Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Wow, another day - another 5-10 pages of people being horrible to one another. Shocker.

Are you okay?

Are you trying to be passing aggressive or are you genuinely asking me?

Your posts always seem to have an immense amount of anger inside them. I was wondering if you are okay

You're on a different planet you mind

Just looking out for one another.

In the form of constantly stirring the pot

Wow, another day - another 5-10 pages of people being horrible to one another. Shocker.

Are you okay?

Your posts always seem to have an immense amount of anger inside them. I was wondering if you are okay

I'm good. But to be perfectly honest, I've been on this forum for 15 years and I've never seen this place be chock full of members so horrible to one another. So perhaps that makes me angry - that people just can't be a little more respectful from time to time. Maybe not have an argument or not have to prove someone wrong every single time.

:dontknow:

Very true. The back and forth over the last couple of months between certain members have been tedious and sad. View points and counter view points made time an time again and if/when takeover goes thru it’ll likely get worse.

I honestly couldn’t be arsed being that angry and argumentative all the time, it must be exhausting

Are you okay?

You're on a different planet you mind

Just looking out for one another.

In the form of constantly stirring the pot

No, it wasn't.

I don’t think the bitterness is unique to here. Society at the moment seems to be a toxic cesspit of hate and the need to break down into little interest groups and looking for difference. It’s almost like people are spoiling for a war.

I dont know what this is or if its relevant but ive been sent a PDF file with 34 pages that is apparently on the Saudi government website. Here's a few screenshots

Screenshot-20200615-215931-Drive.jpg

Screenshot-20200615-220451-Drive.jpg

Screenshot-20200615-215853-Drive.jpg

Screenshot-20200615-215850-Drive.jpg

That’s their denial.

Then they say even though they deny it there is no jurisdiction as it is a geopolitical dispute being framed as a trade dispute

So home and dry?

Not really that’s just their defence.

Interesting that there just using the geopolitical argument. They do class aljazeera as terrorist tv, so I would imagine that’s their whole argument for banning bein.

Bearing in mind that Saudi is Britain’s main ally in gulf, I’d be astonished if premier league came down on Qatar’s side here.

I can’t imagine Boris and co being very happy, if the league p*ss then off.

I dont know what this is or if its relevant but ive been sent a PDF file with 34 pages that is apparently on the Saudi government website. Here's a few screenshots

snip

That’s their denial.

Then they say even though they deny it there is no jurisdiction as it is a geopolitical dispute being framed as a trade dispute

This is how the Empire begins...

snip

That’s their denial.

This is how the Empire begins...

Palpatine should've sponsored a podracing team instead of building the death star.

Guest godzilla

So home and dry?

No. That’s just why Saudi sent to WTO.

Thought that's what it might have been.

Good find by the way, part of me expects an appeal  ;D

Guest godzilla

Screenshot-20200615-215931-Drive.jpg

Screenshot-20200615-220451-Drive.jpg

Screenshot-20200615-215853-Drive.jpg

Screenshot-20200615-215850-Drive.jpg

That’s their denial.

You missed out section 81 which is interesting - wonder where the 3rd party report came from  :shifty::

81. In response, FIFA stated as follows:

Our various letters to Arabsat have been drafted in the spirit of cooperation and we again reiterate that FIFA is simply requesting the support of Arabsat in addressing the unauthorised transmissions of beoutQ. FIFA is in no way implying that Arabsat is involved in, or complicit with, the illegal beoutQ operation.

Unfortunately, due to reasons of legal privilege, FIFA is presently unable to provide you with a copy of the third party report upon which FIFA is relying and which confirms that beoutQ’s broadcasts are made available by way of certain Arabsat satellite frequencies.

82. Based on the above, and in particular FIFA’s refusal to provide available information based on dubious “reasons of legal privilege”, “Saudi Arabia does not believe that unsubstantiated statements should be accorded weight in this dispute. Moreover, FIFA’s confirmation that it “is in no way implying that Arabsat is involved in, or complicit with, the illegal beoutQ operation” directly undermines claims by the complaining Party that Saudi Arabia is involved in and complicit with beoutQ operations.

It's a positive paragraph to read, but just because FIFA isn't implying something at this point doesn't mean FIFA doesn't think it's happening. Those would be 2 very different statements. :lol:

Guest godzilla

It's a positive paragraph to read, but just because FIFA isn't implying something at this point doesn't mean FIFA doesn't think it's happening. Those would be 2 very different statements. :lol:

I would imagine they will need to provide a copy of that 3rd party report to the WTO, as thinking something is happening is baseless without factual evidence. Maybe they have, we wait and see.

Guest chopey

Once Wednesday comes and everyone is focused on the football on the field, this takeover will sneak through later in the week, what a birthday I'm going to have.

So, spitballing here, but that document is the Saudi response to the Qatari claims of piracy, yes? A counterclaim.

Everyone has been getting their knickers in a twist about the PL “receiving information” midway through the process and assumed it was the draft WTO verdict - but what if it was actually just the original Qatari claim? It would explain the negative reporting and hyperbolic language employed. It would also explain the significance of the release of the report, because it would be a “verdict” instead of a claim or counterclaim.

And it seems we can add FIFA to the Johnson government as secret allies of the takeover bid.