselves at the club.

2. Ego. As seen in a few documentaries about super rich from that part of the world they like to show off their new toys amongst themselves and this is as big as they come.

If you are muslim you would understand. Why would they come to Newcastle on their biggest holiday of the year? Would you go to Saudi on Chirstmas eve.

Woke up with an intimidating hard-on, checked Twitter, and it got even harder.

Anyone with an "intimidating hard-on", please direct yourselves to the Lenny's Lasses thread in Chat and await further instruction