Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Si is right when he says people have a choice. You either choose to be part of it or you choose not too. A small minority tried protesting against Ashley, but it didn’t work because people just wanted to watch football, no matter how shite it was. But expecting an even smaller minority to protest against something that will have most people excited to go to the game is just not going to work at all. If people choose not to go, then full credit to them for standing by their principles, but they can’t expect to change other people’s minds when their own minds would never change. Just a shame after all this time there is still going to be a fracture in the support, even if it will be tiny.

Has the bit in bold been suggested btw? I didn't see it if it has. There'll never ever be protests like, even those against it know it would be a complete waste of time and energy.

Guest reefatoon

Si is right when he says people have a choice. You either choose to be part of it or you choose not too. A small minority tried protesting against Ashley, but it didn’t work because people just wanted to watch football, no matter how s**** it was. But expecting an even smaller minority to protest against something that will have most people excited to go to the game is just not going to work at all. If people choose not to go, then full credit to them for standing by their principles, but they can’t expect to change other people’s minds when their own minds would never change. Just a shame after all this time there is still going to be a fracture in the support, even if it will be tiny.

Has the bit in bold been suggested btw? I didn't see it if it has. There'll never ever be protests like, even those against it know it would be a complete waste of time and energy.

Si mentioned protesting in an earlier message, was responding to that.

Si is right when he says people have a choice. You either choose to be part of it or you choose not too. A small minority tried protesting against Ashley, but it didn’t work because people just wanted to watch football, no matter how s**** it was. But expecting an even smaller minority to protest against something that will have most people excited to go to the game is just not going to work at all. If people choose not to go, then full credit to them for standing by their principles, but they can’t expect to change other people’s minds when their own minds would never change. Just a shame after all this time there is still going to be a fracture in the support, even if it will be tiny.

Si mentioned protesting in an earlier message, was responding to that.

:thup: Must have missed it.

Here we go again. Back and forth between members until the Sunday rags come up with some new lie.

There's a path through this that is anti Ashley and anti Saudi that gets us through the other side with some integrity. The soul of the club is as important as the success of the club. If you don't believe that then what are we doing?

What path is that then?

Fight Ashley, protest against Saudi involvement in the club. Protect the soul of NUFC.

You all keep saying we are special but have  rolled over and stuck your legs in the air for the first billionaire that's got a chance of prising us from Ashley's grip. We are special we should be fighting to remain so. If we don't then what's the point?

Yes lets have a mock funeral and not eat the pies at half time and oh ....

There is no soul left to preserve 13 years of Ashley proved that .

Then what's the point?

What's your answer then? Fan ownership?

There's a plenty of stops between being Saudi or Ashley owned. I'm idealistic not naïve, I want someone with ambition that cares that doesn't have blood on their hands. Is it realistic probably not but does it mean we shouldn't fight for it f*** no.

Where have these stops been the last 13 years you talk about ?

The same support the team not the regime bullshit that held us back during the Ashley era.

Don’t think so I haven’t been in 11 years, so try again.

You say there’s stops between Ashley and Saudis.

Like I said your naive, where have these stops been the last 13 years ?

And where will these stops be waiting to pay 300 million in the middle of a global pandemic, with the worlds economy f#%cked.

I’m anything but support the team and not the regime brigade, but what I am is a realist.

Your alternative to the Saudis is another long period of Ownership under Ashley unfortunately.

That's what it boils down to for me.

First step to getting rid of Ashley is getting rid of Ashley - I'm looking no further ahead than that until it comes around.

The first step to getting rid of Saudi ownership is also probably getting rid of Ashley.

Once this whole takeover collapses it's going to be extremely enjoyable watching fat and fatter squirm as we get relegated. Bring it on.

Won't get relegated.

Maybe not "this" season. But we will. Its the already mutli proven inevitable result of how the club is ran.

Every club that's ever operated like this gets relegated.

Here we go again. Back and forth between members until the Sunday rags come up with some new lie.

There's a path through this that is anti Ashley and anti Saudi that gets us through the other side with some integrity. The soul of the club is as important as the success of the club. If you don't believe that then what are we doing?

What path is that then?

Fight Ashley, protest against Saudi involvement in the club. Protect the soul of NUFC.

You all keep saying we are special but have  rolled over and stuck your legs in the air for the first billionaire that's got a chance of prising us from Ashley's grip. We are special we should be fighting to remain so. If we don't then what's the point?

Then what's the point?

There's a plenty of stops between being Saudi or Ashley owned. I'm idealistic not naïve, I want someone with ambition that cares that doesn't have blood on their hands. Is it realistic probably not but does it mean we shouldn't fight for it f*** no.

The same support the team not the regime bullshit that held us back during the Ashley era.

And where will these stops be waiting to pay 300 million in the middle of a global pandemic, with the worlds economy f#%cked.

I’m anything but support the team and not the regime brigade, but what I am is a realist.

Your alternative to the Saudis is another long period of Ownership under Ashley unfortunately.

First step to getting rid of Ashley is getting rid of Ashley - I'm looking no further ahead than that until it comes around.

The first step to getting rid of Saudi ownership is also probably getting rid of Ashley.

My sentiments exactly, I may not have much tie left  :angel: :angel:

What path is that then?

Then what's the point?

My sentiments exactly, I may not have much time left  :angel: :angel:

Really don't want an American parasitic hedge fund, who'll do fuck all for the city.

Short but concise. If we are going to be owned by big money investors with shady motives, might as well go for the ones who's aim will be to make Newcastle great rather than boost their shareholder dividends.

Really don't want an American parasitic hedge fund, who'll do f*** all for the city.

Short but concise. If we are going to be owned by big money investors with shady motives, might as well go for the ones who's aim will be to make Newcastle great rather than boost their shareholder dividends.

Any this the other side of the argument that the media aren’t covering. Yes, the Saudis are clearly abhorrent when it comes to human rights.

But, in a deprived area of the UK in a post Brexit and (hopefully) soon to be post COVID-19 economy, investment in the club and area could be massive. It’s sad that it might come to this but are we really in a position to say no?

I get that this is part of the whole sportswashing narrative but I think the impact it could have on the region is huge.

Si is right when he says people have a choice. You either choose to be part of it or you choose not too. A small minority tried protesting against Ashley, but it didn’t work because people just wanted to watch football, no matter how shite it was. But expecting an even smaller minority to protest against something that will have most people excited to go to the game is just not going to work at all. If people choose not to go, then full credit to them for standing by their principles, but they can’t expect to change other people’s minds when their own minds would never change. Just a shame after all this time there is still going to be a fracture in the support, even if it will be tiny.

:clap:

Guest The Little Waster

Whilst the Saudi state is guilty of human rights abuses , the money they will put into the club and the area is clean money in so far as it comes from selling oil

Guest Howaythetoon

:clap:

Echoed

Is that the only choice? What if they are reasonably ambitious? How come it’s a given they are s***?

Beacause 13 years of no one matching his valuation tells us they don’t exist.

We all get people having objections to the Saudis, and I don’t class myself as heartless with no morals.

However, rightly or wrongly this takeover whether you like it or not is our only option, 13 years evidence of no successful takeovers tells us this.

Am I a bad person for turning a blind eye, maybe but where all hypocrites in some aspects of our life.

Why are we assuming that the Saudis are going to pump money into the local economy? Has this definitely been confirmed somewhere?

Was confirmed that they’ve had meetings with the council and Caulkin said that he’s been informed that they intend on doing so.

Is that the only choice? What if they are reasonably ambitious? How come it’s a given they are s***?

We all get people having objections to the Saudis, and I don’t class myself as heartless with no morals.

However, rightly or wrongly this takeover whether you like it or not is our only option, 13 years evidence of no successful takeovers tells us this.

Am I a bad person for turning a blind eye, maybe but where all hypocrites in some aspects of our life.

Or his valuation was too high and he didn't want to sell. He apparently wanted nearer 400 and is now settling for 300. Not surprising if other bidders now pop out of the wood work if that's the case.

Or his valuation was too high and he didn't want to sell. He apparently wanted nearer 400 and is now settling for 300. Not surprising if other bidders now pop out of the wood work if that's the case.

At this moment in time I would suggest there’s very few people with 300 million to spend on a football club.

When of the premier leagues biggest clubs has had to take a 175 million loan from the Bank of England, it’s hardly a great advert for investors.

Aye, "long-term interest" in the club apparently, had 13 years to buy it, now they're ready to come in just as another consortium is due to complete the takeover, along with no details whatsoever about the groups / main figures involved. How utterly convenient.

Imagine actually believing this  :lol:

:lol: so what benefit does it have to Mike Ashley that there is a second bidder? Ashley has never wanted to sell before, and every single time there is interest people go “a fake over! Imagine beleiving this”. What do you reckon then Bishop has winter in his pocket? Who made up the story?

Then why are there no actual details behind these links whatsoever as per usual?

The reason why people react in that way is because we have dozens of takeover stories every year, it would be foolhardy to not greet another vague link with skepticism

Yeah because the media would never make up a completely unsubstantiated story about NUFC :lol:

They just put out one the other week regarding the American Henry Mauriss and his apparent interest

It's just incredulous that you would seriously take it at face-value

Is that the only choice? What if they are reasonably ambitious? How come it’s a given they are shit?

American Corporatism won't be good for our club, look at the majority of American owners. I don't fancy our own Ellis Short tbh.

I was just reading the bbc article about the response to the Khashoggi widow, and it occurred to me, like who is she that she can afford top legal representation based in London?

They don’t take on pro bono work from what I can see.