Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Yes they clearly have great plans and know exactly how to sort it out. No reason to worry.

That's why its taken months for the deal to be confirmed. No issues at all with anything.

According to Caulkin they’ve had an answer for everything so far, and so far it hasn’t been rejected. They’ve gone through all that just to fuck it up at the final hurdle and stop their country from viewing their new team.

Ok, then.  :lol:

Yes they clearly have great plans and know exactly how to sort it out. No reason to worry.

That's why its taken months for the deal to be confirmed. No issues at all with anything.

According to Caulkin they’ve had an answer for everything so far, and so far it hasn’t been rejected. They’ve gone through all that just to fuck it up at the final hurdle and stop their country from viewing their new team.

Didn't Caulkin also say the decision to block Bein from broadcasting in KSA wasn't something PIF were asking for or aware of?

People making these decisions are the same who thought it was a smart idea to chop a journalist to pieces in an embassy. So let's not give them too much credit...

KSA Via pif are going to own a football club with their population buzzing to see it play and They’ve decided to make sure there is no Legal way of doing so Next season so piracy Is the only way to do so and said piracy issues were the reason it was held up and ran the risk of being cancelled. 

That’s what people are saying, isn’t it? Imagine, thinking they are that stupid.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with that last sentence entirely.

Some people on here seem to forget the proven business calibre of all the people who are buying the club. The Reubens, PIF, Stavely, are ALL very good at what they do, very good indeed.

I think many seem to forget this, I suppose this is after 13 years of us being owned by a disinterested 'chancer' who just got lucky in the past in business.

Our new owners are very, very, different !!!

Aye, it’s not Ashley and his mates that we’re used to, it’s a legal team larger than our playing squad.  :lol:

They’ve got something planned, it’s not been done by accident or in spite. Whatever it is, it trumps the opinion of the naysayers on here and this is something they’ll have to get used to.

Yes, please remember that this "long delay" will seem like five minutes, once we "get going" under our three new owners.

Just let your mind wander forward to the endless stream of common-sense, ambitious, and articulate statements and interviews about OUR club from our owners and new manager . . . that in itself will be fantastic (think of the MEDIA coverage!) and all of that is in addition to the permanently much enhanced playing side of things !!!

It is happening, just wait a little bit (a 'tiny' little bit) longer people . . .

Guest reefatoon

I’m turning it around and enjoying the length of time now. After 13 years of desperately wanting Ashley out and him being a right cunt, for it now to be him desperately wanting out and it dragging its heels feels like the comeuppance he deserves. Every day it drags then the more the big man child will have a strop on. Just going to bask in that for a while.

Fucks sakes guys it's not rocket science. Why would anyone pay for the rights if a country under that deal can at any point just say "nah, dont fancy that, we'll make our own deal" :lol:

As a not so know all, they wouldn't have known a country was going to pull out as Saudi Arabia have know, when they bought those rights.

I bow to your superior knowledge in these things, just putting a suggestion out there.

Pull out of what? Pull out of a deal made between Bein and PL? How?

Someone earlier said Saudi Arabia had pulled of the Mena deal, no real idea if that was true but it was part of the nonsense conversation we were all having.

Mena deal? Isn't that just an acronym for Middle East and North Africa? Are they joining Europe or South America?  :dowie:

No idea,  told you earlier I'm just one of the not so know alls, just discussing nonsense.

You know more than me, read a back a couple of pages, the discussion and suggestions are there.

We have to move our island 200miles away from France when we leave the EU. We’ve also been booted out of the Euro’s, European club competition and most sadly, Eurovision Song Contest.

Christ. MENA isnt an union, it's a region.

It was you who joking asked if it was moving to Europe, I responded in kind.  :lol:

In this context, does it matter? We’re not moving land, it’s still part of the mena region, just like the uk will Still be part of Europe even though we’ve left it as a union. KSA could look to leave mena in all legal terms, but still sits in it as a region, and Remember this is just a tv deal which hoyed in all these countries to sell rights for ease, it’s not on the level of brexit.

The eu (union) talks to mena (region) on the same level legally, and considering many mena countries have cut ties with Qatar there’s a lot going on that We can only speculate, but that brings me back to my only point on this, these lot aren’t stupid and streets ahead of anyone on here, on twitter, in the press and so far paid by Qatar.

Didn't Caulkin also say the decision to block Bein from broadcasting in KSA wasn't something PIF were asking for or aware of?

People making these decisions are the same who thought it was a smart idea to chop a journalist to pieces in an embassy. So let's not give them too much credit...

No he didn’t. He said the uk side weren’t aware.

Can’t remember members of pif giving the green light on the assassination. Which branch of pif is that in?

Can’t remember members of pif giving the green light on the assassination. Which branch of pif is that in?

I'm talking about the decision to block Bein. I dont think PIF was involved in that?

I'm talking about the decision to block Bein. I dont think PIF was involved in that?

Well that's the trillion dollar question, and where do we separate PIF, KSA & MBS in all this.

If we say they didn't then you can't say we're about to be taken over by a murderer. If you say they did then all those parties are really one party. Which is it? (or is there grey area and what the PL are exploring)

Fucks sakes guys it's not rocket science. Why would anyone pay for the rights if a country under that deal can at any point just say "nah, dont fancy that, we'll make our own deal" :lol:

As a not so know all, they wouldn't have known a country was going to pull out as Saudi Arabia have know, when they bought those rights.

I bow to your superior knowledge in these things, just putting a suggestion out there.

Pull out of what? Pull out of a deal made between Bein and PL? How?

Someone earlier said Saudi Arabia had pulled of the Mena deal, no real idea if that was true but it was part of the nonsense conversation we were all having.

That was my point.  The deal is between the PL and Bein, SA are under no obligation to allow them to broadcast there.

Anyone that thinks Staveley is worth fawning over, needs their head checked.

She helped broker the deal which made Man City the richest club in the world. She came to buy us and was forced into playing Ashley’s game, ultimately seeing his toys being thrown out of the pram, and her being personally insulted publicly. She then came back with even big investors which would make Newcastle 10 times as rich as the Man City deal she brokered (at least on paper).

She has met with local MP’s, councillors, and land owners about developing areas of Newcastle.

She has met with fans groups to talk to them about how they think the club should be ran.

She is a in a high court battle with Barclays where she claims she is owned over £1bn. You don’t get to go to the high court for a case like that unless both your very expensive and very good lawyers, and the very experienced judge think you have a realistic chance of winning.

Why is she no longer credible? Is it because this test is taking a long time? That’s not her fault, you need to knock on the Premier League’s door for that one.

Is it because she has said to Caulkin that she thinks there will be a positive outcome and it will be approved? The D&O test maybe taking some time, but she’s not been wrong so far has she?

If Staveley's ideas and visions were coming from a chap called Kevin with a slightly dodgy mullet or a guy called Rafa with a nice pair of glasses the drool emoji would be out in force.

It's exactly the type of owner we need

KSA Via pif are going to own a football club with their population buzzing to see it play and They’ve decided to make sure there is no Legal way of doing so Next season so piracy Is the only way to do so and said piracy issues were the reason it was held up and ran the risk of being cancelled. 

That’s what people are saying, isn’t it? Imagine, thinking they are that stupid.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with that last sentence entirely.

Some people on here seem to forget the proven business calibre of all the people who are buying the club. The Reubens, PIF, Stavely, are ALL very good at what they do, very good indeed.

I think many seem to forget this, I suppose this is after 13 years of us being owned by a disinterested 'chancer' who just got lucky in the past in business.

Our new owners are very, very, different !!!

Aye, it’s not Ashley and his mates that we’re used to, it’s a legal team larger than our playing squad.  :lol:

They’ve got something planned, it’s not been done by accident or in spite. Whatever it is, it trumps the opinion of the naysayers on here and this is something they’ll have to get used to.

Yes, please remember that this "long delay" will seem like five minutes, once we "get going" under our three new owners.

Just let your mind wander forward to the endless stream of common-sense, ambitious, and articulate statements and interviews about OUR club from our owners and new manager . . . that in itself will be fantastic (think of the MEDIA coverage!) and all of that is in addition to the permanently much enhanced playing side of things !!!

It is happening, just wait a little bit (a 'tiny' little bit) longer people . . .

Anyone that thinks Staveley is worth fawning over, needs their head checked.

She helped broker the deal which made Man City the richest club in the world. She came to buy us and was forced into playing Ashley’s game, ultimately seeing his toys being thrown out of the pram, and her being personally insulted publicly. She then came back with even big investors which would make Newcastle 10 times as rich as the Man City deal she brokered (at least on paper).

She has met with local MP’s, councillors, and land owners about developing areas of Newcastle.

She has met with fans groups to talk to them about how they think the club should be ran.

She is a in a high court battle with Barclays where she claims she is owned over £1bn. You don’t get to go to the high court for a case like that unless both your very expensive and very good lawyers, and the very experienced judge think you have a realistic chance of winning.

Why is she no longer credible? Is it because this test is taking a long time? That’s not her fault, you need to knock on the Premier League’s door for that one.

Is it because she has said to Caulkin that she thinks there will be a positive outcome and it will be approved? The D&O test maybe taking some time, but she’s not been wrong so far has she?

If Staveley's ideas and visions were coming from a chap called Kevin with a slightly dodgy mullet or a guy called Rafa with a nice pair of glasses the drool emoji would be out in force.

It's exactly the type of owner we need

All three of our new owners are exactly the owners we need.

Read something yesterday from Lazaros agent saying that things have changed at Newcastle ( regarding Lazaros transfer) that new owners are coming

The club is obviously in limbo (even Bruce is saying as such) so his agent is probably just assuming a takeover is coming. No chance any positive developments would have reached him (an agent) and not the media too.

KSA is basically in a trade war with Qatar. The league has sold broadcasting rights to an entire region to one company who is in a trade war with multiple nations in said region. The largest nation in said region has just banned them from doing business in their country and are “pulling out” of said agreement. That’s the loophole some are alluding to in terms of KSA looking to arrange their own rights.

1) Bein isnt in a trade war.

2) To me that sounds like the opposite of a loophole, it would be a loophole is Bein decided not to broadcast in KSA.

There's no way a country can decide to pull out of deal they have no part in and start negotiating their own. First PL take a stand on piracy to protect the rights and then make a complete mockery of the rights by selling them twice to one country? Nope.

If the World Trade Org is getting involved, how is the BeIn issue not a trade war? Does the diplomatic and trade (economic) war between the 2 nations not include the Qatari business known as BeIn sports? How is that not a trade war? You realize restricting one nation from doing business in another falls into that category right? What am I missing here?

Read something yesterday from Lazaros agent saying that things have changed at Newcastle ( regarding Lazaros transfer) that new owners are coming

Didn’t he say he wasn’t interested in a permanent transfer? (something along the lines of wanting better?)

Happy to think Lazaro no longer feels he’s too good for us :thup:

KSA is basically in a trade war with Qatar. The league has sold broadcasting rights to an entire region to one company who is in a trade war with multiple nations in said region. The largest nation in said region has just banned them from doing business in their country and are “pulling out” of said agreement. That’s the loophole some are alluding to in terms of KSA looking to arrange their own rights.

1) Bein isnt in a trade war.

2) To me that sounds like the opposite of a loophole, it would be a loophole is Bein decided not to broadcast in KSA.

There's no way a country can decide to pull out of deal they have no part in and start negotiating their own. First PL take a stand on piracy to protect the rights and then make a complete mockery of the rights by selling them twice to one country? Nope.

If the World Trade Org is getting involved, how is the BeIn issue not a trade war? Does the diplomatic and trade (economic) war between the 2 nations not include the Qatari business known as BeIn sports? How is that not a trade war? You realize restricting one nation from doing business in another falls into that category right? What am I missing here?

Forgive me for wading in here, but it seems this exchange is emblematic of the problem.

What are we missing here? Heaps. Fucking loads of detail and minutiae and interns reading precedents in the wee hours.

There a number of incredibly complex issues here, and some of the most expensive lawyers in the world are trying to unravel it.

Like, doesn’t MENA only exist for the purposes of commercial arrangements? It’s not a formal alliance like NATO or the EU, right? So whether a country can unilaterally say they can withdraw from a regional broadcasting contract - who fucking knows? Seems like it’s not a simple yes/no.

Trying to present this takeover as simple and “why is it taking so long” seems pretty daft to me...

So Qatar Airlines have been pirating music and in other Qatari news, back in April they murdered a Journalist in prison. Also being accused of knowingly funding terrorists and bribing people in attempts to cover it up.  :lol:

So Qatar Airlines have been pirating music and in other Qatari news, back in April they murdered a Journalist in prison. Also being accused of knowingly funding terrorists and bribing people in attempts to cover it up.  :lol:

Yeah thieving hypocrites.

Guest reefatoon

It is pathetic. The football, excitement and everything that is supposed to come with a takeover is completely lost by two packs of cunts being twats to each other.